Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mse326

Clowney gets Franchise Tag

Recommended Posts

the hate for Clowney in here is unreal. Is he always 100%? No. Does he disappear? Sure. But he still is dominant force in the run and pass game. There really aren't many that are better than him. And especially when our pass rush outside him in Watt was non-existent now you want to get rid of him? We have too many holes as it is. There is zero reason to create another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i seen an offer on twitter that made me nearly fall out of seat and laugh.

 

clowney+ pick 23+ pick 54 for pick 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mse326 said:

the hate for Clowney in here is unreal. Is he always 100%? No. Does he disappear? Sure. But he still is dominant force in the run and pass game. There really aren't many that are better than him. And especially when our pass rush outside him in Watt was non-existent now you want to get rid of him? We have too many holes as it is. There is zero reason to create another.

not really hate, some of us just scared when he finally gets the big payday its going  to come back and bite the franchise in the butt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mse326 said:

the hate for Clowney in here is unreal. Is he always 100%? No. Does he disappear? Sure. But he still is dominant force in the run and pass game. There really aren't many that are better than him. And especially when our pass rush outside him in Watt was non-existent now you want to get rid of him? We have too many holes as it is. There is zero reason to create another.

He doesn’t generate a pass rush on 65% of the plays he’s on. He is a low motor guy who has no heart and drive. Give the guy 18 million a year and expect those issues to go away? Clowney is only gonna get worse when he signs that deal

 

having said that, we obviously have no plans to spend that money and Clowney is good enough that we can go get a replacement so just pay the man already and front load the heck out of it before we have to pay Watson in 2 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He doesn’t generate a pass rush on 65% of the plays he’s on. He is a low motor guy who has no heart and drive. Give the guy 18 million a year and expect those issues to go away? Clowney is only gonna get worse when he signs that deal

 

having said that, we obviously have no plans to spend that money and Clowney is good enough that we can go get a replacement so just pay the man already and front load the heck out of it before we have to pay Watson in 2 years 

He isn’t the best run stopper in the league because he lacks heart and fire. That’s pretty unfair  

clowney is best suited for the role Watt plays. But we can’t have two of the same roaming type players on the field. Clowney excels at his role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually pro-Clowney, but - given the going contracts for Frank Clark and DeMarcus Lawrence - I hope that we trade him.

It'll be a hit to our defense, but that sort of money is troublesome for a guy with Clowney's injury history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, amazingandre said:

He isn’t the best run stopper in the league because he lacks heart and fire. That’s pretty unfair  

clowney is best suited for the role Watt plays. But we can’t have two of the same roaming type players on the field. Clowney excels at his role. 

We also have to recognize his was much better when playing DE rather than OLB. Why our coaches don't realize that or utilize that only god knows. Even if he doesn't roam playing him at the other DE spot and getting another OLB. That is why I want to get BBK in the 2nd. Kick Clowney down to DE. Allow Mercilus to be rushing the passer 95+% so hopefully he gets his groove back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, amazingandre said:

He isn’t the best run stopper in the league because he lacks heart and fire. That’s pretty unfair  

clowney is best suited for the role Watt plays. But we can’t have two of the same roaming type players on the field. Clowney excels at his role. 

You can’t possibly watch him play and believe he goes all out even 50% of the time. 

He might be the most physically gifted guy in the league but his lack of heart and fire keeps him from being DPOY 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i legitimately had a nightmare last night that Clowney had been traded to the Titans for some linebacker and a pick and it was like.. some horrific gameshow setting and Clowney was in a chair that mechanically moved him over to the Titans area. He was doing that thing where he was saying he was excited to get to work and i was just imagining having to play against him twice every single year from now on

 

absolute nightmare

 

edit: but possible with this FO i think

Edited by tab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×