New two-round mock draft with trades

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Lawrence does not fit the Browns defensive scheme. I would MUCH rather have 

1, 17: Ferrell DE Clemson 

2, 49: Dre'Mont Jones DT THE Ohio State University 

Actually that would be the perfect draft (or at least the first 2 rounds) for the Browns and I would be a very happy man. Lawrence is more of a NT and would fit into a 3-4 defense much better then a 4-3 which we have imo. 

I won't argue that Ferrell might be a better prospect or pick for the Browns but I disagree in the classification of Dexter Lawrence as only a nose tackle in 3-4. I see Lawrence one-gap and bull rush effectively enough that he seems to fit just about any scheme he plays in. As a run defender and someone to hold blockers at the line of scrimmage he is a plus defender of course which I think is something the Browns defense would certainly welcome in 2019.

39 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Hockerson is a good pick but may have sort of dropped out of the top ten from the combination of his performance at the combine and fellow tight ends Irv Smith Jr. and Noah Fant. Metcalf to me is a reasonable pick at nine for Buffalo but the medical may bring shades of Sammy Watkins back to the Bills organization up top. I believe Ed Oliver's size and medical history may also scare the Bills organization away when compared to the ultra productive and reliable Christian Wilkins coming from a National Championship winning program. Winning pedigree like that can be a selling point too don't forget. As for offensive line, I don't know that there is a true top ten pick in this years draft in that group so unless the Bills trade down, I don't think they'd trust the value of reaching for a guy like Taylor who comes from the warm climate of Florida and plays right tackle primarily.

In the second round? A case could be made for Damien Harris instead of Singletary after the combines both had, and I do see the Bills wanting to solidify their backfield more with LeSean McCoy in the twilight of his prime. Maybe a receiver is available who makes sense just as much if not more so than any runningback, however Brian Daboll coached at Alabama and is familar with the impact of physical offense versus finesse. Plenty of receivers are available in free agency as well. Any names you might throw out there?

I still think the blocking ability that Hockenson offers and mismatches will still appeal to the Bills and remind them of Greg Olson.
Nobody, including ownership is the same in Buffalo from the Watkins fiasco so I don't know if that is the best comparison. I can understand what you're saying about Wilkins over Oliver but my heart still says Ed lol. And the Bills showed last year injuries won't scare them off from a potential playmaker (Josh Allen).

The Bills need a RT which is why Taylor makes sense. I really don't think they'll care that he played at Florida. The Bills had multiple chances to move on from Shady and Beane never pulled the trigger. He's even doubled down on saying Shady is a big part of 2019. Chris Ivory played really well in relief duty, so i just don't see the value in a round 2 RB who may not get many touches. 

As for FA Wideouts, I am a fan of Tyrell Williams and a guy like Chris Conley who would cement the backend up the group. Both offer speed and size the Bills don't currently have much of,

Solid two rounds for the Bengals.  But with hindsight, I'd be upset that we passed on White at 11 with McGary, Risner, Lindstrom and Bradbury, among others, sitting there in the second, but no LBs.  All of this assumes Mike Brown does the usual "sleep through the first wave or two of free agency" and wakes up to go bargain shopping in the leftover bin.  If we get a LB or two, this draft strategy is great.

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

23. Texans - Jonathan Abram, SS, Mississippi State

All signs indicate that the Texans will retain Tyrann Mathieu, so I don't see this happening... Mathieu, Justin Reid and Andre Hal make up the strength of the secondary groups, S is not a pressing need.

CB or LT is the position of need. If the Texans land LT Trent Brown, then this will take LT off the board, but CB takes its place. With the board still holding Baker, Ya-Sin, Murphy and Greedy, the Texans don't hesitate and take the one that's rated the highest.

I'm assuming Jadevion Clowney is either tagged or given a deal? That might dictate how this works out.

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

54. Texans - Dalton Risner, RG, Kansas State

55. Texans - David Edwards, RT, Wisconsin

If Risner and Edwards are the pick here, I'd totally go nuts. This is a dream scenario, but I don't think Risner makes it out of the 1st.

Solid Chiefs draft.  A cb that can start in the 1st and 2 offensive linemen with our 2 2nd round picks.  Your trade of Houston and Ford nets us 2 additional 3rd rounders which can be used to address the defense.

14. Falcons - T.J. Hockerson, TE, Iowa

Am i missing something here or was this supposed to be a pick for a different team and accident;y got put on the falcons?  TE is one of the least of our worries we have a pro bowl starting TE in Austin Hooper and a pretty solid back or 2 behind him in Saubert and logan paulsen.   If you were to make a list of needs for the Falcons TE wouldn't actually be in the top 6 or 7 needs and even then it's not a starting need it would be for 3rd string depth so maybe a late 5th to 7th round depth guy with upside if one at all which im not sure i would take.

Here is a legit list of needs for you to look at when making the Falcons picks.   and the Falcons do 100% draft based on needs and then BPA at those needs quoted from dimitroff himself numerous of times in a ton of interviews.     DTx2, Edge Rusher, OGx2, OT(maybe), LB, CB, and Power RB/FB   

Here are positions we shouldn't even be looking at in the 1st 5 rounds  QB, Scat Back, Safety, TE, and WR

Based on your draft and where everyone dropped to this would be the best options for atlanta based on our actual drafting style, needs, and scheme fits.  I'll give you 4 to 5 options at each pick and all of them would be really good picks.

#14 -  Dexter Lawrence, Clelin Ferrel, Jonah Williams, Montez Sweat, and Cody Ford

2nd - Chris Lindstrom, Dalton Risner, Elgton Jenkins, Jerry Tillery, and Eric McCoy.

The 1st 2 players in each list would have been the selections i would have gone with on each pick as they would have covered biggest needs with imo the most talented players.

Also if im seeing this right the bills according to the guys earlier list seemed to like Hockerson at TE and im guessing it might be a need for them?  Where as Wilkins would be the perfect DT and scheme fit for the Falcons.  Thats a easy fix right there  Hock at 9 to Bills and Wilkins to 14 for Falcons.  Doesn't even mess up the draft at all and gets both teams what they need.

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@badgers0821 I was a little undecided between whether the Packers would rather have Dee Ford or Justin Houston. If the trade was for Ford would that be a better fit for the Packers? Houston is a great pass rusher with a lot of experience so I thought he would mesh well right away.

Ford 100%

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Ramsey may be dealt if not this off-season then possibly during the regular season or even next off-season. I guess the same could apply to AJ Bouye. Greedy in the slot to fill the old "Colvin nickle" role is represents a strong value in my opinion at the top of the second round for Jacksonville. In terms of taking a tight there, I'm not sure I see a player available in that spot who is worth reaching for right now. Offensive line could be a smart alternative to the Williams selection however the impact of a rookie might be less than what someone in secondary can make right away. Free agency also has a chance to yield a reliable option along the offensive line as well. Are there any free agents to be that cole to mind for the Jaguars?

Jags are tight against the cap.  not much money to get a Quality option at TE and OL when your giving foles 15 million.

1) Marquise brown at 7 sounds like dog poop.  sorry but desean jackson 2.0 isnt what our offense needs especially considering hes coming off a foot injury atm and they seem to affect offensive guys worse then defenders.  better Options include Andre Dillard(moves cam robinson to RT to where hes better suited), Jawaan Taylor(upgrades RT), TJ Hockenson(instantly becomes our best TE on the roster 

Ramsey wants to be a Jag and unless the jags are getting a something dumb like 3 1st rounds and a 2nd hes gonna be a jag. bouye is interesting cuz hes good but obviously i dont think teams like to commit to 30 million appx to 2 Cornerbacks regardless of how good they are.  as for Nickle defense DJ hayden actually played fairly well in his role in replacing Colvin.  best bet is to go draft the Best offensive guy available that fits the scheme. 

round 2: Better choices then a CB would be: Brian Burns(gives us a 2nd dynamic edge rusher as Ngakoue has 1 year left and we only have STer Lentree McCray behind him), Chris Lindstrom(perfect fit for our RG spot as our starter from last year left),  K'neal Harry(wr help), Dalton Risner(starting RT or RG). i would throw Garret Bradburry into the mix but im not sure if he fits a Power scheme but he would help improve the Interior OL. 

17 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

26. Colts - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

34. Colts - Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

59. Colts - Tyshun "Deebo" Samuel, WR, South Carolina

I prefer Murphy to Baker but other than that this is about as good as I could hope for.

Archived