From Mark to Josh?

Vikes_Bolts1228

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Only if they are planning on drafting Kyler Murray.  Therefore, don't expect a deal until the day before the draft at the very earliest, but most likely the day of the draft.

That sounds like they are listening to offers

• 2 weeks later...

According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, Washington is “not actively chasing” Rosen at the moment, which likely means unlikely to pay what the Cardinals are asking for him (if of course they’re asking for anything at all).

Washington has basically brought in most of the valid rookie quarterback options for visits (other than Kyler Murray), so the clear preference at the moment is to find someone in the draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/10/washington-not-actively-chasing-josh-rosen/

25 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The deal is likely to be done when the Cardinals are on the clock, or shortly after they select Murray. If they want Murray, they still have to listen to see if someone blows them away with an offer. 

Other teams, like Washington or Miami, who aren’t in the strongest position to draft one of the top QBs, may wait to see what’s available to them at their respective picks before making their offer to Arizona.

if the Cardinals aren’t going to get a 2019 1st round pick in return for Rosen, they could negotiate all through the night and into day 2. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Other teams, like Washington or Miami, who aren’t in the strongest position to draft one of the top QBs, may wait to see what’s available to them at their respective picks before making their offer to Arizona.

if the Cardinals aren’t going to get a 2019 1st round pick in return for Rosen, they could negotiate all through the night and into day 2. 

By "shortly after," I meant throughout draft weekend. They can't have them both showing up at the facility for team activities. They might get more if they wait for training camp injuries (See: Bradford, Sam), but the distraction would be immense. 

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Josh Rosen wasn't better than anyone that would possibly be available to them at the position they are in, then I'd agree with you.  But, in this class of QBs, Josh Rosen would be the #1 QB.  Therefore, there'd really be no sense in them waiting.  I feel they are just doing their due diligence and analyzing all of them, but at the end of the day, Josh Rosen is going to be better than any of them...and if a deal is to be done, it'll be done before the draft or while the Cardinals are on the clock.  I see very little chance that it lasts beyond that.  

• 2 weeks later...

If the Cardinals select Kyler Murray with the first overall pick, that obviously means they believe Murray is their quarterback of the future, and Rosen is not. Which would presumably put Rosen on the trade block, where there’s no way the Cardinals would get back the value of picks they traded away for him last year.

Peter King suggests today that the Cardinals may settle for a third-round pick for Rosen, perhaps No. 78 overall from the Dolphins. Having to settle for just a third after spending a first, a third and a fifth on him last year would not reflect well on Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim’s decision-making. However, a previous report from Joel Klatt of FOX said that the Cardinals have already turned down a second-round pick and are holding out for a first. If that’s the case, there’s no way they’ll take a third.

The best option for the Cardinals, assuming they take Murray may be just to keep Rosen as Murray’s backup. He’s due only $6.19 million over the next three years, which makes him cheap by backup quarterback standards. And it would be easier for Keim to spin his decision as, “Now we’ve got two talented young quarterbacks” than, “Last year I traded away a one, a three and a 5, and this year I’m getting only a three back.” Rosen and Murray may just be teammates this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/if-cardinals-trade-josh-rosen-what-can-they-get/

I still think you have to unload him if you're drafting Murray.  Take the 2nd on draft night that you'll likely get and just go with it.  I understand the idea of keeping Rosen since he's cheap, but on a human nature level, there's nothing good to be had keeping both on the roster.  It's one thing to be drafted in the 5th round or something the year after a 1st rounder was taken, but it's a whole other thing to have 2 consecutive 1st round QBs on the roster, when only 1 of them can play at a time.  You're just degrading the value you'd get for Rosen every day after you've drafted Murray.      

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

I still think you have to unload him if you're drafting Murray.  Take the 2nd on draft night that you'll likely get and just go with it.  I understand the idea of keeping Rosen since he's cheap, but on a human nature level, there's nothing good to be had keeping both on the roster.  It's one thing to be drafted in the 5th round or something the year after a 1st rounder was taken, but it's a whole other thing to have 2 consecutive 1st round QBs on the roster, when only 1 of them can play at a time.  You're just degrading the value you'd get for Rosen every day after you've drafted Murray.      

I agree even if it means biting your tongue and taking the loss of value. 

The second Murray puts together a bad stretch, the fans will be chanting "ROSEN! ROSEN! ROSEN!" and then you have drama. Not really something you want to put TWO young QB's through.

Former NFL receiver Antonio Bryant has been banging the drum over the past day regarding the first overall pick in the draft. Specifically, Bryant insists that the Cardinals won’t take quarterback Kyler Murray, but that they’ll instead select defensive end Nick Bosa. On Monday, Bryant said that he’s “hearing from people in the Cardinals organization” that Bosa sits at No. 1 on the Arizona board, and that the team will stick with Rosen at quarterback. Tuesday morning, Bryant doubled down.

Bryant:  “I’m telling you I trust my source, this ain’t no smokescreen. The Cardinals are going to draft Nick Bosa 1st overall.  Just wait on it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/23/antonio-bryant-doubles-down-on-claim-cards-will-pass-on-kyler-murray/

41 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Former NFL receiver Antonio Bryant has been banging the drum over the past day regarding the first overall pick in the draft. Specifically, Bryant insists that the Cardinals won’t take quarterback Kyler Murray, but that they’ll instead select defensive end Nick Bosa. On Monday, Bryant said that he’s “hearing from people in the Cardinals organization” that Bosa sits at No. 1 on the Arizona board, and that the team will stick with Rosen at quarterback. Tuesday morning, Bryant doubled down.

Bryant:  “I’m telling you I trust my source, this ain’t no smokescreen. The Cardinals are going to draft Nick Bosa 1st overall.  Just wait on it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/23/antonio-bryant-doubles-down-on-claim-cards-will-pass-on-kyler-murray/

Wouldn't that be a hoot?