Free Agency Thread

MOSteelers56

So the Combine is winding down. Now comes Free Agency. What are some expected moves? 

A guy I'd like to get more information about is Anthony Barr. I wonder if he could play the MACK for us. The posters over in the Vikings thread say he's not much of a pass rusher. He's a blitzer. Super athletic and a hard hitter. I think he could be a possibility. They did mention he wanted to rush the passer more, but he doesn't seem to be very good at it. I wonder if he's not talented or just not used correctly?

Other ILB possibilities could be:
Kwon Alexander
Jordan Hicks
Deone Buccanon

I'd like to sign any of these guys to go along with a coverage type Safety, maybe a D-linemen with some juice to get after the passer, and a WR. That would be a nice haul. I'm not sure we will be able to find any CBs worth much. I'd be ok with drafting a CB, re-signing Sensabaugh, and giving Burns and Allen another year to maybe figure something out. 

If they trade Brown, I’m gonna guess they’d try to sign a vet type at WR....however if they don’t sign one and they get a top 60 pick for him, you know damn well they’re picking one within the 1st 2 rounds.

If/When they cut Burnett, they need depth at least at S.

The Steelers will sign at least 1 starter in FA(or heavy snap guy)...it’s just a matter of who....IIRC, there was no rumors of Steelers signing Bostic or Burnett before it was official.

I like P.Desir (and draft a CB as well)
I think Kwon Alexander, if he's healthy could be really interesting.
They could consider T.Mathieu

I think we make one atypical signing. One splurge.
That could be CB, S, ILB possibly a WR (but I think less likely)

Just now, wwhickok said:

To be completely honest I really hope that Le'Veon Bell does not end up in Baltimore or New England

No chance he goes to NE.

Baltimore could happen...but I dont care.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

No chance he goes to NE.

Baltimore could happen...but I dont care.

The only reason I feel that way about Baltimore is that with our defense the way it is right now unless it drastically changes we've had issues with other running backs who I feel are significantly less talented Le'Veon Bell so that would be a nightmare. If our defense was greatly improved I wouldn't be that worried about it at all

I think the issue in 2017 honestly cuz he was clearly playing with some injuries in my opinion and that has been the issue with bell is that as good as he is he takes a beating. I don't care who you are history has shown in the NFL when you struggle that often to stay healthy and I'm not trying to paint him is injury-prone because that's not the case but when you struggle at times to stay healthy your career is definitely shortened in length. I do feel the year off is going to hurt him more than it is going to help him.

Archived