Jags to sign Nick Foles

vike daddy

The moment General Manager Howie Roseman announced the Eagles wouldn’t use the franchise tag on Nick Foles, the Jaguars became the favorites to land the quarterback in free agency. Alas, it appears Foles is headed to Jacksonville.

Les Bowen of philly.com reports a market for Foles “outside of Jacksonville has not developed” and the Jaguars “absolutely expect” to sign the former Super Bowl MVP when free agency opens March 13.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/03/report-jaguars-expected-to-sign-nick-foles/

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Honest to God I was afraid the Giants were gonna try for a surprise move and sign him. I'm glad he's out of the East.

Honest to god, he's not that good that him being in the East should have concerned you. 

8 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Honest to god, he's not that good that him being in the East should have concerned you. 

I mean he is better than Eli......

Bit really it’s not about being “scared” of him but we just don’t want our Super Bowl hero wearing a Giants or Redskins jersey. That is just wrong.....

29 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Les Bowen of philly.com reports a market for Foles “outside of Jacksonville has not developed” and the Jaguars “absolutely expect” to sign the former Super Bowl MVP when free agency opens March 13.

If true, that seems pretty weird, doesn't it? I mean...I can see the Giants wanting a rookie for Eli to mentor, but the Redskins didn't want Foles? Huh.

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Good for Nick. But I don't see this working out like the Jags hope.

I don't know. Don't you think he helps to immediately turn that team around?  I realize they're going to be forced to cut some guys, but there's still a lot of talent there. Plus, they get a starter without having to draft one. 

20 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know. Don't you think he helps to immediately turn that team around?  I realize they're going to be forced to cut some guys, but there's still a lot of talent there. Plus, they get a starter without having to draft one. 

They're missing the most important piece and that's Andy Reid or Doug Pederson. I don't have faith that Marrone/DeFilippo can put him in a position to succeed.

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

They're missing the most important piece and that's Andy Reid or Doug Pederson. I don't have faith that Marrone/DeFilippo can put him in a position to succeed.

In fairness defillipo has before, hasn't he?

36 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Don't you think he helps to immediately turn that team around?

With this run game, offensive line and receivers? Not a chance. He might be better than Rams Nick Foles, but not by much. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

In fairness defillipo has before, hasn't he?

One year as a QB coach when Pederson called plays? I wouldn't give that credit to DeFilippo. While a half-season and a year here and there isn't a big sample size, his track record doesn't look good atm.

Archived