bosa vs Allen

Pandomonium

Bosa vs Allen  

24 members have voted

1. 1. who would you like the Niners to take at #2

• Nick Bosa
    • Josh Allen

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

You're right. I totally forgot about Kilgore. I still think it's quite a bit different if a scenario. They couldn't all but guarantee Richburg would come in. They can basically do that with Williams. But you're right - there is precedent. 

Agreed, different scenario and a lot less investment into either of those players but still has happened. We shall see what happens, I do want to state again, I want Bosa or Allen more than I want QW, but I for one would not be upset by the pick. I'm assuming we will have already acquired two edge players through FA and/or trade and will invest a mid round pick into another one.

35 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Agreed, different scenario and a lot less investment into either of those players but still has happened. We shall see what happens, I do want to state again, I want Bosa or Allen more than I want QW, but I for one would not be upset by the pick. I'm assuming we will have already acquired two edge players through FA and/or trade and will invest a mid round pick into another one.

Absolutely how I feel. He's too good to be upset by it to be honest

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Think of the DL depth we'd be rolling into games with say E. Griffen acquired for a 6th, Barrett signed in FA to play SAM and Winovich in the 2nd after QW drafted in the 1st. At EDGE we have Griffen, Barrett, Winovich, Marsh and Blair and along the IDL we have Buckner, Williams, Armstead, Thomas, Jones and maybe Day or Taylor? That's insane talent and depth with both experience and youth/potential. I almost wouldn't even care if we didn't address CB or LB at that point as I think both spots jobs would be made so much easier that some JAG could perform admirably. As long as we locked down the FS spot with ET or HHCD I'm thrilled with that improvement for our defense. 

9 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Think of the DL depth we'd be rolling into games with say E. Griffen acquired for a 6th, Barrett signed in FA to play SAM and Winovich in the 2nd after QW drafted in the 1st. At EDGE we have Griffen, Barrett, Winovich, Marsh and Blair and along the IDL we have Buckner, Williams, Armstead, Thomas, Jones and maybe Day or Taylor? That's insane talent and depth with both experience and youth/potential. I almost wouldn't even care if we didn't address CB or LB at that point as I think both spots jobs would be made so much easier that some JAG could perform admirably. As long as we locked down the FS spot with ET or HHCD I'm thrilled with that improvement for our defense. 

I watched winovich on Sunday so I know he tested well, I still think he is too stiff.

7 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I watched winovich on Sunday so I know he tested well, I still think he is too stiff.

He's definitely not as bendy as some prospects but with those athletic abilities matched with that motor and demeanor I see plenty of production in his future with some NFL coaching and added strength. He's one of my early draft crushes along with Adderley, Harmon and randomly Benny Snell haha.

11 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

He's definitely not as bendy as some prospects but with those athletic abilities matched with that motor and demeanor I see plenty of production in his future with some NFL coaching and added strength. He's one of my early draft crushes along with Adderley, Harmon and randomly Benny Snell haha.

I like Benny Snell too, I dont know how well he'd fit for us but i like him.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

For me, it would be like drafting Mike McGlinchey again. I would be disappointed immediately after the selection, but then hope it works out for the best.

Late to the party, but I'm in the QW camp even over Bosa/Allen. 1) I think he's just going to be that good, would you rather get the second coming of Aaron Donald or Joey Bosa (examples debateable i know) even though we're already heavily invested in IDL? and 2) I hope he proves me wrong, but I see Solly as a bust. would the Solly supporters still support him if he were a 2-3rd round pick vs a 3rd overall pick? His development would still the same irregardless of where he was drafted. 

Archived