Texans tag Clowney

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Clowney is a good player, maybe even great, but I can’t help but feel like he’s still been a massive disappointment.  Injuries have certainly slowed him down, but the hype with him was crazy.

Comparing him to Julius Peppers was just tough expectations for him. 

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So is Houston working on an extension or they content to just let him play out the season on a 1 yr deal?

I'm guessing they would try to trade him. If no good offers, then work out an extension.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So is Houston working on an extension or they content to just let him play out the season on a 1 yr deal?

56 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm guessing they would try to trade him. If no good offers, then work out an extension.

I'm thinking that's what this is - if someone comes calling, Brian Gaine will hear them out, but dictate where Clowney goes. Clowney in Tennessee, Jacksonville or Indianapolis is a horrible scenario, so the non-exclusive tag deters that action. Any AFC team is probably bad, unless a really strong offer comes in for him. NFC team would be ideal.

This tag will allow the Texans to deal with this vs Clowney.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm thinking that's what this is - if someone comes calling, Brian Gaine will hear them out, but dictate where Clowney goes. Clowney in Tennessee, Jacksonville or Indianapolis is a horrible scenario, so the non-exclusive tag deters that action. Any AFC team is probably bad, unless a really strong offer comes in for him. NFC team would be ideal.

This tag will allow the Texans to deal with this vs Clowney.

Come on Lions trade some Draft picks this year and next!!

Archived