Lawrence signs 5-yr, $100MM contract w/ $65MM guaranteed

textaz03

21 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Wait, so they front loaded the contract? I guess that's smart while you still have Dak with 1 more year on a rookie deal, and Cooper coming up.

I took this as he gets a large signing bonus, which wouldn’t necessarily be front loading, but I haven’t seen the details

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

This is perfect. Just the right amount of years and the per year money is cheaper than I was expecting. Love it. Dallas did the right thing here. 

Am curious to see the full breakdown. Would be ideal if Dallas still has a little flexibility to shoot for a one year rental on Suh or maybe some RB help in Ajayi.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Anyone have the breakdown on how it affects the cap this year and next?

I’m waiting for those to come out. 

My guess is low salary and high bonus to spread out the cap hit over the 5 years to reduce the cap hit this year

41 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This is perfect. Just the right amount of years and the per year money is cheaper than I was expecting. Love it. Dallas did the right thing here. 

Am curious to see the full breakdown. Would be ideal if Dallas still has a little flexibility to shoot for a one year rental on Suh or maybe some RB help in Ajayi.

My guess is something along the lines of $25m-ish signing bonus with like a $6m salary. That would get to the $31m number reported while dropping his cap hit from $21m to $11m. Adding $10m more to play with this year. 

I’m glad it’s done. The terms aren’t bad, and the bulk of the money appears to be paid out in the first 2 years, making it much easier to sign the other guys next year and the year after WITHOUT having to restructure D-Law’s contract. That alone makes me happy. No more dumb contracts.

Great news! Happy to see they paid D-Law his money. The F.O. held firm and didn't overpay, $21 M per year is a good deal for everyone. 

Now we should see the best out of him, Quinn should have a bounce back year.  

Edited by Tony7188