bosa vs Allen

Pandomonium

Bosa vs Allen  

24 members have voted

1. 1. who would you like the Niners to take at #2

• Nick Bosa
    • Josh Allen

IMO this is pretty easily going to go to Bosa.

I think the more interesting question is who to choose between Williams and Allen if Bosa goes number one?  Assuming we can't trade back of course.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I like Allen over Bosa for the simple fact of Allen's versatility over Bosa

Allen can drop as well as play with his hand down or standing up whereas Bosa is sort of a one trick pony (he's damn good at that one trick) but sort of one-dimensional 

1 hour ago, Pandomonium said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I like Allen over Bosa for the simple fact of Allen's versatility over Bosa

Allen can drop as well as play with his hand down or standing up whereas Bosa is sort of a one trick pony (he's damn good at that one trick) but sort of one-dimensional 

We need the best pass rusher we can get, it's the most dire need we have, so let's get the guy we can utilize in a way where he's not rushing the passer? 

I have no problem with people choosing Allen on the basis that they think he will be the better pass rusher of the two, but this reasoning is kind of a logic fail to me. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

We need the best pass rusher we can get, it's the most dire need we have, so let's get the guy we can utilize in a way where he's not rushing the passer? 

I have no problem with people choosing Allen on the basis that they think he will be the better pass rusher of the two, but this reasoning is kind of a logic fail to me. 

It's definitely on the playing it safe mode.. as in Allen may bust at LEO, but he's still not a wasted pick cuz then we try him at SAM! I don't really trust or love Allen for either spot at #2 overall, really, but I've been plenty wrong before on prospects. 

For me, I'm great with the idea to use #2 towards an OBJ3 acquisition.. great with Bosa.. or good with Ferrell. I may even talk myself into Burns, after he checked more boxes. Otherwise, meh.. hope for the best.

Some things can change from now to April... like with what bases we cover in FA. 

Well guys I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

If we take bosa I hope he becomes the next Reggie White/JJ Watt/Bruce Smith/Kahlil Mack.
but honestly, Something just does not sit right in my gut about him...mind you, nothing i can pinpoint or prove but I just don't think he will be that good

I just really like Josh Allen better. 

*shrugs*

7 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Id love to see a tandem of Josh Allen and Fred Warner the speed at LB we would have :o

Wait, now we are drafting Allen to play an LB role at #2? Allen isn't even that fast compared to actual linebackers...Want speed, we should be drafting White. 

What in the world is going on in this thread? 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wait, now we are drafting Allen to play an LB role at #2? Allen isn't even that fast compared to actual linebackers...Want speed, we should be drafting White. 

What in the world is going on in this thread? 

I think  Dubs is pointing out the verstility of Allen. I don't think he is saying that he the fastest LB or anything 
I think ins certain situations, Allen CAN play SAM or he can play with his hand in the dirt.

28 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

ok so let me ask the uncomfortable question:

what if bosa goes #1?

is allen your guy or do you go with williams ?

I’m taking Allen every time, QW showed out for sure and is a hell of a player but I’ll take Allen and wouldn’t look back. With that being said, wouldn’t raise an eye brow at all if we went QW next to DeFo in thinking that would be more devastating, I for one would tune in if I wasn’t a Niner fan to watch that duo.

Im still holding on to a little dream of mine that lands us QW at 2 and Winovich in the 2nd at SAM/edge opposite say JPP? That kind of talk gives me goosebumps. I almost want to say it again but slower...maybe sprinkle a little Harmon/Ridley in the 3rd and top it off with Cashman, Nauta and Baity in the 4th and 6th....Im done...was it good for you?

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’m taking Allen every time, QW showed out for sure and is a hell of a player but I’ll take Allen and wouldn’t look back. With that being said, wouldn’t raise an eye brow at all if we went QW next to DeFo in thinking that would be more devastating, I for one would tune in if I wasn’t a Niner fan to watch that duo. 

but what about a presence on the edge? 

while we would probably have a DT tandem to rival Donald/Suh  would be be able to adequately provide pressure off the edge? Outside of Dante Fowler, I don't really like any of the free agent edge players

Archived