2019 NFL Mock Draft, Two Rounds: Murray #1 Overall Pick

BayRaider

TRADES:

Cardinals trade Josh Rosen to the Giants for the Giants 2019 3rd Round Pick and 2020 4th Round Pick.

Free Agent Signings:

Cowboys sign DeMarcus Lawrence to huge contract and deserving so

Chiefs tag Dee Ford

Texans tag JaDaveon Clowney

LeVeon Bell signs with the Eagles

Tevin Coleman signs with the Jets

Earl Thomas signs with Cowboys

Landon Collins signs with Packers

Frank Clark, Haha Clinton-Dix, and CJ Mosley sign with Raiders

Za'Darius Smith signs with Ravens

Left quite a few Free Agents out but these were some of the main ones.

Draft:

First Round:

1. Arizona Cardinals

QB Kyler Murray - Oklahoma

Look guys... Kyler Murray is the PERFECT fit for Kingsburry's offense. Literally, the perfect fit. Perhaps even more of a fit than Patrick Mahomes was for him at Texas Tech and Mahomes was a monster (in no way saying Murray would hold a jockstrap to Mahomes). This is just a match made in heaven and I think the Cardinals pull the trigger here. I originally didn't think Murray would do all that well in the NFL but on the Cardinals I think he can set fire to the league in that system.

2. San Francisco 49ers

DE Nick Bosa - Ohio State

49ers are clapping and cheering when they hear Murray goes #1. Niners get the best player in this draft and keep building their defense back up to top form. Bosa is going to fantastic in this league. His durability does concern me and I wouldn't be surprised if he averages 12-13 games a season over his career (ends season early a few times). However, he a generational talent and difference maker.

*TRADE*

Jaguars send 2019 2nd Round Pick, 2019 4th Round Pick, and 2020 3rd Round Pick to the Jets to swap #3 and #7. This helps the Jets recover from their Darnold trade last year.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars

QB Dwayne Haskins - Ohio State

Jaguars have needed their QBOTF for a while and they NEED to pull the trigger here. If they end up signing Foles and neglect a QB in the 1st Round they are going to make the same mistake a Super Bowl contending Texans kept making. Your defense is elite, DRAFT YOUR FRANCHISE QB. Jags haven't had a solid QB since Mark Brunell who I thought was fantastic and awesome but that was a long long time ago. Haskins has some development to do but I think he's an instant upgrade over what they currently have.

4. Las Vegas Raiders

DT Quinnen Williams - Alabama

I think Quinnen Williams is the best player in this draft with Bosa, Bosa being 1a and Quinnen being 1b. Williams is unblockable one on one, something I haven't seen in the interior since Aaron Donald. I think he's a very different player than Donald don't get me wrong. A lot of differences in their game. Big Q can line up anywhere... 4-3 DT, 4-3 DE, 3-4 DT, 3-4 DE, I could literally see him play anything. I think he's best suited as a 4-3 DT playing 3 tech but he can easily be rotated all over the place and can also play 5 tech.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

DE Josh Allen - Kentucky

Bucs are shocked Allen has dropped to 5, this is similar to what happened in 2014 when Mack fell to the Raiders at 5 and tons of scouts had him as the best player. Bucs get an amazing talent in Allen who was one of the best edge rushers in college football and I'm sure Arians will like Allen is probably the most humble guy in this draft. No non-sense.

6. New York Giants

DT Ed Oliver - Houston

With the Eli/Rosen duo at QB, Giants can focus on other matters. I think Ed Oliver fits their defense perfectly and will continue the trend of great Giants defensive linemen.

7. New York Jets

OT Andre Dilliard - Washington State

Jets need to protect Sam Darnold and Dilliard has been my favorite tackle all off season. He's finally proving that at the combine and may rise the #1 tackle spot. Dilliard will be an All Pro LT imo and that's exactly what the Jets need.

8. Detroit Lions

EDGE Montez Sweat - Mississippi State

Even before the combine I have had Sweat going in the 8-12 range. He is a freak and think he could be the league's next great EDGE if he puts on some more weight to his frame. Lions need a pass rusher, even if they keep Ansah. I think Patricia will do a good job with Sweat and he should develop into a double digit sack guy in the NFL.

*TRADE*

Washington Redskins send 2019 2nd Round Pick, 2019 4th Round Pick, and 2020 4th Round Pick to the Bills to swap #9 and #15.

9. Washington Redskins

QB Drew Lock - Missouri

I think very highly of the Redskins, they were 6-3 last year for a reason. They have a solid squad and a QB away from being a playoff football team. If they can get a QB and a couple other pieces, I think they have the potential to be a top 2-3 se ed in the NFC. The Redskins are not gonna wanna throw away this season so I expect them to be aggressive for a QB in the draft. Lock will be the best QB Gruden has ever worked with, yes better than Cousins. It'll be fun to see what he can do with him.

10. Denver Broncos

DT - Dexter Lawrence - Clemson

I think Elway has had Drew Lock circled here all off season. He loves Lock and I think Lock would be an excellent fit for them. However, with Lock off the board, he goes back to the basics and keeps building back up the defense. Lawrence IMO is one of the best players in this draft easily and highly underrated.

11. Cincinnati Bengals

OT - Jawaan Taylor - Florida

A lot of people seem to mock Devin White here on a regular basis but I think the Bengals will address Offensive Line and see what they can get out of Andy Dalton who will be on the hot seat this season. Jaawan Taylor might even be their BPA as well. He should give them an instant upgrade to their OL.

12. Green Bay Packers

DE Jachai Polite - Florida

Florida prospects come off the board back to back as Packers select Polite. Packers need a pass rusher and I think Polite fits their defense better than majority of the 1st Round Pass Rushers. Polite also looked solid at the combine with crazyyy measurables and theres been rumors the Packers really like him.

13. Miami Dolphins

WR - DK Metcalf - Ole Miss

I think the Dolphins are tearing down the house, at least offensively. They will go BPA here. Metcalf is the remaining prospect on their big board so they select him and make him the top receiver taken in the 2019 NFL Draft. Metcalf is thought of as an absolute freak. He does have some boom or bust potential, however, with limited college production. Could be Randy Moss who's better in traffic. Could be David Boston... we really won't know until we see him in action. Personally very excited to see what he can do, although I wouldn't personally draft him myself.

14. Atlanta Falcons

DE Brian Burns - Florida State

I think all the edge rushers are coming off early in the 1st Round. It's a really good pass rushing class and a lot of teams need some pass rushing help. Falcons are one of those teams. Honestly, Burns is my favorite edge rushing prospect after Bosa. If he could add some weight to his frame, he could be one of the best pass rushing 4-3 DE's in the entire league. This guy led college football in pressures for a reason...he's good. He has speed, multiple moves, and technique. Not to mention underrated power. Burns will be an All-Pro.

15. Buffalo Bills

OT Jonah Williams - Alabama

Bills get a guy they were considering at 9 anyways in Jonah. Jonah isn't the sexiest prospect in the draft and some project him as a guard, but I think he'll be a solid LT in the NFL. Bills needs to protect their investment in Josh Allen and their tackles were awful last season.

16. Carolina Panthers

DE Rashan Gary - Michigan

Gary has been projected a top 5 pick by a lot of people. However, I don't see it that way. He might be a freak athlete but his tape doesn't scream top 5 pick. I think General Managers will be cautious come draft day and Gary will slide a bit. I wouldn't even be surprised if he went in the 20's. However, I think Carolina is a good fit for him and Ron Rivera would pull the trigger here.

17. Cleveland Browns

ILB Devin White - LSU

Regarded as one of the best prospects of this draft, the Browns keep building their defense of the future. On their three levels of defense they now have Myles Garrett, Devin White, and Denzel Ward. Yikes. White isn't super polished but he's a freak with the ability and potential to be Patrick Willis v2.0. Great value here for the Browns.

18. Minnesota Vikings

DE Clelin Ferrell - Clemson

Ferrell is by far one of my favorite prospects in this draft and I'd be surprised if he fell this far, just happened to work out this way. Vikings need O Line but the Top 3 OT's are gone and Ferrell is exceptional value here. Vikings draft Ferrell and cut Everson Griffith to save 10M in cap space. Ferrell is not someone who will be a superstar at the next level but he's someone who will be an elite run defender and get you 6-10 sacks a year as a 4-3 DE.

19. Tennessee Titans

OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College

Titans desperately need to fix their offensive line as Mariota was one of the most sacked quarterbacks in the league last year. Titans have serious guard issues and elect to take the OL on top of their big board here. Boston College was one of the top overall lines in the country last year and Lindstrom was their best linemen.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

CB Greedy Williams - LSU

Steelers could go many directions here but I think they will like they have their option of the first corner in the draft. Greedy is my top rated corner but I'm not sure that'll be the case for Pittsburgh. Byron Murphy could also be in play here.

21. Seattle Seahawks

OT/OG - Cody Ford - Oklahoma

Cody Ford is an excellent linemen who better projects as a guard in the NFL but is capable of playing tackle. Seahawks have been having OL issues since 2015, some years worse than others, but they need to keep Russell protected. Ford would be a great investment for them.

22. Baltimore Ravens

WR A.J. Brown - Ole Miss

This was a hard pick for me to decide, I'm almost positive they will go offense to help Lamar Jackson. But they could go Running Back also. Josh Jacobs is better value here, but the Ravens literally don't have any WRs worth throwing the ball to. Brown is a solid well-rounded WR and Ravens pull the trigger here and draft him.

23. Houston Texans

TE T.J. Hockenson - Iowa

Texans have major OL issues but Hockenson is on top of their big board with this pick. Texans have needed a TE for years and Hockenson is one of the best TE prospects to enter the draft in years. And 23 is insane value and just too good for them to pass up.

24. Las Vegas Raiders

RB Joshua Jacobs - Alabama

Not a huge fan of Jacobs myself, but with all the edge rushers off the board Jacobs might be Mayock and Grudens highest rated prospect. They've needed a three down running back for a long time and this would certainly make their offense a lot better and more versatile. Jacobs is a violent runner who also excels in the passing game. He is your modern NFL Running Back.

25. Philadelphia Eagles

CB - Byron Murphy - Washington

Not a surprise here, Eagles biggest need is corner. One of the worst CB corps in the league but if they can fix that hole, this team might be a contender yet again. That defense is still really really good if they can just fix a couple holes. NFC East will be a fun show down next year.

26. Indianapolis Colts

DT - DreMont Jones - Ohio State

Colts could go many directions with this pick but interior rusher is one of their needs and DreMont Jones is one of the most underrated prospects in this draft in my opinion. He'll give the Colts another defensive piece to keep building up a roster that is actually looking quite good. Frank Reich has done an excellent job so far.

27. Las Vegas Raiders

OLB Devin Bush - Michigan

Raiders have needed a LB for ages but McKenzie hated drafting LBs high. This issue needs to be addressed and it's very possible Bush is the Raiders BPA here anyways. I'm not concerned about Bush's size at all and think he is gonna be an excellent off-ball lineback. He's going to be a stud 4-3 weakside backer. His motor just never ever stops.

28. Los Angeles Chargers

OT Greg Little - Ole Miss

Like other teams, Chargers can go in many directions here but I like the fit with Little. They need a premier pass protector to help protect Rivers who still looks like a Top 5 QB in this league. Rivers with time is deadly.

29. Kansas City Chiefs

CB DeAndre Baker - Georgia

That Chief secondary last year was hideous... I think the Chiefs will be thrilled with DeAndre Baker still on the board. Not much needs to be said here.

30. Green Bay Packers

TE Noah Fant - Iowa

Packers addressed defense with the 1st pick and in free agency, now they give Rodgers a weapon. Fant is a freak. He's not as good of a blocker or route runner as Hockenson, but he's bigger and faster. He'll be a big body Rodgers can throw to. I tend to question most Packer draft picks, they are a hard team to get right, but we'll just have to see come draft day.

31. Los Angeles Rams

S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida

My favorite safety prospect of the draft. He can be an amazing free safety and amazing nickel back. Rams definitely need to upgrade at safety and this would be a good pick. Gardner has been widely considered a 2nd Rounder but he climbs draft boards on the daily. Fully expect him to be a Late 1st or first few picks of the second round.

32. New England Patriots

DT Christian Wilkins - Clemson

Amazing value this late for the Patriots and he just screams Patriot to me. Wilkins was a beast for Clemson piling up 14 tackles for loss and 5 sacks. He could be inserted anywhere on Bellichicks Defensive Line.

Second Round Top Five:

33. Arizona Cardinals

OT Yodney Cajuste - West Virgina

Cardinals need to protect their investment after drafting Murray with the first overall pick. The Cardinals Offensive Line was horrible and Cajuste is climbing draft boards.

34. Indianapolis Colts

WR Hakeem Butler - Iowa State

Hakeem Butler is rising up draft boards at a rapid pace at the combine. The guys wing span and catch radius is insane... and his speed for his size doesn't make sense. Butler could be an All-Pro target for Andrew Luck. Although it certainly could be labeled a boom or bust pick.

35. Las Vegas Raiders

WR Kelvin Harmon - N.C. State

Raiders need a WR in a bad way. After not getting one in the 1st Round the Raiders settle for one in the second round. The second round is crazy value for WR's this year. Expect a lot of them to go in this round. I like Harmon or Ridley here but I'll go with Harmon. He's one of my favorite WR prospects, just catches everything and is a dog.

36. San Francisco 49ers

WR Riley Ridley - Georgia

The run on WR's has started... Riley has first round talent but was under utilized in Georgia. Expect Kyle Shanahan to turn him into an amazing player in his offense.

37. New York Giants

OLB Mack Wilson - Alabama

Mack Wilson is great value here for the Giants as they keep building their defense. This was probably their BPA as Mack Wilson is probably the only player left with a first round grade.

Rest of Second Round:

38. New York Jets (from Jacksonville) - WR Parris Campbell - Ohio State
39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - S Deionte Thompson - Alabama
40. Buffalo Bills - WR Hollywood Brown - Oklahoma
41. Denver Broncos - QB Daniel Jones - Duke
42. Cincinnati Bengals - C Garrett Bradbury - N.C. State
43. Detroit Lions - DE Jaylon Ferguson - Louisiana Tech
44. Green Bay Packers - OT/OG Dalton Risner - Kansas State
45. Atlanta Falcons - OG Elgton Jenkins - Mississippi State
46. Buffalo Bills(from Washington) - OT David Edwards - Wisconsin
47. Carolina Panthers - S Jonathan Abram - Mississippi State
48. Miami Dolphins - QB Will Grier - West Virginia
49. Cleveland Browns - DT Jerry Tillery - Notre Dame
50. Minnesota Vikings - OG Erik McCoy - Texas A&M
51. Tennessee Titans - WR N'Keal Harry - Arizona State
52. Pittsburgh Steelers - DE Zach Allen - Boston College
53. Philadelphia Eagles - DT Jeffery Simmons - Mississippi State
54. Houston Texans - OT Tytus Howard - Alabama State
55. Houston Texans - S Taylor Rapp - Washington
56. New England Patriots - TE Irv Smith Jr. - Alabama
57. Philadelphia Eagles - WR Deebo Samuel - South Carolina
58. Dallas Cowboys - OLB D'Andre Walker - Georgia
59. Indianapolis Colts - CB Trayvon Mullen - Clemson
60. Los Angeles Chargers - CB Julian Love - Notre Dame
61. Kansas City Chiefs - S Nasir Adderley - Deleware
62. New Orleans Saints - DT Khalen Saunders - Western Illinois
63. Kansas City Chiefs - ILB Te'Von Coney - Notre Dame
64. New England Patriots - DE/OLB Chase Winovich - Michigan

Thanks for reading.

Terrible for the Broncos, but I expect that from a "homeless" Raiders fan....

10. LB Devin White. - Just ran a 4.42 40 and will be perfect in a Fangio defense.

41. OT/OG Dalton Risner - Would solidify the RT position, provide versatility and he has strong Colorado ties. 

I don't dislike Burns at 14 although he wouldn't be my 1st choice there by a long shot.  I would much rather have Chrstian Wilkins at DT  or Ferrell at DE.   Jenkins in the 2nd round is fine i like him as a OG in our system and he is good value there.

Although if we don't take a DT in round 1 i would prefer to take Simmons there in round 2 based on upside and need alone.

Maybe something like this i'll give 3 options

1st - Wilkins
2nd - Jenkins
3rd - Ximines or Jackson

1st - Ferrell
2nd - Simmons
3rd - Mcgovern

1st - Wilkins
2nd - Simmons
3rd - Mcgovern

last one

1st - Jonah or Ford
2nd - Simmons
3rd - Mcgovern, Ximines, or Jackson

Like the trade back and landind Jonah at 15. Though I don't see him taking over for Dawkins (who wasn't terrible) at LT. Not a huge fan of Brown but I could get on board but would rather Risner so he and Jonah could solidify the right side and then grab Harry or Samuel with the second 2nd round pick.

I cannot imagine Seattle letting Clark walk with the cap room they have. I also think their OLINE is the last target in earlier rounds, given it vastly improved in 2018-19. Seattle gave up the 2nd most rush yards per carry (or 3rd, pretty sure it's 2nd) in the league... and received little if any support on the offensive side from the TE position. They'll go D-LINE/TE almost 100%.

Archived