Lawrence signs 5-yr, $100MM contract w/ $65MM guaranteed

textaz03

The only reason Jerry is hesitant is because he loves Dak, Amari, Jaylon, and to a lesser degree Zeke, a whole lot more.  If he could, he would work out contracts with all four of them first. If there was anything left over then maybe sign DLaw. He probably wants Byron over Lawrence as well.

Jerry sees former 1st rounder Taco Charlton and a cheaper option in Robert Quinn.

48 minutes ago, D82 said:

Wow! 23.2 mil per year?????  Ok, level headed Stephen needs to pull the plug here. Trade him for a 1st and 2nd maybe a 3rd or a future 2nd. Get what we can. 

Sign Ansah and trade for Quinn and take a small risk on McDowell.

Take what we get from the trade of DLaw and package it to move up as far as we can for a top DE. 

14 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Wow! 23.2 mil per year?????  Ok, level headed Stephen needs to pull the plug here. Trade him for a 1st and 2nd maybe a 3rd or a future 2nd. Get what we can. 

Sign Ansah and trade for Quinn and take a small risk on McDowell.

Take what we get from the trade of DLaw and package it to move up as far as we can for a top DE. 

If we trade for Quinn, sign Ansah and McDowell...I say we go all-in on Oliver.

• Like 1

Here's my issue with not paying D-Law. He's been the vocal leader on the defense for the past few years and have shown incredible toughness by playing through injuries. Last year when he was tagged, Lawrence immediately signed it and went out to prove that he should get a big contract. He's not only shown All Pro talent, but he was the driving force behind the defense's resurgence. 

The F.O. has to exhaust every avenue in trying to pay him. 

• Like 2

I think the only way I move him is if Indianapolis would give up 26 and 34. Then I would try to go up and get Oliver. If I can't do that, I'm probably looking at some combination of Noah Fant, Taylor Rapp, Clelin Ferrell, Christian Wilkins. But I wouldn't go less than that.

So what are your thoughts? Demarcus Lawrence or Ziggy Ansah, Christian Wilkins, and Taylor Rapp? Ansah and Oliver? I still think I'd rather have one superstar pass rusher in Lawrence than a couple of rookies, but it's close.

Im on the fence with paying him, not that he doesnt deserve it based on his recent performance, just based on available cap and who we still have left to sign.

Seeing that we dont know what is going on with RG, Taco has been disappointing we dont have any replacement.

Even trading for Robert Quinn and signing Ziggy, both injury prone players, may not even replace D-Law. 

How dumb does Dallas look if they don’t resign DLaw?

from Cowboys Nation....

NFC East Cap Space, Currently:

2019 — Cowboys $17,468,779* / Eagles $23,454,518 /  Redskins $12,544,347  / Giants $11,798,442

2020 — Cowboys $116,479,501 / Eagles $30,632,712 / Redskins $52,248,055  / Giants $85,875,333

*Does not include Robert Quinn trade.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Just pay him, we'll have an out in 3 years if it doesn't pan out.

Basically. Unless someone comes along and offers two 1sts (like Oakland) and gives us a chance at moving up to get Oliver. 

21 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

With KC having a big need and cap, would you take their 1st and 3rd?

That’s about as low as I’d go, maybe throw in a conditional 2020 and I’d be happy with that. 31 is basically a 2nd so I’d rather see 31 and their 2nd

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

That’s about as low as I’d go, maybe throw in a conditional 2020 and I’d be happy with that. 31 is basically a 2nd so I’d rather see 31 and their 2nd

Definitely on the lower end, not many teams with the need plus cap space to sign Tank long term.

Maybe 31st, their 3rd and next years 3rd as well.