Lawrence signs 5-yr, $100MM contract w/ $65MM guaranteed

textaz03

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Do you think Dallas really plays that type of ball here?  They get out bid then demand two #1s. 

I don’t see that either. You screw DLaw out of money. That’s noy going h to sit well. Then he walks and you get a 3rd rd comp.

He is franchised. If we get outbid on a franchise tag, the Colts have to give us 2 first rounders. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

It can be negotiated. It doesn’t have to be two #1s

Trading Lawrence for the Colt's first pick is a reasonable trade.  It's the equivalent of trading him for Cooper and moving up a spot in the first round.

I do not like the thought of trading DLaw for a first.   Especially with the Gregory suspension.    I have zero faith any Rookie DL will come close to performing at 60% of DL    A trade might help us three four years down the road but not this year      I see the tag as a stop gap to prevent other teams from buying him away while we I HOPE sign him this off season

42 minutes ago, quiller said:

I do not like the thought of trading DLaw for a first.   Especially with the Gregory suspension.    I have zero faith any Rookie DL will come close to performing at 60% of DL    A trade might help us three four years down the road but not this year      I see the tag as a stop gap to prevent other teams from buying him away while we I HOPE sign him this off season

You are ignoring the also ~$25M in cap space it would give us to go sign 2-3 veterans. If Brandon Graham is $13m/yr, I would *HAPPILY* sign 2 Brandon Grahams than 1 Tank. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You are ignoring the also ~$25M in cap space it would give us to go sign 2-3 veterans. If Brandon Graham is $13m/yr, I would *HAPPILY* sign 2 Brandon Grahams than 1 Tank. 

YES, Dlaw is very good but to put 20+ million for someone with suspension issues and a shoulder injury could be crippling. Za'Darius Smith, Trey Flowers could be as expensive but we could get Ansah/Suggs and draft one or go Smith and sign a top tier safety for the same money. 

8 minutes ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

YES, Dlaw is very good but to put 20+ million for someone with suspension issues and a shoulder injury could be crippling. Za'Darius Smith, Trey Flowers could be as expensive but we could get Ansah/Suggs and draft one or go Smith and sign a top tier safety for the same money. 

Preston Smith on the lower tier lol. 

On 3/7/2019 at 3:44 AM, Matts4313 said:

No way in he11 I want to give $25 mil per season for 5-7 seasons to DLaw.   That's good qb money.  Now if he was DWare on and off the field, maybe. Not to mention he has to have surgery.

11 minutes ago, D82 said:

You know that isn't going to happen, right?

It's amazing how many people are clamoring for something that has essentially no precedent here in the post-Jimmy Johnson era (selling high on a star player in his prime). We couldn't even let DeMarco Murray walk without suffering an insurmountable loss in team morale. Breaking news: Jason Garrett is not Bill Belichick.

• Like 2