From Mark to Josh?

Vikes_Bolts1228

I was reading around other Vikings forums a bit ago and something interesting popped up.

It's sounding like the Cards are taking Kyler Murray at #1 (if it's not a smoke screen to get teams to pay for the pick) so that means Josh Rosen could be available for trade.

Do you have interest in Rosen if the price is right? What would you pay for him?

I thought he was going to be the best QB from last year’s class, so yes I would ok with the Vikings trying to acquire him.

I would probably give up a 2nd and a future conditional pick.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

I thought Rosen was the best thrower in the draft last year, and he was my #2 quarterback. I thought the Cardinals got a steal, and personally, think they’d be very foolish to give up on him. 

But if I could add one of the better QB prospects of the past 5 years for a mid 2nd or less, let him sit and develop for 2 years, and get him for 3 years on a cheap contract, you’d be foolish not to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d easily give up our 2nd for him. 

If the Cardinals decide to use the first pick in the 2019 NFL Draft on Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray, then they clearly have a surplus first-round quarterback on their hands. But if they decide to move 2018 first-rounder Josh Rosen, they probably won’t recoup anything resembling value for him.

Via Peter King of NBC’s Football Morning in America, the sense was that Arizona might not be floored by the offers for last year’s 10th overall pick.

“Probably a three,” one General Manager told King. “Not what the Cardinals would think his value is.”

Kurt Warner, who lives in Arizona and saw Rosen play last year, also said a third-round pick would be what he’d give for the former UCLA quarterback.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/04/cardinals-might-not-get-much-back-if-they-trade-josh-rosen/

Heck yes, the heaviest amount of his contract has been paid to him and the Vikings would be off the hook. I’d have him rated higher than any QB in this class personally. 

Now the issue is what I would give up. I mean, in reality, I would give up our 2nd for him in a heartbeat. But with 2 years left on kirks contract I would really have to see how the draft plays out. 

But looking to the future, having a guy like Rosen on the bench working to develop, with the 5th year option for just a mid 2nd round pick? It’s a steal. He would still have 2 years left on his rookie deal for us to play with by the time we have to decide if he is our starting QB or not.

NFL Analysts: “Josh Rosen couldn’t get it done in Arizona, and ad cry bad year. If the team is willing to give up on him after one year, it doesn’t say anything good about Josh Rosen. I’m not sure I’d even give up a mid round pick for him.”

*New England trades a 3rd round pick for Josh Rosen*

NFL Analysts: “The Patriots out smart everyone once again! Getting a top young quarterback to groom behind Brady for a late 3rd is an absolute steal for New England.”

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

NFL Analysts: “Josh Rosen couldn’t get it done in Arizona, and ad cry bad year. If the team is willing to give up on him after one year, it doesn’t say anything good about Josh Rosen. I’m not sure I’d even give up a mid round pick for him.”

*New England trades a 3rd round pick for Josh Rosen*

NFL Analysts: “The Patriots out smart everyone once again! Getting a top young quarterback to groom behind Brady for a late 3rd is an absolute steal for New England.”

That sounds about right.  Remember that Ryan Mallett guy and how he was such a steal in the Patriots taking him in the 3rd round? 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Ryan Mallett was draft right around where most expected him to get drafted. 

I recall people expecting him to go late 1st into the middle 2nd...but, either way, it doesn't dispute the point that many considered him a steal for the Patriots.  

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I know you're not saying this but if the Cardinals hired anyone other than KK this talk wouldn't even be happening.

Keim should've hired a coach who was willing to work with Rosen IMO. However, I applaud KK wanting to get his guy for better or for worse if Murray is truly the #1.

If Murray is the pick I think the Cardinals owner Bill Bidwell would do well to give both Keim and KK matching 4-year contracts.