Eagles extend OL Isaac Seumalo to 3 yr extension

Kiltman

The Eagles and offensive lineman Isaac Seumalo have agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension on Monday that will keep him in an Eagles uniform through 2022.

Seumalo’s extension is the latest example of the Eagles putting a high priority on winning in the trenches. Over the weekend, the Eagles agreed to terms with All-Pro center Jason Kelce and defensive end Brandon Graham on contract extensions, which will keep the fan favorites in Philadelphia through 2021.

Seumalo has played in at least 13 games over the last two seasons. His versatility allows the Eagles to place him virtually anywhere along the offensive line, making him a key piece to an already talented unit.

“Isaac is a warrior. Isaac works as hard as anybody, not only on the field but in the classroom,” Eagles Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator Jeff Stoutland said during the 2018 season.

Image result for but why gif

^My first reaction to hearing this news, although I don't actually mind it when giving it more thought, assuming it is pretty cheap and not much is guaranteed. He is, AT BEST, an average guard, and certainly someone we should look to upgrade, but he's also still young and you can always use bodies on the OL, so retain guys experienced with the system.

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That´s a weird extension. I felt that LG was a low key need for this team

I think it's just a straight up need. i wouldn't be too upset if we drafted Chris Lindstrom in the 1st.

He’s a versatile dude on a line that’s aged and seemingly going to be missing a starter for a while. It’s a good move keeping some continuity. I’m sure the contract will be valued in a way that reflects the player. Spot starter and  good backup. Still need a long term solution at LG eventually. Maybe they have visions of Isaac taking over at center in two years. 

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Don't get the need to do it now, but was probably low. I wonder if Wiz is asking for a trade

I'd hope not. Do we know the status of Brandin Brooks for this season? Wiz could play there most of this season most likely.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I'd hope not. Do we know the status of Brandin Brooks for this season? Wiz could play there most of this season most likely.

I hope not either, but his contract is easy to move and he’s already complained about playing time. I’d say just sit on him unless it gets bad, but signing Isaac to an extension doesn’t smooth anything over there

Archived