Clowney gets Franchise Tag

mse326

5 hours ago, amazingandre said:

Training Camp is half over, I wouldn't trade him at this point

Oh, I'm 1,000% on the "don't trade him" bandwagon - but I think we're well past the point of no return. 

5 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Would you trade Clowney to the Eagles for Dillard?

Probably not straight up...

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

Not a chance. IF you are going to trade him, it better be for a legit bonafide starting LT, not a prospect

Miami/Tunsil piqued my interest... There would need to be more, but it was a good starting foundation.

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think Clowney will ultimately report next week and play this season. At least I hope so. We don’t have time to replace him. Unless we get a starting LT out of the deal, I’d keep him. 

And that’s not happening, because any decent team that could use JD isn’t training their starting LT if he’s worth a damn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Redskins. 

Redskins have already invested a ton on their OLBs. Ryan Kerrigan is considerably better than Clowney at rushing the passer, and Montez Sweat is first round pick from this past draft with a ton of upside as an OLB, and much cheaper over the next five years.

Clowney would be MUCH more expensive than either Sweat or Kerrigan, and might not even be as good. 

Would we trade Clowney for Dak Prescott? Because that's what you're proposing right now to Washington - give up a premium player for a guy who isn't as good as the guys at that position, and pay him more than that guy at the position.

In what world does this make sense?