Updated: Jaguars sign Nick Foles

.Buzz

6 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I don’t expect Yannick, Jack, or Ramsey to be paid until after this season because if they don’t make the playoffs. If the barely miss at 9-7 it may change things in favor of Marrone but if it looks a lot like last year it’s done. This team will look drastically different in 2020.

only guys i want back from that trio are ngakoue and Ramsey. Jack is replaceable tho i would like to see him at WLB cuz at MLB he doesnt seem to diagnose as well. 

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Our defense isn't going to be "mostly intact" after 2019 though.  And when it comes to the 2019 season, i may not be a bigtime Foles booster...but i have a lot more confidence in him giving us even enough play to let the surrounding cast carry us to the playoffs, than a rookie QB coming off 1 year of starting in an Urban Meyer offense.

Long-term, sure...no question, it's not even a fair comparison.  But this defense is going to get blowed the heck up in a year, or two at most.  It's pretty much unavoidable...in 2020-21, they're going to have to do some absolutely massive retooling to this defense as guys age/price themselves out.

i trust haskins to be better both long and short term.  dude balled out regardless of the scheme and hell id probably take kyler murray and his shortness over foles.  murray at worse can give us a better passing Lamar Jackson and at best gives us a more mobile wilson. 

defensively i agree and if we have to blow it apart we need to trade the real talent like ramsey and the such for picks and such to help the rebuild.  

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

This worries me more than most Titans fans. You guys likely beat us week 3 of last year with Foles instead of Blake.

That was a miserable game.

Foles will be better than Blake. They have to continue to surround Foles though. They still need a RB, TE, WR, RG, RT.

If they used the whole draft on offense I wouldn’t be surprised. They have to get more balanced.

25 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

That was a miserable game.

Foles will be better than Blake. They have to continue to surround Foles though. They still need a RB, TE, WR, RG, RT.

If they used the whole draft on offense I wouldn’t be surprised. They have to get more balanced.

A great o-line fixes a lot. Give Foles time and he’ll do damage. Defilippo should know how to use him

6 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

This team isn’t going to do anything else in free agency.

We still have decent cap space to work with, thanks to releasing Gip in addition to Malik.  What they actually do with it...who knows.

Last year they sat on cap space instead of actually fixing problems and shoring up depth.  Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same again.

44 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

We still have decent cap space to work with, thanks to releasing Gip in addition to Malik.  What they actually do with it...who knows.

Last year they sat on cap space instead of actually fixing problems and shoring up depth.  Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same again.

With the year we had and paying a pretty penny for an FA QB with basically no TE and little weapons on the roster...I'd be surprised.

I think Tate gets done and that's about it though FA wise besides depth pieces.

Archived