From Mark to Josh?

Vikes_Bolts1228

The other thing is that the team gets a full season or two to evaluate Rosen before deciding what to do with Cousins or in the draft in a couple of years. That costs them a third and solves the backup QB question for 2 years. Everyone knows that Rosen has the physical tools to be a good to excellent QB in the NFL. The Vikings would have a 2 year window to see if the other parts of his game are there. 

I’ve made it known that my view is, that until the QB salary structure is reigned in, teams should go the Jared Goff and Carson Wentz route. Draft QBs every couple of years to always have that cheap rookie contract ready to go. Let someone else overpay for mediocre QBs. Build your team everywhere else. 

• Like 3

On 3/10/2019 at 3:52 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Fifty years actually.  They were just celebrating his 50 years in the business.  He's a good guy.

It's funny that my mom could not stand him when I was growing up.  She would turn the station every time he came on.  

Unfortunately, yes, most people outside the Minnesota TV market would have no idea who he was...I haven't lived in the market myself for nearly 20 years, but he was on TV when I grew up and I still listen to him on occasion when I catch him on KFAN.  Too bad Sam Rosen isn't from Minnesota.  :D

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some have insisted that the Cardinals won’t get more than a third-round pick for quarterback Josh Rosen. They’ve reportedly already been offered a second-round pick for Rosen.

Joel Klatt, who serves as a college football and NFL draft analyst for FOX, identified on Wednesday three teams as being “very interested” in the 10th overall pick from 2018: The Patriots, the Giants, and the Chargers. Per Klatt, one of those teams already has offered a second-round pick for Rosen, the former UCLA quarterback. The Cardinals, according to Klatt, are holding firm for a first-round pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/report-cardinals-have-been-offered-a-second-round-pick-for-josh-rosen/

On 3/28/2019 at 10:55 AM, vike daddy said:

Some have insisted that the Cardinals won’t get more than a third-round pick for quarterback Josh Rosen. They’ve reportedly already been offered a second-round pick for Rosen.

Joel Klatt, who serves as a college football and NFL draft analyst for FOX, identified on Wednesday three teams as being “very interested” in the 10th overall pick from 2018: The Patriots, the Giants, and the Chargers. Per Klatt, one of those teams already has offered a second-round pick for Rosen, the former UCLA quarterback. The Cardinals, according to Klatt, are holding firm for a first-round pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/report-cardinals-have-been-offered-a-second-round-pick-for-josh-rosen/

So he is for surely on the trading block?

On 3/30/2019 at 9:40 AM, vikesfan89 said:

So he is for surely on the trading block?

Only if they are planning on drafting Kyler Murray.  Therefore, don't expect a deal until the day before the draft at the very earliest, but most likely the day of the draft.