Rank your top 3 per position. plus SLEEPER pick

resilient part 2

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

So after the Cowboys recent FA signings and Witten's come out of retirement, combined with updated workouts of prospects...

Who does everyone want/hope/expect to draft??

Top 3 players now???

Nothing changes IMO. They eliminated immediate needs and can go in and draft BPA at positions of relative need. Take the best S, TE, WR, DT, DE, CB

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

don't see any need for a CB. At 2 anyway.

weapons or trenches for me.

No? With Byron and Brown potential free agents after the season, and Jourdan Lewis’ future up in the air, I think it would be wise to consider the position if he’s the top guy on your board

Just now, flyingmonkey30 said:

No? With Byron and Brown potential free agents after the season, and Jourdan Lewis’ future up in the air, I think it would be wise to consider the position if he’s the top guy on your board

This. Not to mention, the front office has a penchant for drafting replacements a year ahead most of the time.

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

No because we already have an outstanding corner in my opinion in Jordan Lewis who doesn't even get his fair share. We have too many other positions in at greater needs than CB. And I don't believe Jerry Jones will let Byron Jones get away for the sake of argument

26 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

No because we already have an outstanding corner in my opinion in Jordan Lewis who doesn't even get his fair share. We have too many other positions in at greater needs than CB. And I don't believe Jerry Jones will let Byron Jones get away for the sake of argument

I agree here. Chido, Byron, Brown, and Lewis are all good CBs. Drafting another good CB in round 2 would be overkill. But it's round 2. Not round 1. You have to take what you can get.

CB and OL would suck though 

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I like Lewis a lot, but Richard doesn’t for whatever reason (he’s short). I’m not confident they sign both of Byron and Brown. So rather than force the need for CB next year, you can be a bit preemptive about it.

Then get a CB in the later rds for insurance. Right now whomever we draft for RD2 SHOULD NOT be for insurance or play backup minutes. I want someone who can make an impact sooner than later. Get me a monster DT or Star studded talented TE, which more than likely still be available. Shet, I would even take a QB in RD 2 (if a RD1 talent falls) just for the shear value of a QB lonnggg before I take yet another CB who more than likely will only be the 3rd, 4th or even 5th option as a player for us.

Edited by resilient part 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Then get a CB in the later rds for insurance. Right now whomever we draft for RD2 SHOULD NOT be for insurance or play backup minutes. I want someone who can make an impact sooner than later. Get me a monster DT or Star studded talented TE, which more than likely still be available. Shet, I would even take a QB in RD 2 (if a RD1 talent falls) just for the shear value of a QB lonnggg before I take yet another CB who more than likely will only be the 3rd, 4th or even 5th option as a player for us.

Don't get me wrong if "monster" and "star studded" players are available, go get them. But you're telling me if they aren't there, and the best player by far on your board is a CB, you wouldn't take him? I'm with you, I'm not taking a CB unless my other options are exhausted. But if a 1st round talent is staring me in the face, I'm not passing him up for a backup TE or DT. Especially given the injury history of some of our CBs, and how quickly CB can get thinned out when so many teams run 3 and 4 WR sets these days.

3 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I like Lewis a lot, but Richard doesn’t for whatever reason (he’s short). 

I think this is inaccurate. Has there ever been a report detailing Kris Richard being unhappy with J.Lewis? Fans are seeing Lewis relegated to 4th string and just assuming Richard hates him, but they don't take into account that he has Byron Jones, and Chidobe Awuzie in front of him. It's probably a little more tight between an underrated Anthony Brown and Lewis for that slot position than most people realize. Maybe Lewis would win that job over Brown on the outside, but a more experienced/solid tackling Brown is better in the slot, and the two outside spots aren't for competition.

We DO know that Richard values Lewis enough that they only felt the need to carry 4 CBs with no one behind him in 2018. We also know that Richard values Lewis enough to match him up man to man on Alvin Kamara to shut down the Saints offense.

I don't think he hates Lewis. Or dislikes him. I think he's in a crowded DB room. 

If he gets cut or moved for peanuts then I stand corrected but they wouldn't leave a guy on the roster for two seasons if they didn't value him.

27 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I think this is inaccurate. Has there ever been a report detailing Kris Richard being unhappy with J.Lewis? Fans are seeing Lewis relegated to 4th string and just assuming Richard hates him, but they don't take into account that he has Byron Jones, and Chidobe Awuzie in front of him. It's probably a little more tight between an underrated Anthony Brown and Lewis for that slot position than most people realize. Maybe Lewis would win that job over Brown on the outside, but a more experienced/solid tackling Brown is better in the slot, and the two outside spots aren't for competition.

We DO know that Richard values Lewis enough that they only felt the need to carry 4 CBs with no one behind him in 2018. We also know that Richard values Lewis enough to match him up man to man on Alvin Kamara to shut down the Saints offense.

I don't think he hates Lewis. Or dislikes him. I think he's in a crowded DB room. 

If he gets cut or moved for peanuts then I stand corrected but they wouldn't leave a guy on the roster for two seasons if they didn't value him.

I thought I've seen some reports that they shopped him last offseason and Richard wasn't a fan, but I could be incorrect. Mind could be playing tricks on me. Fair points

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Don't get me wrong if "monster" and "star studded" players are available, go get them. But you're telling me if they aren't there, and the best player by far on your board is a CB, you wouldn't take him? I'm with you, I'm not taking a CB unless my other options are exhausted. But if a 1st round talent is staring me in the face, I'm not passing him up for a backup TE or DT. Especially given the injury history of some of our CBs, and how quickly CB can get thinned out when so many teams run 3 and 4 WR sets these days.

Agreed. Especially after Byron having hip surgery and who knows what his asking price will be.

If were committed to paying Tank, Dak, Zeke, and Coop, there might not be money for Byron.

6 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I thought I've seen some reports that they shopped him last offseason and Richard wasn't a fan, but I could be incorrect. Mind could be playing tricks on me. Fair points

I was asking, because it seems like there had to be something. It's such a popular belief. I just think Jourdan Lewis was the biggest victim of Byron Jones moving to CB.

The 2017 season ended with Lewis starting on the outside and X. Woods starting at nickle CB the last few games. You have to be able to tackle to play in the slot. Woods moves to FS, and Anthony Brown is a really good tackling CB. They selected Awuzie over Lewis in the same draft so we know who Jerry and co want to start out of those two. Byron moves to the other spot. Brown is the better tackling CB. Lewis is the odd man out.

But still solid manned up. And they are clearly trying everything to get him on the field. Returning kicks. Even playing him on offense. But to put him on defense, who comes off the field? Byron? Awuzie who they selected over Lewis? It seems slot may not be his best spot. 

We are getting way too carried away here with position need concerns.

JoeJuan Williams (6’4)

Isaiah (6’3) with speed.

These are the two that are at high chance at being drafted with our second round pick & these big corners don’t grow on trees every year for us to pick.

Especially considering we are looking at them with our second round pick and not a first. Usually these type of corners go late first or early second in most drafts.

Much less about us drafting to replace but more drafting cause they might be the best player available with thier unique size and play making ability.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

LB makes more sense than CB at this point.. This is Lees' last hoorah, and we have nothing behind him. 

Plus, I'm strictly talking about what I want.

I understand BPA, and the fact that it's a 2nd not a 1st, and It's a late 2nd at that. I mentioned it above. 

CB or OL would suck though.

It would be worse case scenario for the BPA in round 2 to be a CB, OT, RB, OG, C, LB...

Best case scenario the BPA is a TE, DT, Safety, WR, QB, DE(Quinn is a rental)...

I agree. It's round 2. If you feel Isaiah is worth 58 more than anyone else is then draft him. But that would suck, because he without injury won't play year 1. Lewis only got 18% last year. What's CB 5 going to get?

Might as well draft Simmons if CB is your BPA after him.

Edited by DaBoys