From Mark to Josh?

Vikes_Bolts1228

55 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Maybe the entire Murray thing was to try and get someone to get the #1 pick from them....

And if it was, I imagine Steve Keim and his arrogant self is just sitting back in his chair heartily laughing.  :D

It seems like the Cardinals lost a lot of leverage with the Giants and Redskins both selecting QBs last night. I would assume that this would drop the price for Rosen..... could it get as low as a 3rd or 4th & another late round pick? Would it be worth it??? Doing it for anything lower than a 3rd would be a no-brainer for me.

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

It seems like the Cardinals lost a lot of leverage with the Giants and Redskins both selecting QBs last night. I would assume that this would drop the price for Rosen..... could it get as low as a 3rd or 4th & another late round pick? Would it be worth it??? Doing it for anything lower than a 3rd would be a no-brainer for me.

or they just decide to keep him.

Just now, The_Dude said:

The Cardinals completely blew it. Honestly if you can get Josh Rosen for a 2nd I'd pull the trigger with no problem. If he was in this Draft I'd easily take him over Haskins, Jones or Lock.

Having Rosen sit behind Cousins for two years would be ideal.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

or they just decide to keep him.

They could, but that would be like the worst thing they could do. That would be entirely unhealthy for both players as well as the locker room. It would be like the Case/Teddy arguments but way worse.

They pretty much have to trade him for whatever the highest offer is at this point.  Their leverage only decreases from here (barring an injury in camp, but they need to trade him before that)

Edited by RpMc

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

They pretty much have to trade him for whatever the highest offer is at this point.  Their leverage only decreases from here (barring an injury in camp, but they need to trade him before that)

I'm pretty sure that's probably what Rosen's agent is telling them too...get my client out of here!  And with the Giants taking Jones and Washington taking Haskins, the only starting option might be Miami.  Otherwise, he's backup everywhere else.  

I seriously hope Miami & Cincinnati grab Grier/Lock here in round 2 & totally screw over the Cardinals. I just don't see this as a smart move (drafting Rosen, then drafting Murray, then trading Rosen for change on the dollar), but I am far from a Draft Wonk, so I do not know if Murray is worth the trouble or not.

17 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I seriously hope Miami & Cincinnati grab Grier/Lock here in round 2 & totally screw over the Cardinals. I just don't see this as a smart move (drafting Rosen, then drafting Murray, then trading Rosen for change on the dollar), but I am far from a Draft Wonk, so I do not know if Murray is worth the trouble or not.

I guess we'll find out.  But, for what it's worth, as far as I'm concerned, you put Josh Rosen in this class of QBs (without regard to the team holding the #1 pick), he's going first overall, not Murray.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Just to give some context to what a colossal failure last year was for Arizona. Why does Keim still have a job? 

Because the Bidwills are cheap and don't want to pay anyone else.  Outside of what MDS says there, you also need to look at his atrocious record of 1st rounders.  I mean, I'm not even sure that the Browns prior to Dorsey were worse at drafting 1st rounders.

2013 - G Jonathan Cooper

2014 - DB Deone Bucannon

2015 - OT DJ Humphries

2016 - DT Robert Nkemdiche

2017 - LB Haason Reddick

2018 - QB Josh Rosen