With extra 10 mil salary cap increase Packers will ......

coachbuns

Not sure that is the case. We have just over 34 million in cap space. Prior to the official announcement we had over 40 according to overthecap. 

Enough money to get a few guys in free agency, but we'll have to release a few too at this point. I believe our rookies are going to cost 10 million based on the slots we're drafting right now. 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not sure that is the case. We have just over 34 million in cap space. Prior to the official announcement we had over 40 according to overthecap. 

Enough money to get a few guys in free agency, but we'll have to release a few too at this point. I believe our rookies are going to cost 10 million based on the slots we're drafting right now. 

Every reputable FA site was predicting between 188 and 190 million "cap". 

The rookies will cost less than 3.5 when you factor in the salary difference with the offset of cutting the cheap contracts that they are replacing.

There was literally no change. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Already have had it factored into the budget?

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Every reputable FA site was predicting between 188 and 190 million "cap". 

The rookies will cost less than 3.5 when you factor in the salary difference with the offset of cutting the cheap contracts that they are replacing.

There was literally no change. 

Agreed.  Should also add that all 32 teams are getting the $10M increase over the 2018 cap number.  It's not exclusive to GB, so it means that UFA are going to cost more.  Contract inflation as the cap rises.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.  Should also add that all 32 teams are getting the $10M increase over the 2018 cap number.  It's not exclusive to GB, so it means that UFA are going to cost more.  Contract inflation as the cap rises.

Thanks. Wasn't aware the increase was already baked into our current salary cap projection.

26 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't expect them to be big spenders, in FA and the only player on the roster in line for a big extension is Kenny Clark.

So I figure Kenny Clark is about to get PAID.

Judging by everything Gutey has said and reports out of the combine they’re going to aggressive in free agency.

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Judging by everything Gutey has said and reports out of the combine they’re going to aggressive in free agency.

Heard the same thing.  Hard to say if there is any truth to that.

Hoping that GB goes after a Safety and a DL/Edge in FA.  

24 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I feel like this is going to be a lot like last year's reports on how the Packers are going to be aggressive in trading up for a player they like in the first.

I mean, they might have *wanted* to trade up for Fitzpatrick, and they might have made a lot of calls, but nothing came of it.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like this is going to be a lot like last year's reports on how the Packers are going to be aggressive in trading up for a player they like in the first.

I mean, they might have *wanted* to trade up for Fitzpatrick, and they might have made a lot of calls, but nothing came of it.

I don’t think one thing has anything to do with the other here.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don’t think one thing has anything to do with the other here.

I mean the reason they didn't move up last year was most likely some combination of:

- they telegraphed something contrary to their actual strategy

-the bidding got too rich for their blood.

I figure the latter is 100% why the Packers are going to sign zero big name FAs.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean the reason they didn't move up last year was most likely some combination of:

- they telegraphed something contrary to their actual strategy

-the bidding got too rich for their blood.

I figure the latter is 100% why the Packers are going to sign zero big name FAs.

They will have probably 40 million to spend. They are not going to the bank and stash it for next year. Rodgers window is about 5 years give or take. They may not spend big big dollars on one guy but they will/better get at least 2 or more decent higher tier free agents.

4 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

How aggressive would you say is aggressive when the Raiders gave up a 3rd and 5th round pick to move up to 10 from 15?  In terms of values, the Packers FRP and 3rd would have been more valuable than what the Raiders gave up.

Archived