Draft Stock - Who's up/Who's down

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Stock up:

David Long. Ok his tape isn't perfect but he is ultra athletic, was apparently great in interviews and fluid in position drills. Top 50 player for me.

Long was put in a bad spot in college. He received little to no help and had to play press man all of his career. Still looked pretty solid. I don't have him in my top 50, but he's going to stick in this league.

Miles Sanders. He put himself in the conversation as the top RB imo.

Naw. Sanders is a rotational back at best for me.

Harry. Speed was the concern but he was fine.

I never thought he was slow. He just faces up on DB's instead of running past them. He could run away from most DB's, but he's more comfortable going over the top. He's a beast.

Fant, Sweat.

Both of these times were surprising. We all knew they were fast, but not THAT kind of fast. Especially Fant--didn't know he had that kind of juice.

Devin Bush. Thinking more top 20 right now after 30-45 before the combine

Maybe. His tape is absolutely awesome and he posted some freaky athletic times. I love his overall game.

down:

Polite.

Joejuan Williams.

Nauta

Yeah these 3 guys really screwed themselves. Nauta and Williams are trucks, but I guess that's not really their fault. Polite, on the other hand, really screwed himself. What an idiot. I still think all 3 of these guys end up being decent pros, but the combine really hurt them.

Up> Foster Moreau, TE, LSU

A guy that was expected to be in the 4.8 range and known principally as a blocker showed some nice athleticism. He'll be a bit raw as a receiver but I'd put him in the rounds 3-4 range where he was probably in the 5-6 pre-combine.

Dre'Mont Jones came in as an undersized defensive tackle who gets washed out in the run game and left the combine testing really poorly athletically too. Isaiah Buggs tested horrendously, like the 0th percentile, no idea what you do with either of those guys now. 

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Dre'Mont Jones came in as an undersized defensive tackle who gets washed out in the run game and left the combine testing really poorly athletically too. Isaiah Buggs tested horrendously, like the 0th percentile, no idea what you do with either of those guys now. 

Don't think round 2 happens anymore. Maybe day 3 even now.

Stock up:

QB - Haskins

RB - Miles Sanders, Mike Weber, Alex Barnes, Travis Homer

WR - Miles Boykin, Parris Campbell, Terry McLaurin, Emannuel Hall, Darius Slayton, Ashton Dulin, Olabisi Johnson, Mecole?

TE - Kahale Warring, Noah Fant

OT - Andre Dillard, Kaleb McGary, Trey Pipkins

OG - Chris Lindstrom, Phil Haynes, Ryan Bates

C - Garrett Bradbury, Erik McCoy

Edge - Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, Chase Winovich, Maxx Crosby, Ben Banogu, Justin Hollins, Porter Gustin

DT - Trysten Hill, Dexter Lawrence, Khalen Saunders, Jerry Tillery, Renell Wren

DL Tweener - John Cominsky, Rashan Gary

LB - Gary Johnson, Ben Burr-Kirven, Drue Tranquill, Devin White, Devin Bush

CB - David Long, Corey Ballentine, Jamel Dean, Kris Boyd, Isaiah Johnson, Amani Oruwariye, Sean Bunting, Marvell Tell ( I know he's a S), Ken Webster

S - Johnathan Abram, Ugo Amadi, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Will Harris, Juan Thornhill, Amani Hooker, Taylor Rapp, Darnell Savage, Zedrick Woods

What a year to need a S. Between this rookie class and the FA class, you have a lot of options.

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah these 3 guys really screwed themselves. Nauta and Williams are trucks, but I guess that's not really their fault. Polite, on the other hand, really screwed himself. What an idiot. I still think all 3 of these guys end up being decent pros, but the combine really hurt them.

Not so sure about Williams. Ran slower than expected but was one of the best in on field drills and won the weigh in. If he runs better for teams later his stock will easily bungee back. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Ya think? I think the way he measured will hurt him a little bit. 

Also, Elgton Jenkins and Blake Cashman should be on that list.

Arms are an inch shorter than you'd like, but he had a good field workout and tested well.

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Arms are an inch shorter than you'd like, but he had a good field workout and tested well.

True. 32 7/8 is a terrible arm length for him to measure at. It’s beyond the threshold for NFL tackles which will take him off some teams boards. That measurement would be fine if he fit the build of a guard, but being as tall as he is, and actually playing as tall as he does, that transition is unlikely. 

Not saying some team won’t take a chance on him - it only takes one. But Before the combine there were rumblings of first round buzz (Daniel Jeremiah). Now I wouldn’t be surprised if that sole measurement affected his draft stock enough to push him to the third. 

17 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

True. 32 7/8 is a terrible arm length for him to measure at. It’s beyond the threshold for NFL tackles which will take him off some teams boards. That measurement would be fine if he fit the build of a guard, but being as tall as he is, and actually playing as tall as he does, that transition is unlikely. 

Not saying some team won’t take a chance on him - it only takes one. But Before the combine there were rumblings of first round buzz (Daniel Jeremiah). Now I wouldn’t be surprised if that sole measurement affected his draft stock enough to push him to the third. 

His arms are about the same length as Joe Thomas, actually a little longer. Same size as Donald Penn's basically. He can still be a good OT, but he'll need to refine his technique to make up for lack of length. Most good OT's are at least 33 1/2" it seems, but there will always be outliers. I kind of want them to re-measure his arms since the difference between his combine and senior bowl measurements is pretty drastic (32 7/8" vs 33 5/8" at SB). Maybe they are 33 1/4" next time they measure...

It's funny to think if he would have just missed the weigh in and only done the testing, we'd be talking about him as a potential late 1st.

I know Greg Little did not time out that well but honestly who thought he would run some 4.9 40 time?  I never thought that.  Who thought he was going to bench 225 30 times?  The guy is very good in pass pro and last time I checked pass protection is how well you back up not move forward.  Being a fine athlete is great and helps a ton but is not everything especially for offensive linemen.  Risner did not run a great 40, so what.  None of the Wisconsin linemen ran a great 40, and....

With Little I would love to know how many sacks did he actually gave up in his career.  And to say he did not face top level competition, he only played and started in the SEC for three years in a row on an offense that passed the ball constantly.  If he falls in the draft someone will be getting a steal and a very good pass protector.  

On 3/3/2019 at 9:21 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Dre’Mont Jones is going to collect dust on Kiper’s “Best Available” list.

Kiper is a moron. He might as well put on big floppy shoes and a little round red ball for a nose.

Archived