Free Agency Thread

MOSteelers56

59 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The only reason I feel that way about Baltimore is that with our defense the way it is right now unless it drastically changes we've had issues with other running backs who I feel are significantly less talented Le'Veon Bell so that would be a nightmare. If our defense was greatly improved I wouldn't be that worried about it at all

I think a duo of Lamar Jackson and LeVeon could be pretty lethal and give us a bunch of problems...along with the rest of the league, but for how long?    Will he be worth the huge contract he wants?  

In the end, we can only control what we do.    If the Ravens want to sign LeVeon to a fat contract...be my guest.

59 minutes ago, August4th said:

honestly don't see many productive years left for bell. he looked slow in 2017 and I don't think skipping a yr will help get his speed back.

Agreed. I also think a lot is the OL. Samuels ran for 142yds for crying out loud. His college high was like 100yds! Bell is a very good back. But he had A LOT of help and I think his best years are behind him. I think his best bet is in KC if they'll have him or somewhere else that spreads the ball around.  In Baltimore he'll be playing against 8 or 9 Man fronts. 

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think a duo of Lamar Jackson and LeVeon could be pretty lethal and give us a bunch of problems...along with the rest of the league, but for how long?    Will he be worth the huge contract he wants?  

In the end, we can only control what we do.    If the Ravens want to sign LeVeon to a fat contract...be my guest.

Meh, I'm just not a fan of the RPO being your primary Offense. I do think LJ will get better at throwing but by that time Bell will be 30+. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I might sound crazy but I want no part of Mosley. We need to get more athletic and he isn’t going to help with that. I’d rather take a shot with Jordan Hicks, Bucannon, or Alexander. 

I like Jordan Hicks of that list although I wouldn't mind Bucannon either. The question on Hicks is can he stay healthy and the question on Bucannon is can he stay consistent.

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Meh, I'm just not a fan of the RPO being your primary Offense. I do think LJ will get better at throwing but by that time Bell will be 30+. 

I dont disagree....but I think, at least in year 1, they could have alot of success.   I think teams would adjust and slow them down considerably....unless Jackson learns how to throw and read defenses sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont disagree....but I think, at least in year 1, they could have alot of success.   I think teams would adjust and slow them down considerably....unless Jackson learns how to throw and read defenses sooner rather than later.

Well it certainly worked last year and Bell would be a vast improvement to what they had. On paper it just seems so easy to stop but I guess that's why they play on the field. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I see Mosely as more of a Vince Williams upgrade than I do a guy who’d play the Mack. I’d rather take a shot on Alexander or Buchanon. Seems like safety is a deep position in FA this year, so I’d cut Burnett and try to make a splash there. Honey Badger would be my choice. The draft is LOADED at WR, so I’d wait to address that. They seem fine with Dupree and his $9M cap hit, so I don’t see them adding any impact players at OLB in FA. So one of those two ILBs, Honey Badger, and a serviceable CB would be a good FA to me.

15 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

Sign Jordan Hicks and Tre Boston and go into the draft needing offense and CB

I have been on the Tre Boston bandwagon the past three years.  Instant veteran leadership/experience/help in the secondary and gives us a ton of versatility.  He helps make Davis and Edmunds better and can be a pure FS for for us who is versatile enough to play SS as well.

Hicks is a more athletic version of Bostic (football discipline wise) and has some athleticism who can play the run sideline to sideline and drop in coverage.

I would like to throw in a stout body to assist Hargraves inside. Someone like Christian Covington,   Darius Philon or RFA Danny Shelton if he is not too expensive and the tender offer NE makes doesn't require too much compensation. The Mt. McCullers experience is over.  They have Tyson as a solid veteran and could look to possibly upgrade Walton, but his cap number is friendly.

Our defense will be a lot stronger in the middle with these three additions (DT/NG, MLB, FS).

15 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Well I will say this even if CJ Mosley has lost a step he looked really good this past season. I would be completely fine if you was the only free-agent we signed

I don't think ILB is what this modern game is all about. Sure, a nice predator in the middle with good chase is nice to have, but I think you can find that in the draft. It's a luxury.

Quick mini

1) PITTSBURGH - 20th overall - HAKEEM BUTLER WR IOWA STATE

2) PITTSBURGH - 35th overall (via OAK) - DARELL HENDERSON RB MEMPHIS

2) PITTSBURGH - 52nd overall - DEEBO SAMUEL WR SOUTH CAROLINA

3) PITTSBURGH - 84th overall - ANTHONY NELSON DE IOWA

4) PITTSBURGH - 106th overall (via OAK) - TYREE JACKSON QB BUFFALO 

4) PITTSBURGH - 122nd overall -  CALEB WILSON TE UCLA

6) PITTSBURGH - 175th overall - BLAKE CASHMAN LB MINNESOTA

6) PITTSBURGH - 192nd overall - MITCH WISHNOWSKY P UTAH

7) PITTSBURGH - 219th overall - RYQUELL ARMSTEAD RB TEMPLE

UDFA - Sutton Smith LB

Morgan Burnett and Joe Haden will be given their release because they aren't in the plans going forward. This move will save 15 million. Sean Davis will be moved back to his natural position at CB.

Dante Fowler gives this team a pass rush from both sides and is the missing piece because that rush makes the entire defense work and they'll start to generate more turnovers. 24 years old. Amazing talent. Something simple. 4 years, $52.75m. Bud Dupree can be released and will save $9m. Upgrade to Fowler for $4m per year? Easy decision there

Landon Collins gives this team a dynamic safety that can help in the box and has the ability to cover the Tight End. Athletic and natural playmaker. Maybe need to break the bank here as he should be the most coveted guy on the board. 5 years, $72m

Ameer Abdullah is a guy who still has some churn left in those legs. Something incentive-laden to help the guy develop that want to come back for another season in quest for the one ring. 1 year, up to $1.5m

This isn't a normal buy defense scenario. This is picking up 24 year old superstars in their prime. Draft the offense.

Please move Sean Davis back to CB. He's not a NFL safety. 

Archived