Rank your top 3 per position. plus SLEEPER pick

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We had the highest rated pass blocking LT in the league, and Zack Martin

Damn. Thats awesome. Good thing that they only played with 2 right? Maybe if they played with 5, they wouldnt have been the 28th worst in the league. People who want to bash Dak say Gallup had a good season. By no measurement did Gallup have a good season. Except 1. 

If you count him as *rookie* WR then you can call it good compared to other rookies. Thats kinda like saying Peter Dinklege is a tall midget. That doesnt make him tall. 

Also our WR corp was grade is #32 out of 32 teams before Cooper. 

But thats enough about Dak in a non Dak thread. 

56 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Damn. Thats awesome. Good thing that they only played with 2 right? Maybe if they played with 5, they wouldnt have been the 28th worst in the league. People who want to bash Dak say Gallup had a good season. By no measurement did Gallup have a good season. Except 1. 

If you count him as *rookie* WR then you can call it good compared to other rookies. Thats kinda like saying Peter Dinklege is a tall midget. That doesnt make him tall. 

Also our WR corp was grade is #32 out of 32 teams before Cooper. 

But thats enough about Dak in a non Dak thread. 

David Johmson couldn't even hit 1k despite being 3rd in the league in attempts. We are giving him a pass on his 3.6 ypc. Why can't Rosen get a little benefit of the doubt? The Cardinals were trash. We were not bad like them. That's delusional. The difference wasn't Daks 18 TD passes either.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

David Johmson couldn't even hit 1k despite being 3rd in the league in attempts. The Cardinals were trash. We were not bad like them. That's delusional. The difference wasn't Daks 18 TD passes either.

This isnt a Dak thread. 

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Don't be mad.

It just gets old that 4 of the top 7 most active people in this forum turn every thread into a dak bashing thread. 

Whats the ranking on our LB group

Stooge 1: 'Probably top 5. Would be #1 if Dak wasnt worse than Mark Sanchez'

'Stooge 2: I know right. Eff Dak. All the LBs are probably going to leave because we signed Dak anyways. How are we going to win with no LBs'

Stooge 3: 'This is why I always say, Jerry Jones just needs to be murdered, painfully. Like, have BDN rape him into a heart attack. Then kill Dak next. Dak will try to run away, but he so inaccurate he will run into the broadside of the barn"

Stooge 4: Likes the little football on each post. Then just quotes each one agreeing while adding no original thought of their own.

Rinse and Repeat in like 80% of threads since the Falcons game last year. 

Ill leave it up to you all to figure who is who. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

It just gets old that 4 of the top 7 most active people in this forum turn every thread into a dak bashing thread. 

'Stooge 2: I know right. Eff Dak. All the LBs are probably going to leave because we signed Dak anyways. How are we going to win with no LBs'

Stooge 3: 'This is why I always say, Jerry Jones just needs to be murdered, painfully. Like, have BDN rape him into a heart attack. Then kill Dak next. Dak will try to run away, but he so inaccurate he will run into the broadside of the barn"

Stooge 4: Likes the little football on each post. Then just quotes each one agreeing while adding no original thought of their own.

@Matts4313 the only stooge here is you. A guy fresh off being banned (again) from the website probably shouldn't come back handing down life lessons to "4 of the top 7 most active ppl" on how to post. 

I actually brought up Josh Rosen(the QB of the cardinals), and when Cal said Dak was better I specifically said Rosen wouldn't be handed the starting job given the 3rd round compensation(so we are comparing him to Cooper Rush). I then talked about how it's hard to judge the 21 year olds performance given what team he was on. And gave Dak credit for being a better leader and stronger physically.

Then you brought the Dak debate back; sarcastically questioning if we were talking about Rosen or Dak when talking about bad teams. I never intended to debate whether Dak or Rosen had the better team with anyone. I didn't think I would have to because it's not close, but here you are. You bring up Dak then blast everyone for replying back to you, it's nuts.  

Did you not notice how your partner in Dak @resilient part 2 and I were doing just fine without you? The Rosen conversation was basically over once he answered the question and no Daks were harmed.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, flyingmonkey30 said:

Hell yeah. I had a 1 on him last year, but I'm also not surprised he struggled off the bat. Granted, I would have liked to interview him to see if he's the kind of guy who will buy into the system or if he's more of a problem.

He was only 21 years old on what is a bottom 5 team. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

@Matts4313 the only stooge here is you. A guy fresh off being banned (again) from the website probably shouldn't come back handing down life lessons to "4 of the top 7 most active ppl" on how to post. 

I actually brought up Josh Rosen(the QB of the cardinals), and when Cal said Dak was better I specifically said Rosen wouldn't be handed the starting job given the 3rd round compensation(so we are comparing him to Cooper Rush). I then talked about how it's hard to judge the 21 year olds performance given what team he was on. And gave Dak credit for being a better leader and stronger physically.

Then you brought the Dak debate back; sarcastically questioning if we were talking about Rosen or Dak when talking about bad teams. I never intended to debate whether Dak or Rosen had the better team with anyone. I didn't think I would have to because it's not close, but here you are. You bring up Dak then blast everyone for replying back to you, it's nuts.  

Did you not notice how your partner in Dak @resilient part 2 and I were doing just fine without you? The Rosen conversation was basically over once he answered the question and no Daks were harmed.

I had never been banned before, so that was #1. If you noticed I said like all the threads for a year; which means I wasnt specifically referring to just this thread. I was speaking to how a lot of threads derail the same way. Everyone in the world would take Rosen for a 3rd, thats a dumb question. We would all also take Darnold, Mayfield, hell Lamar Jackson for a 3rd. In fact, I would take just about every starting QB on a rookie contract for a 3rd. 

Also, the post was meant to be overly satirical. The overly satirical nature was to show it ribbing nature. 

This was a thread was a terrible example of a thread derailing BTW. Which is why I wanted to emphasize that I meant it happens in almost all threads. I only posted it in here because of the "dont be mad" when I tried to get the conversation back on topic.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

"4 of the top 7 most active ppl" on how to post. 

My first post was satirical, this one isnt.

I wanted to address this comment specifically. In my eyes the constant hostile take over of threads by individuals has made this sub toxic. It started with the "DCRA" killing the old forum. And this is just a new version. I cant tell you how many people have conveyed to me that they no longer enjoy this sub. A lot just rarely post now. Or like me, can only take this forum in spurts. 

Maybe I should just use the block user feature? But then I would literally not see any content at all and what the hell is the point to even visiting this site? 

Remember when there used to be 20 active posters? Why do you think the others left?

3a1fba1f40bffc0bc0538f613477e467.gif

Back to discussing the thread at hand. 

We're really comparing the Dallas and Arizona offensive supporting casts? Really?

The Cowboys had four offensive linemen play 75% or more of the snaps. The Cardinals had one. We had seven guys play 15% or more- they had twelve. I don't care how bad you think C-Will, Looney, and Collins are/were, there is no way they are nearly as bad as the likes of Will Holden, Jeremy Vujnovich, and Colby Gossett.

And do we think this year's cast is possibly any worse than the days of Derrick Dockery, Phil Costa, Kevin Kowalski, Nate Livings, Mackenzy Bernadeau? I mean, I guess. They did give up like 20 more sacks than those lines did..... (sack rate is one of the most consistent year to year stats amongst QBs)

Matts, you are picking and choosing stats from the same advanced metric sites (FO and PFF) that largely paint Dak Prescott as a below average or worse passer in order to complete exonerate him from our lowest two-year scoring stretch of the last 13 years. Blaming everyone else for this site's decline in traffic while you consistently end up in the most 100+ post, 10+ thread debates is humorous. If our support system/OL is as bad as you say it is, it is a complete indictment of our entire organization from top to bottom. Because apparently the most expensive offensive line in the history of the league is just as bad as the one that played 12 guys and landed the first pick in the draft. That must be it.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

We're really comparing the Dallas and Arizona offensive supporting casts? Really?

The Cowboys had four offensive linemen play 75% or more of the snaps. The Cardinals had one. We had seven guys play 15% or more- they had twelve. I don't care how bad you think C-Will, Looney, and Collins are/were, there is no way they are nearly as bad as the likes of Will Holden, Jeremy Vujnovich, and Colby Gossett.

And do we think this year's cast is possibly any worse than the days of Derrick Dockery, Phil Costa, Kevin Kowalski, Nate Livings, Mackenzy Bernadeau? I mean, I guess. They did give up like 20 more sacks than those lines did..... (sack rate is one of the most consistent year to year stats amongst QBs)

Matts, you are picking and choosing stats from the same advanced metric sites (FO and PFF) that largely paint Dak Prescott as a below average or worse passer in order to complete exonerate him from our lowest two-year scoring stretch of the last 13 years. Blaming everyone else for this site's decline in traffic while you consistently end up in the most 100+ post, 10+ thread debates is humorous. If our support system/OL is as bad as you say it is, it is a complete indictment of our entire organization from top to bottom. Because apparently the most expensive offensive line in the history of the league is just as bad as the one that played 12 guys and landed the first pick in the draft. That must be it.

I am pretty sure the thread is about top 3 people by position. Which should be what we focus on.

The rest of this was just another derailment. 

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Holy crap that was funny. And sadly accurate.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived