Sign in to follow this  
Vikes_Bolts1228

From Mark to Josh?

On 3/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, TENINCH said:

Rosen is good but I'm saving those picks to move up and grab Trevor Lawrence.

Perhaps we could work out a player for player trade?  Not sure who I would trade them though.

43 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Who is Mark?

i was wondering that too....

Mark Rosen. Local sports reporter who just retired after a 30+(?) Year career.

7 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Mark Rosen. Local sports reporter who just retired after a 30+(?) Year career.

Fifty years actually.  They were just celebrating his 50 years in the business.  He's a good guy.

If the price is legitimately a 3rd than I hope the FO pulls the trigger.  Wasn't a huge fan of Rosen last year, but his potential is well above a 3rd 

The other thing is that the team gets a full season or two to evaluate Rosen before deciding what to do with Cousins or in the draft in a couple of years. That costs them a third and solves the backup QB question for 2 years. Everyone knows that Rosen has the physical tools to be a good to excellent QB in the NFL. The Vikings would have a 2 year window to see if the other parts of his game are there. 

I’ve made it known that my view is, that until the QB salary structure is reigned in, teams should go the Jared Goff and Carson Wentz route. Draft QBs every couple of years to always have that cheap rookie contract ready to go. Let someone else overpay for mediocre QBs. Build your team everywhere else. 

reading up on the guy, he sort of fits the Viking mold of players, character and accomplishment wise.

20 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Who is Mark?

19 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i was wondering that too....

Glad I wasn't the only one (though it only took me a couple of minutes to figure it out...)

4 hours ago, Klomp said:

(though it only took me a couple of minutes to figure it out...)

i still haven't....

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2019 at 3:52 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Fifty years actually.  They were just celebrating his 50 years in the business.  He's a good guy.

It's funny that my mom could not stand him when I was growing up.  She would turn the station every time he came on.  

Unfortunately, yes, most people outside the Minnesota TV market would have no idea who he was...I haven't lived in the market myself for nearly 20 years, but he was on TV when I grew up and I still listen to him on occasion when I catch him on KFAN.  Too bad Sam Rosen isn't from Minnesota.  :D

Edited by swede700