Devils Top Prospects(2019 Midseason Complete)

devils1854

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Just wondering, you have Kelenic above Rodriguez on the Mariners list, but then have Rodriguez at #9 in the top 10, but no Kelenic. Just a miss? Or are the 5 not in any specific order?

I missed that. Rodriguez should be ahead of Kelenic.

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

whatever happened to Lucius Fox?

He actually had a pretty good year in high A last year. Was moved up and struggled a bit in AA, but he should start there this year.

The Rays as a system tend to always look for the uber athletic guys that are middle of the diamond guys that they can either mold them there, or move them around, see Brandon Lowe this year, and their system is just so strong on those guys. Fox has kind of become a lost guy. Franco, Brujan, Lowe, Solak, and Walls are all above him for me, but its a very deep system.

Id say he gets moved sooner or later, and could get an opportunity with the new organization. Its just going to be hard for him. No power at all, all speed types of guys arent as common in today's MLB.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, mm6492 said:

We have been pretty poor at drafting but don't think this is accurate. 

Maybe you meant 1st round picks?

Adam Morgan - 2011 3rd

Rhys Hoskins - 2014 5th round

Andrew Knapp (catcher) - 2013 2nd round

Kingrey - 2015 2nd round

Roman Quinn - 2011 2nd

yes, first round picks.

• Like 1

Home from work sick today, so Im going to get the last one of these done.

Atlanta
1.Ian Anderson||RHP||AA
2.Drew Waters||OF||A+
3.Cristian Pache||OF||AA
4.Touki Toussaint||RHP||MLB
5.Mike Soroka||RHP||AAA

Player to Watch:Freddy Tarnok||RHP||A+

-Drew Waters and Cristian Pache. Which one is going to get to the majors first, and which one does Atlanta like more? Waters was named the best prospect in the Sally League last season, and a Braves scout believes that Atlanta sees a Ronald Acuna like rise for him in 2019. Cristian Pache has the backing of guys like Andruw Jones and Chipper Jones. The best defender in the minors, and he could probably win a Gold Glove in 2019. He also stayed with the big club all spring and hit over .400 and flashed good power. Ender Inciarte will probably be traded and Nick Markakis is on a one year deal. Dont be surprised to see both start in the outfield with Acuna on opening day 2020. Freddy Tarnok is the next in line of great pitching prospects. He played both ways in high school, and really didnt develop as a pitcher. I think his potential is greater than any pitcher in the system other than Joey Wentz. Plus fastball that just explodes out of his hand. I saw him in 2018, and I was amazed with his fastball. His secondary pitches and control are behind because of his limited experience as a pitcher, and the Braves organization is still babying him, and working him into a starting role. He has high leverage reliever written all over him if he cannot develop pitches. Note:I have moved Mike Soroka down. He hasnt pitched since last summer, and usually injuries do not cause me to move prospects down, but this shoulder issue seems a lot worse than first expected, and until he's healthy and throwing again, Im not going to be as high on him.

Chicago White Sox
1.Eloy Jimenez||OF||AAA/MLB
2.Dylan Cease||RHP||AAA
3.Dane Dunning||RHP||AAA
4.Nick Madrigal||2B||AA
5.Michael Kopech||RHP||N/A

Player to Watch:Jonathan Stiever||RHP||A

-Last year, I said that the White Sox organization has the biggest group of top prospects with bust potential, and even though Eloy is still Eloy, and Dylan Cease has become maybe the top pitching prospect in baseball, I still feel the same. I still see Michael Kopech as a reliever. He did have a couple starts at the end of last year where he located better, and was unhittable at times, but I would have to see a lot more before I change my mind, and now he is out for the year with TJS. Dane Dunning. A pitcher that is probably a mid rotation guy, but has shown good results, is now also out for the year with TJS. Alec Hansen, a guy that I thought had turned the corner after a great 2017, dealt with a lot of injuries last year, and walked 59 in 51 innings. Luis Robert is stealing money so far. Was limited to 50 games last year because of injuries, and when he has been healthy, he has not been impressive at all. One guy that I really do like is Jake Burger. He missed all of 2018 because of injuries, but he was my #2 prospect in the 2017 draft. I think he showed Kris Bryant potential at Missouri State, and although he is now a year behind, I think he can get on track in 2019. Jonathan Stevier was the teams fifth round pick in 2018 out of Indiana. He pitched well last year in the Northwest League after signing. He sits in the mid-90s and can reach back for a little more when he needs to. He also has a 12-6 curve that flashed plus, but he does have some problems locating it. He's a good watch in full season ball this year.

Los Angeles Dodgers
1.Gavin Lux||SS||AA
2.Keibert Ruiz||C||AAA
3.Alex Verdugo||OF||MLB
4.Dustin May||RHP||AA
5.Jeter Downs||SS||A+

Player to Watch:Josiah Gray||RHP||A

-If you arent a Dodgers fan, it has to piss you off with just how well run the organization is. The graduate stars like Corey Seager, Walker Buehler, and Cody Bellinger, yet they still have a top ten farm system. The find a trade partner to get rid of salaries, and in that trade, they bring back a top 100 prospect, and another guy from the 2018 draft that has nice potential. Gavin Lux broke out in a big way last year in high A. The Cal League is known for over-inflating hitting numbers, so I wanted to wait to see what he did at the next level before anointing him as a top prospect. He spent the last month of the season in AA as a 20 year old. In roughly 125 plate appearances, his OPS'd over .900, almost walked as much as he struck out, and even had 9 extra base hits. He is thick for a shortstop, but he has good speed and quickness, so its not out of the question that he can stick there in the majors, and his hitting value from short would be monumental. Alex Verdugo is about to lose all value that he one had. He was once close to a top 25 prospect, but after spending another year in AAA, his deficiencies are being seen. It doesnt look like he is going to hit for power, and he doesnt have the greatest of bodies, so even with a plus arm, he might be a permanent fixture in left. Josiah Gray played shortstop in college before his last year, so he is raw, but he is athletic, has a mid-90s fastball, and what looks like a major league average slider. The Dodgers will probably take their time with him, but he is definitely intriguing.

San Diego
1.Fernando Tatis Jr||SS||AAA
2.Mackenzie Gore||LHP||A+
3.Chris Paddack||RHP||AAA
4.Francisco Mejia||C/OF||MLB
5.Luis Patino||RHP||A+

Player to Watch:Tucupita Marcano||SS||A

-Fernando Tatis, Chris Paddack, and Francisco Mejia will probably exhaust their prospect eligibility by the end of May, and there is a outside chance tha Luis Urias and Logan Allan do the same, and if that happens, San Diego will still have a top five farm system. They are stocked at the major league level. They are stocked at El Paso. They are stocked in Amarillo. They are stocked.....You understand what Im saying. MacKenzie Gore and Luis Patino might be the best 1-2 punch at Lake Elsinore this year. The reports from Mexico last week are jaw dropping with Gore. If he is really hitting those numbers, I might have to re-evaluate my prospect rankings. Patino was overshadowed by Gore in A ball last year, but all he did was have a 2.17 ERA as a 18 year old, and stuck out almost 11 batters per 9. He has the plus, maybe plus plus, fastball. He has the plus slider, and a potential plus curve. Its hard to really figure out who to talk about next. There really is too many prospects. Here is a list of guys that will be in A/A+ next year to look out for. Any of them could be the next breakout guy. Gabriel Arias-SS, Tucupita Marcano-SS, Esteury Ruiz-2B, Tirso Ornelas-OF, Jeisson Rosario-OF, Blake Hunt-C, Osvaldo Hernandez-LHP, Travis Radke-LHP. This really could be the deepest farm system that I have ever seen. I see no reason why they shouldnt be World Series contenders in 2020. They need to trade from their huge surpluss of talent for the right major leaguers.

Tampa Bay
1.Wander Franco||SS||A
2.Vidal Brujan||2B||AA
3.Brent Honeywell||RHP||AAA
4.Ronaldo Hernandez||C||A+
5.Brendan McKay||LHP/DH||AA

Player to Watch:Moises Gomez||OF||A+

-The Bowling Green Hot Rods(A-Midwest League) are my home team. I live in Nashville, but I much more enjoy the Hot Rod games, so Ive seen a lot of these prospects play a number of times. Ive gotten to know a few of them, and for better or worse, I really root for them. Vidal Brujan, Ronaldo Hernandez, Moises Gomez, Taylor Walls, and Resly Linares are guys that spend a good chunk of 2018 in Bowling Green. Brujan is the real deal. I think he could play short. He has the instincts and ability. If not, he is a gold glove type at second. He looks to have deceptive power much like a Ozzie Albies. In fact, Albies is a good comp for him. Hernandez has plus power behind the plate. He is more athletic than what his body shows, so sticking behind the plate will not be a problem. I honestly think he has just tapped into his potential. Gomez broke out last year, kind of out of nowhere. 60 extra base hits from left field. He has enough power to potentially put up 30 in the majors. He does need to cut down on the swing and misses a little though. Taylor Walls was the teams second round pick from 2017. I said last year, and I still believe it, that Walls will make it to the majors before Brendan McKay does. He has a lot of Bo Bichette in him. He is a professional hitter that knows the strike zone. Doesnt strike out much, and takes tons of walks. He will probably stick at short, but he would be an excellent defender at second. Finally, we have Linares. The Rays have taken it slow with him so far, but the numbers are there. He has produced. He is tall and lanky. There could still be some projection in him. His fastball is in the low 90s, but he has excellent command for his age and a curve ball that is developing into his best pitch. The Rays are almost as deep as the Padres. The one thing that the Rays have on anyone in baseball is their middle of the field prospects. They have five that will be in my rankings and a number of young guys that they either just drafted or international guys that have intrigue with them.

Im not good at doing organizational rankings so I will try to do a tier type thing that I will probably want to change 5 minutes after I hit enter.

• (1)San Diego, (2)Tampa, (3)Atlanta
  • Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Houston
  • Detroit, Kansas City, Minnesota, Seattle, St Louis, Toronto
  • Cleveland, Cincinnati, Los Angeles Angels, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Texas
  • Arizona, Baltimore, Chicago Cubs, Colorado, Milwaukee, New York Mets, Philadelphia, Washington
  • Boston, Miami, New York Yankees, San Francisco

3 hours ago, devils1854 said:

The reports from Mexico last week are jaw dropping with Gore. If he is really hitting those numbers, I might have to re-evaluate my prospect rankings.

If the reports on Gore are accurate and that's who he is, he's in David Price/Matt Moore/Clayton Kershaw territory. 

Props to greenie, he called this two years ago.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

150-126

150.Tyler Stephenson||C||Cincinnati
-Injuries keep him from being a top prospect
149.Jonathan India||3B||Cincinnati
-#5 overall pick in 2018, will start in A+
148.Taylor Walls||SS||Tampa Bay
-12.2 BB%, 14.8 K% in A ball
147.Tirso Ornelas||OF||San Diego
-Will be 19 for all of 2019 and in A+
146.Leody Taveras||OF||Texas
-Can be a plus defender in centerfield
145.Nicky Lopez||INF||Kansas City
-Has struck out 134 times in over 1300 career PAs
144.Cole Ragens||LHP||Texas
-Draws comparisons from former Ranger Cole Hamels
143.Shed Long||2B||Seattle
-12 HR, 19 SB in AA in 2018
142.Tristen Lutz||OF||Milwaukee
-Hit .262 with 24 XBH in the last two months of 2018
141.Juan Pablo Martinez||OF||Texas
-Had a .916 OPS in the AFL
140.Tony Santillian||RHP||Cincinnati
-Big bodied rightly with a 70 fastball
139.Ryan Vilade||SS||Colorado
-Hit .298 w/22 XBH and 12 SB after June 1st
138.Khalil Lee||OF||Kansas City
-Was a pitcher in HS. Has a plus arm from center
137.Yu Chang||3B||Cleveland
-13 HR at AAA, another 4 in the AFL
136.Wander Javier||SS||Minnesota
-Missed all of 2018 because of injury
135.Lazaro Armenteros||OF||Oakland
-Plus speed. Potential plus power for a 19 year old
134.Alec Bohm||3B||Philadelphia
-#3 pick in the 2018 draft. Has plus power potential
133.Vladimir Gutierrez||RHP||Cincinnati
-Potentially has one of the best curves in the game
132.Elehuris Montero||3B||St Louis
-16 HR, 37 2B, 3 3B between two levels in 2018
131.Dennis Santana||RHP||Los Angeles Dodgers
-Converted to pitcher in 2014. Lots of room to develop
130.Adam Haseley||OF||Philadelphia
-Hit .305 between high A and AA last season
129.Griffin Canning||RHP||Los Angeles Angels
-Went from A+ to AAA in his first season in professional baseball
128.Isaac Paredes||INF||Detroit
-142 wRC+ as a 19 year old in AA in 2018
127.Austin Beck||OF||Oakland
-Only 4 professional HRs, but many believe he has plus power in his body
126.Freudis Nova||SS/3B||Houston
-Advanced bat for 19 years old. Potenital plus speed and power

125.Daniel Lynch||LHP||Kansas City
-34th pick in 2018. 1.58 ERA in 51 innings to start career
124.Beau Burrows||RHP||Detroit
-Has logged 41 starts and 210 innings in AA the past two years
123.Victor Victor Mesa||OF||Miami
-Signed with the Marlins in 2018 for 5.25 million
122.Will Smith||C/3B||Los Angeles Dodgers
-Broke out at AA in 2018 w/19 HR and a 141 wOB+
121.Anderson Espinoza||RHP||San Diego
-Once a highly rated prospect but he has not pitched since 2016
120.Trevor Larnach||OF||Minnesota
-The 20th pick in the 2018 draft, Larnach could have three above average tools from right
119.Luiz Gohara||LHP||Atlanta
-2018 was a lost season because of injuries and family issues
118.Garrett Hampson||2B||Colorado
-Speed and versatility. Hampson will play a number of roles for the Rockies in 2019
117.Nick Solak||2B||Tampa Bay
-19 HR, 21 SB, 140 wRC+ in 565 PA in AA
116.Blake Rutherford||OF||Chicago White Sox
-Doesnt possess one great tool, but could have four that are above average
115.Nate Pearson||RHP||Toronto
-Pitched on 1.2 innings in 2018, but hit 104 on the gun in the AFL
114.Jahmai Jones||2B||Los Angeles Angels
-Parts are greater than the whole at the moment, but a good stint in the AFL keeps him on the prospect radar
113.Jonathan Loaisiga||RHP||New York Yankees
-Because of his size and two pitch repertoire, he could be used as a high leverage reliever
112.Brandon Lowe||2B/OF||Tampa Bay
-Lowe should be able to play up to 4 positions for the Rays, which will be able to get his improving bat in the lineup
111.Eric Pardinho||RHP||Toronto
-Turned 18 in January. Has an exciting 4 pitch mix that he can start to develop in full season ball in 2019
110.Luis Robert||OF||Chicago White Sox
-After signing for 26 million, Robert did not have the best start to his career in 2018, but was able to show some promise durin the AFL
109.Corbin Martin||RHP||Houston
-Advanced college draftee in 17. Used three above average pitches and control to dominate AA
108.Hans Crouse||RHP||Texas
-20 yr old that will start his first full season in the minor in 2019 with a plus fastball and curveball
107.Franklin Perez||RHP||Detroit
-Highly coveted prospect in the Verlander deal. Has only thrown 19 innings with Detroit
106.Seuly Matias||OF||Kansas City
-In 94 games, hit 31 home runs, but also struck out 34.8% of the time
105.Luis Garcia||SS||Philadelphia
-Not to be confused with the Nationals SS prospect, this Garcia had a 162 wRC+ in the GCL in 2018
104.Ryan Mountcastle||3B||Baltimore
-Will probably move to 1st in the majors, has had 103 XBH in the past 2 seasons
103.Nico Hoerner||SS||Chicago Cubs
-.337/.396/.523 was his slash line in 21 games in the AFL
102.Cole Winn||RHP||Texas Rangers
-15th overall pick in the 2018 draft, will have his professional debut in 2019
101.Daulton Varsho||C||Arizona
-A bat first catcher, has the athletic ability to move positions to advance him quicker

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Jays are a top 7-8 farm imo.

Bo Bichette bat is MLB ready, Kevin Smith is primed to jump up rankings and Orelvis Martinez is gonna be a name to watch. Getting Beltre, Machado comps as a teenager

I have them in the 7-13 tier, so I'd agree there are somewhere around there.

Bichette's bat could probably play right now in the majors, but if he moved to second, I really do think he loses value because I dont think he is going to be a power guy or a speed guy.

Smith is interesting. He broke out in 2018, but he was an advanced college guy in A/A+ as a 22 year old, and he isnt a shortstop at higher levels.

Toronto does have a good number of high profile guys, but they also have a lot more AAAA guys in their top prospects than a lot of teams. Thats the one thing holding them back.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

I have them in the 7-13 tier, so I'd agree there are somewhere around there.

Bichette's bat could probably play right now in the majors, but if he moved to second, I really do think he loses value because I dont think he is going to be a power guy or a speed guy.

Smith is interesting. He broke out in 2018, but he was an advanced college guy in A/A+ as a 22 year old, and he isnt a shortstop at higher levels.

Toronto does have a good number of high profile guys, but they also have a lot more AAAA guys in their top prospects than a lot of teams. Thats the one thing holding them back.

Bichette will play SS. His arm plays, I think his power will be more gap to gap, but he's gonna rake and have Vladdy hitting behind him for the next decade

100.Daz Cameron||OF||Detroit
-Followed a solid AFL in 2018 with a .357 average and 7 XBH this spring
99.Jake Burger||3B||Chicago White Sox
-The 11th pick in the 2017 draft. Missed all of 2018 with a torn ACL
98.Logan Allen||LHP||San Diego
-2.75 ERA over 148 innings between AA and AAA
97.Bubba Thompson||RHP||Texas
-31 XBH and 32 SB in the Sally League last year
96.Yordan Alvarez||OF||Houston
-Plus, maybe plus plus raw power, but will probably end up as a DH
95.Brailyn Marquez||LHP||Chicago Cubs
-20 year old with a plus fastball. Struck out over 9 per between A- and A
94.Jazz Chisholm||SS||Arizona
-Broke out big in Cal League in 2018. 2019 will show if that was skill or the hitter friendly environment
93.Corey Ray||OF||Milwaukee
-27 HR, 32 2B, 7 3B, 37 SB in Biloxi, but K'd 29.3% and had a .239 average
92.Brice Turang||SS||Milwaukee
-Plus speed. Plus defense. Needs to demonstrate more power
91.Jeter Downs||SS/2B||Los Angeles Dodgers
-13 HR, 37 steals as a 19 year old in full season A ball
90.DL Hall||LHP||Baltimore
-Command is a issue, but had a 2.10 ERA and struck out 9.54 per 9 in the Sally as a 19 year old
89.Brent Rooker||1B||Minnesota
-22 HR, 32 2B a year removed from college. Swing and miss is his biggest issue
88.Estevan Florial||OF||New York Yankees
-Has briefly demonstrated plus power, speed, and defense, but has not been able to put it together in game
87.Justus Sheffield||LHP||Seattle
-Sheffield has dominated the minors since being drafted in 2014, but the lack of a true 3rd pitch is his biggest issue
86.Nolan Jones||3B||Cleveland
-He hasnt reached 21 yet, but he has a lot of room to grow and could have plus plus power in a couple years
85.Adrian Morejon||RHP||San Diego
-Mature pitching wise for his age. He might not have plus pitches, but he has three that are above average and above average control
84.Kyle Muller||LHP||Atlanta
-Went through 3 levels in 2018 with his short stint of 29 innings in AA being his best
83.Nolan Gorman||3B||St Louis
-Destroyed pitchers as a 18 year old in the Appalachian League. Swing and miss is his biggest drawback
82.Austin Riley||3B||Atlanta
-127 wRC+ in AAA and showed above average defense, but struck out almost 30% of his ABs
81.Kyle Wright||RHP||Atlanta
-Wright was an advanced college pitcher with a high floor. His ceiling isnt that high but he should be a solid starter for years to come
80.Andrew Knizner||C||St Louis
-Has hit over .300 in all his minor league stops. Still only average as a defender, but he has the athleticism to improve
79.Josh James||RHP||Houston
-James, already 26, has a 70 fastball. Needs a third pitch to be able to move from the pen to rotation
78.Nick Pratto||1B||Kansas City
-Very athletic 1B. 22 steals and potential Gold Glove defense to go along with average power
77.Miguel Amaya||C||Chicago Cubs
-Had double digit homers, double digit walk rate, and above average defense as a 19 year old in the Midwest League
76.Joey Wentz||LHP||Atlanta
-Had a 30 inning scoreless stretch in the Florida State League between injuries