Donovan Smith resigned: 3 years $41.25M ($27M guaranteed)

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

There it is. The extension worries me. But I get it.

Both sides are waiting for Trent Brown to sign.  If they go the extension route, the first 2 yrs will be guaranteed.  So 1 yr @ 14 million with an ext starting after next season above that number.  Or possibly 25 guaranteed over the next 2 seasons on a 5 yr deal.  Don t know which route ends up getting taken.

The tag takes up pretty much all our cap space. DJax will be a Buc until about the fourth. Gholston, E Smith, and Anger too.

Would leave is with ~$20M in cap space.

I really hope we can move Brate. Would free up $7M more.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

The tag takes up pretty much all our cap space. DJax will be a Buc until about the fourth. Gholston, E Smith, and Anger too.

Would leave is with ~$20M in cap space.

I really hope we can move Brate. Would free up $7M more.

McCoy needs a paycut. I’d ask for him to play for 9-10 million.

Trade Brate and I guess expect the bucs to make low risk FA pick ups. Ramon Foster?

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we sign a bottom 5 LT to an extension with $12-$14M per year he better be priority #1 on BAs accountability sheet every day to start team meetings. 

Bottom five is harsh. He's middling at worst. And maybe at best.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I know about his above average grade on pff.

I think you summed it up perfectly. He's been a consistent middle tier tackle. Not a top ten, not a bottom 10. Somewhere in between in his 4 years...

He's also been very durable, which only helps him...

I don't have a problem tagging him, even if it's above his value. I just would like to see us make him prove he can take that next step before we extend him...

29 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think you summed it up perfectly. He's been a consistent middle tier tackle. Not a top ten, not a bottom 10. Somewhere in between in his 4 years...

He's also been very durable, which only helps him...

I don't have a problem tagging him, even if it's above his value. I just would like to see us make him prove he can take that next step before we extend him...

Yeah. That durability is a huge plus. Stuff like that matters. 

I wanna see him with a new line coach. 

58 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I know about his above average grade on pff.

Sure it says above average but he’s the 46th Tackle. There are 64 starting Tackles in the NFL. That’s not average among starters. At the end of the day none of this matters cuz he’s staying in Tampa. My only point is he’ll be paid top 10, maybe top 5 money to be the 46th best Tackle. Wonder where he’d be if Guards and Centers were in that ranking too.

Archived