Cardinals QB Josh Rosen available?

Acgott

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Or you can save $17 Million to cap room which could basically be used to pay Tannehill who is a better QB at this moment in time.

A better QB who has proven after 3 games into a season he cant stay healthy and finds a way to get injured and would be stealing a paycheck at the same time. Id rather use Alex Tanney and tank the entire 2019 season. 

I don't understand these teams, I'll admit I haven't looked into the cards situation so if a coaching or GM change took place after they drafted Rosen and the new GM isn't a fan of this quarterback I don't know or care.  The team spent money and time drafting Rosen with the 10th pick last year.  He started a total 13 games, his numbers are what you'd expect of a rookie all things considered and now they are shopping him because they feel that their future quarterback is Kyle Murray?  

This just sounds nuts and if any of this is true, it is what happens when you have a franchise that hasn't got a clue on how to run a team or how to fix one.

As bad as the decisions have been by Gettleman, I don't believe it's gotten this bad yet.  I do not want the Giants feeling that they must draft a quarterback from this class only to find themselves drafting another one next year.  We've already done this once with dropping a 3rd round qb, only to draft another one in the 4th round.  Those draft picks could have been used on offensive lineman.  

If the Cards are crazy enough to trade a highly rated quarterback in last years draft for much less value than what they drafted him, then sure take advantage of it.  Work out a deal with our 2nd rounder, at least this would allow us to use our first on a position of need and not feeling forced to draft a quarterback just because you think Eli isn't the answer.  Heck give Eli a one year extension, it would free up money this year, possibly even enough to take on the contract of Rosen.  This would allow Rosen a solid year to develop on the bench and provide us a quality backup should he not be ready the following year.

The idea of just trashing this season because you don't think Eli can get it done, I say check out his stats compared to the rest of the league.  His numbers aren't bad at all and if he had been given a better offensive line or a healthy receiving group, it's very likely his numbers would have been much better.  I don't understand this idea that this team is better off without Eli Manning just because it would save some money.  The problem is the front office has been and is currently making poor decisions that has gotten the team in the position that they are in.  A position that some of us are talking about wanting to tank or that the actual team is in fact tanking for draft picks.  It doesn't get much lower than that guys.

I'm really hoping that this franchise can figure it out soon and realize that they aren't playing madden football.  They continue down this rabbit hole, this team will be exactly where it was directed in a hole without any way out.  Rebuilding a team doesn't require the franchise to completely destroy it's name in the process.  This team name was something that a lot of players respected, not only for how they played the game but how they did business, how they treated their players before and even after they no longer played for the team.  These owners are destroying that name with everyone of these stupid transactions and trades they allow this general manager to make.  No one is going to want to play for a team.

Moving Vernon leaves us almost completely devoid of pass rushers. If the FO and coaching staff find only a minimal difference between Haskins and Rosen, I say trade the 2nd for Rosen and draft the best pass rusher you can at 6. Again, that is only if they like both QBs equally. If you like one more, you obviously go with your guy.

Archived