2019 NFL Mock Draft, Two Rounds: Murray #1 Overall Pick

BayRaider

8 hours ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

This mock is jacked from the get-go because of:

1. Washington is all in trying to get Rosen because they have no QB and NYG have Lauletta

2. Le'Veon is about to sign with Baltimore now that Collins was arrested.

3. JAX is signing Nick Foles as soon as FA opens so Haskins is out. 

4. Chiefs are not tagging Ford. They are letting him test FA which was reported last night. 

This mock came out before any of those reports happened. Even before Murray as #1. 

The idea of a second year 1st round quarterback who played in a porous offense being dealt a year after for a third a fourth feels like selling short an a valuable commodity. If the Cardinals don't think that Rosen is the right guy for Kingsburry's offense, then I get trying to move him but he's far more valuable than that. He is on a cheap contract for the next 3 years with another year that can be tacked on if the team chooses to do so and possesses a lot of potential. Jared Goff took off in his second year following a tumultuous first season. There are other examples of progression of quarterbacks from year one to year two, but he was just the latest and probably very relevant considering all the damage to his outlook that first year did. I would be very surprised to see him go for the price you've proposed and if that was the asking price, I expect a lot of other teams with aging quarterbacks to be in on the bidding. Besides, the Giants don't have a third round pick this year. 

On 03/03/2019 at 10:06 PM, Cutler06 said:

10. LB Devin White. - Just ran a 4.42 40 and will be perfect in a Fangio defense.

41. OT/OG Dalton Risner - Would solidify the RT position, provide versatility and he has strong Colorado ties. 

That would be perfect with Lock gone (I wouldn’t take Lock over White, but if both are there I think Elway Will take the QB).

than take a CB in the 3rd and a TE (I like Kahele Warring, but he may go earlier) and a QB (I would say Stidham or Jackson, I could even see they making Stidham a day 2 pick)

Not good for the Steelers.  like the CB in the 1st but not Williams.  Just becasue he runs a fast 40 does not make him a good CB.  I like Murphy or Baker over Williams.

Zach Allen is not needed for the Steelers.  Another 5 tech DL when they have Heyward and Tuitt under big contracts.  Deebo Samuels, Irv Smith Jr. or Nasir Adderley make sense.  I would go Samuels

3 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

That would be perfect with Lock gone (I wouldn’t take Lock over White, but if both are there I think Elway Will take the QB).

than take a CB in the 3rd and a TE (I like Kahele Warring, but he may go earlier) and a QB (I would say Stidham or Jackson, I could even see they making Stidham a day 2 pick)

Agree, Elway and his QB man-crushes scare me but if he's available, White is the absolute best pick for us. 

As for TE's, I'm liking Foster Moreau, guy was killing it at the Senior Bowl. He's got height and good speed, looked great in the red-zone too.  As for Stidham, he's my guy too but not before Day 3, remember he'll really only be groomed as the backup to the 2020 or 2021 QB we draft.  

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Agree, Elway and his QB man-crushes scare me but if he's available, White is the absolute best pick for us. 

As for TE's, I'm liking Foster Moreau, guy was killing it at the Senior Bowl. He's got height and good speed, looked great in the red-zone too.  As for Stidham, he's my guy too but not before Day 3, remember he'll really only be groomed as the backup to the 2020 or 2021 QB we draft.  

I agree too, but I’m afraid they pull the trigger around earlier. That’s why I like Jackson...I could see him being a fit for Scangarello’s scheme and I’m sure he will be there at our 4th round pick. That said, I’ve heard more than once that Stidham has Scang’s heart and could be the guy for Denver on day 2.

I like most of the TEs in this draft, but I really want one in the first 3 rounds and a guy that could have an impact quickly (Noah Fant, T.J. Hockenson, Irv Smith Jr., Jace Sternberger, Kahele Warring and Kaden Smith are those guys to me, maybe Moreau and Josh Oliver could surprise me)

13 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I agree too, but I’m afraid they pull the trigger around earlier. That’s why I like Jackson...I could see him being a fit for Scangarello’s scheme and I’m sure he will be there at our 4th round pick. That said, I’ve heard more than once that Stidham has Scang’s heart and could be the guy for Denver on day 2.

I like most of the TEs in this draft, but I really want one in the first 3 rounds and a guy that could have an impact quickly (Noah Fant, T.J. Hockenson, Irv Smith Jr., Jace Sternberger, Kahele Warring and Kaden Smith are those guys to me, maybe Moreau and Josh Oliver could surprise me)

Jackson definitely has the size Elway looks for, I wouldn't be disappointed in drafting him in the 4th. TE has always seemed like a problem since Sharpe retired so again I could see drafting one 2nd Day, especially seeing how well Flacco utilizes them. 

Archived