Would Dorsey trade up??? If so for who? And what would he be willing to give up?

brownie man

33 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I think if we trade up it can't be for our 2nd this year or our 1st next year but anything else is on the table. I would be really happy (like doing back flips down my street) if we walked away with Ferrell in the 1st and Jones in the 2nd, even if we have to trade up a bit in either or both rounds to get them as long as it is not the 2 picks already mentioned. 

I think trading up for DL this year is bonkers, plenty to go around.

As of now I’d be cool with Bosa, Williams, Ferrell, Tillery, Wilkins, Allen and Ed Oliver. 

I think you’re probanly gonna have to include Lawrence, Gary, and Sweat In there too.

Polite and Burns could also be in the mix if they test well, they aren’t the tweeners we thought they were.

That’s 12 dudes.

To add to the last post, that doesn’t even take into account the other dudes who solidified themselves (or likely will) this weekend.

Guys like Metcalf, White, Fant, and Hockenson.

It also doesn’t include the quarterbacks, of which 2-3 are likely to go before we pick.

If anything, we could move down still get one of the dudes and more ammo for next year.

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think trading up for DL this year is bonkers, plenty to go around.

As of now I’d be cool with Bosa, Williams, Ferrell, Tillery, Wilkins, Allen and Ed Oliver. 

I think you’re probanly gonna have to include Lawrence, Gary, and Sweat In there too.

Polite and Burns could also be in the mix if they test well, they aren’t the tweeners we thought they were.

That’s 12 dudes.

Thanks but no thanks on Lawrence, Gary, or Burns and I'm on the fence with Polite. Just my opinion but Lawrence is more of a NT and would be much better suited in a 3-4 in the NFL ( in the NCAA he can get by but the NFL is a whole other beast), Gary takes plays off and I don't like his attitude at all, Burns also takes plays off and looks effective some plays and looks like he is lost in others. Polite I'm not sure about he looks like he gives decent effort most of the time but looks lost sometimes and I think that is because he does not read the offenses quick enough and in the NFL that could be a big issue. That is how I see those players from what games I watched this season, I could be wrong on any of these guys but I calls them like I see em. 

I think the Browns fixing the DT and weak side DE alone will at least get us the AFC North this year. So that is why I'm willing to do more then usual to get elite d-linemen. Other then that if we can get a better 2nd CB and cut Collins and upgrade at LB in FA, we could be Super Bowl bound. I didn't think I would ever say those words in my lifetime and I couldn't be happier. I really do trust Dorsey to do the right thing so whoever he gets I'll be happy with, the man has been a pretty lights out talent evaluator so I defer to whatever he chooses. 

12 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Thanks but no thanks on Lawrence, Gary, or Burns and I'm on the fence with Polite. Just my opinion but Lawrence is more of a NT and would be much better suited in a 3-4 in the NFL ( in the NCAA he can get by but the NFL is a whole other beast), Gary takes plays off and I don't like his attitude at all, Burns also takes plays off and looks effective some plays and looks like he is lost in others. Polite I'm not sure about he looks like he gives decent effort most of the time but looks lost sometimes and I think that is because he does not read the offenses quick enough and in the NFL that could be a big issue. That is how I see those players from what games I watched this season, I could be wrong on any of these guys but I calls them like I see em. 

I think the Browns fixing the DT and weak side DE alone will at least get us the AFC North this year. So that is why I'm willing to do more then usual to get elite d-linemen. Other then that if we can get a better 2nd CB and cut Collins and upgrade at LB in FA, we could be Super Bowl bound. I didn't think I would ever say those words in my lifetime and I couldn't be happier. I really do trust Dorsey to do the right thing so whoever he gets I'll be happy with, the man has been a pretty lights out talent evaluator so I defer to whatever he chooses. 

Get by doing what?

4 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Get by using his size, sorry I should've clarified. 

Just to be clear tough, his size/athletics/strength is elite by NFL standards too.

He’s gonna bully some C’s in the league just like in college.

I mean, he damned near broke 5 seconds in the 40 at 342 and doesn’t turn 22 until Nov.

F. R. E. A. K.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just to be clear tough, his size/athletics/strength is elite by NFL standards too.

He’s gonna bully some C’s in the league just like in college.

I mean, he damned near broke 5 seconds in the 40 at 342 and doesn’t turn 22 until Nov.

F. R. E. A. K.

I'm not saying I'm infallible or I'm the end all be all when it comes to scouting and he did have a hell of a combine for sure but I would prefer Wilkins myself. That size scares me and I can't say why. Maybe your right and I'm biased, we will see what happens and I'll be happy with who ever he picks 

13 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'm not saying I'm infallible or I'm the end all be all when it comes to scouting and he did have a hell of a combine for sure but I would prefer Wilkins myself. That size scares me and I can't say why. Maybe your right and I'm biased, we will see what happens and I'll be happy with who ever he picks 

If you’re wrong you get to join the club if literally everyone else on this site who’s been wrong dozens of times.

As I often point out, I was #TeamJaMarcus.

It happens to the best of us.

That said, I like Wilkins too and would happily take him at 17, but he’s also like 2.5 years older than Lawrence.  Just something to consider....

I think Wilkins has a higher floor, but Lawrence an All-Pro ceiling.

Athletically I can thnk of maybe 3 dudes off the top of my head who had a similar HWS profile and that’s Ngata, Poe and Vea. That’s pretty decent company.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you’re wrong you get to join the club if literally everyone else on this site who’s been wrong dozens of times.

As I often point out, I was #TeamJaMarcus.

It happens to the best of us.

That said, I like Wilkins too and would happily take him at 17, but he’s also like 2.5 years older than Lawrence.  Just something to consider....

I think Wilkins has a higher floor, but Lawrence an All-Pro ceiling.

Athletically I can thnk of maybe 3 dudes off the top of my head who had a similar HWS profile and that’s Ngata, Poe and Vea. That’s pretty decent company.

I did not know that about him being 2 years younger. I guess I kinda expect everyone to be around the same age or at least within a year and that does make a significant difference. I gotta say you might be talking me into Lawrence or at the very least I'm going to have to go back and watch some more tape of him. I do tend to $#!+ on DT's who are over 320 lbs. and maybe wrongfully label them a NT. Who knows maybe you have reformed me lol. 

10 rookies arent making the team. If someone Dorsey thinks is a top 5 player falls to 10x we will go up. Same goes for our 2nd pick. Quality over quantity at this point. Depth is mostly not an issue and we have out QB,  go get the high end talent. The window has just begun.

1 minute ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I did not know that about him being 2 years younger. I guess I kinda expect everyone to be around the same age or at least within a year and that does make a significant difference. I gotta say you might be talking me into Lawrence or at the very least I'm going to have to go back and watch some more tape of him. I do tend to $#!+ on DT's who are over 320 lbs. and maybe wrongfully label them a NT. Who knows maybe you have reformed me lol. 

Usually they are because they’re fat turds who can’t move.

Lawrence just ran a faster 40 than..... wait for it... Dre’Mont. 😮 😉 😂 

1 minute ago, nugpimpen said:

10 rookies arent making the team.

Probably not, but I think we could possibly see a WR, TE, OL, DT, DE, LB, CB.  I think it’s possible that 2 players from a few of those positions could make the team too, mostly as special teams (LB, CB).

If someone Dorsey thinks is a top 5 player falls to 10x we will go up. Same goes for our 2nd pick. Quality over quantity at this point.

This is flawed logic.  It assumes the player is a guaranteed “hit”.  Trading multiple picks to trade up for someone who’s a bust is exponentially worse than staying put and making multiple picks.  

Depth is mostly not an issue and we have out QB,  go get the high end talent. The window has just begun.

I’d argue depth is most definitely an issue.  

And yes, the window has just begun, no need to go “all in” on the first hand.  Play the hands your dealt, take minimal risks and keep yourself in the game. 

That’s what the good teams do anyway...

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Usually they are because they’re fat turds who can’t move.

Lawrence just ran a faster 40 than..... wait for it... Dre’Mont. 😮 😉 😂 

Dang I was just warming up to you too but you just had to go there. Shame on you, sir. 😤

Next season we will probably be losing some free agents.

Potential quality to high end free agents:

Damarious Randall
Joe Schobert
Rashard Higgins
Greg Robinson

Lesser free agents but could still get enough coin to matter:

Emmanuel Ogbah
Derrick Kindred
Briean Boddy Calhoun

There is absolutely no way we can keep them all and after another draft with 4 picks in the Top 100 we should have a nice young core and not much real need to spend in free agency. With out the need to bring in a bunch of free agents and a bunch of our own set to test the over payment waters it could bring us several compensatory picks with the Top 4 guys as potential 3rd round types.

With the knowledge that we could be in line to receiver some 3rd or 4th round pick via compensatory picks I wouldn't be surprised to see John Dorsey use future 3rd and 4th round picks to move up and get guys that he likes higher up in the draft.

Archived