What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is my nightmare. New England getting the heir to Brady. I would get physically ill at the thought of a talented, young QB like Rosen as an understudy to Brady. Even if it's a 3-4 year apprenticeship, it would mean another decade of worrying about NE. 

I worry more about Bill Belichick still being there than an heir to Brady.  I think you worry so long as Bill is still the coach, regardless of who the QB is.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2019 at 10:53 AM, Danand said:

Teams are wasting rookies by throwing them into the fire when they have to lead bad teams.

Loads this.

If I can credit the current NYG team for anything it's recognising this (I think...). Sorting the OL out...slowly...getting an elite RB, they probably go after WRs and possibly QBOTF in this draft. If they drafted their perceived QBOTF last season, or the season before last, and threw him into that snake pit - he'd be billed as a 'bust'

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

Some have insisted that the Cardinals won’t get more than a third-round pick for quarterback Josh Rosen. They’ve reportedly already been offered a second-round pick for Rosen.

Joel Klatt, who serves as a college football and NFL draft analyst for FOX, identified on Wednesday three teams as being “very interested” in the 10th overall pick from 2018: The Patriots, the Giants, and the Chargers. Per Klatt, one of those teams already has offered a second-round pick for Rosen, the former UCLA quarterback. The Cardinals, according to Klatt, are holding firm for a first-round pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/report-cardinals-have-been-offered-a-second-round-pick-for-josh-rosen/

So Rosen, who was being discussed last year as a top 5 pick in the draft is now after a season with a horrible HC and offense is suddenly not even worth a 2nd round pick to a QB needy team like the Giants or Dolphins.

I know he didnt exactly set the world on fire last year, but I feel like a major part of that was due to his surroundings coupled with rookie growing pains

• Like 2

On 30/03/2019 at 6:36 AM, AkronsWitness said:

So Rosen, who was being discussed last year as a top 5 pick in the draft is now after a season with a horrible HC and offense is suddenly not even worth a 2nd round pick to a QB needy team like the Giants or Dolphins.

I know he didnt exactly set the world on fire last year, but I feel like a major part of that was due to his surroundings coupled with rookie growing pains

Exactly. I'd be delirious if ARZ traded him to us for a 2nd or even the late first. He was apparently worth moving up for in the draft, and a season behind a crappy OL with crappy coaching and a few technical issues doesn't change that.

Which is why they draft a pass rusher 1 overall.

Still think this might be the biggest smoke screen to drum up intrest for #1 overall pick/Murray then we've  seen in decades.

Once again, Why was Kingsbury even hired if Josh Rosen couldn't  or shouldn't be his FQBOTF? You telling me Keim hired him knowing Rosen might not fit his ststem?

That's absurd. Almost as much as giving Rosen away for anything less then a 1st. 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Still think this might be the biggest smoke screen to drum up intrest for #1 overall pick/Murray then we've  seen in decades.

Once again, Why was Kingsbury even hired if Josh Rosen couldn't  or shouldn't be his FQBOTF? You telling me Keim hired him knowing Rosen might not fit his ststem?

That's absurd. Almost as much as giving Rosen away for anything less then a 1st. 

Yeah I call smoke screen. It's also a fairly recent media narrative based on something Kliff said whilst at Texas, and he's ALWAYS gushing about players. The whole Murray to cards at 1 is shaky.

Wouldn't be too surprised either way though

I don't think this is a smokescreen at all. I believe they are all in, on Kyler Murray.

Why would a team alienate their QB publicly, only to be bluffing. Even if Rosen knew behind closed doors what the plan was.

Only to let down 1/2 the Cardinals fans who were so jazzed for Kyler Murray?  Only to be left holding the bag of a really crappy rookie season by Josh Rosen.

I mean, now that's a buzz kill. 

No, I believe they will take Kyler #1. I also believe they want good value returned for Rosen who was the #10 pick a season ago.

Unfortunately, all the publicity on Kyler, Rosen trades speculation has killed his trade value. 

Remember when my Redskins wanted RG3 & traded for him? 

But do you remember how early, the Redskins traded up to #2? It was like a Month or more. 

Do you remember why?

Because Andrew Luck was annoited king of the Earth by the Colts even before that & they were taking him #1.

Same as Cardinals are annointing Kyler Murray.

Had the Cards been swift & quiet about dealing Rosen, they probably could have received a 1st.

Now, they'll get 3rd rounder & a player when it's all said & done.

And they can't or won't keep him. Not now...

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't think this is a smokescreen at all. I believe they are all in, on Kyler Murray.

Why would a team alienate their QB publicly, only to be bluffing. Even if Rosen knew behind closed doors what the plan was.

Only to let down 1/2 the Cardinals fans who were so jazzed for Kyler Murray?  Only to be left holding the bag of a really crappy rookie season by Josh Rosen.

I mean, now that's a buzz kill. 

No, I believe they will take Kyler #1. I also believe they want good value returned for Rosen who was the #10 pick a season ago.

Unfortunately, all the publicity on Kyler, Rosen trades speculation has killed his trade value. 

Remember when my Redskins wanted RG3 & traded for him? 

But do you remember how early, the Redskins traded up to #2? It was like a Month or more. 

Do you remember why?

Because Andrew Luck was annoited king of the Earth by the Colts even before that & they were taking him #1.

Same as Cardinals are annointing Kyler Murray.

Had the Cards been swift & quiet about dealing Rosen, they probably could have received a 1st.

Now, they'll get 3rd rounder & a player when it's all said & done.

And they can't or won't keep him. Not now...

He’s saying the same things about Rosen it’s just not being reported nationally.  

He needs to understand we are in this together and I want him to know he kind of has the keys to the castle and let's build this deal as a group," Kingsbury said, according to the Cardinals' team website. "Make sure he is comfortable with what we are doing, if he doesn't like something that is going on with this offense or the way I'm coaching it, let's talk about it and come up with the best answer. When (the QBs) have that type of ownership, it goes a long way."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-kliff-kingsbury-reaffirms-commitment-to-josh-rosen-he-has-the-keys-to-the-castle/

"Yeah, I think you focus on what you can control and Josh knows our feelings on him and that hasn't changed. He's a tremendous talent. Had some tough adversity to fight through last year with some injuries up front, but I thought competed his tail off and worked hard and I'm excited about his future."

"Yeah, I've talked to Josh and he understands it's a business and what all goes with the first pick and what's going on."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/03/25/josh-rosen-kyler-murray-rumors-kliff-kingsbury-arizona-cardinals-quarterback-nfl-draft/3267146002/

We take a lot of pride building the system around the quarterback, so saying he doesn’t fit the system, it doesn’t make sense,” he said.

As for what Rosen has to offer, Kingsbury thinks “there’s a lot to work with.”

He called Rosen “a tremendous thinker, very cerebral,” and noted he “can throw it with anybody.”

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27/josh-rosen-fit-az-arizona-cardinals-kliff-kingsbury/

Not that Kingsbury is worried that Rosen could be derailed by such talk.

“Have you been around Josh?” Kingsbury said. “I don’t think he needs help with the confidence factor. He’s a confident young man, and that’s what you love about him. He’s got very thick skin. All of this kind of falls off his back and he’s ready to go prove what he can do.”

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/kliff-kingsbury-talking-josh-rosen-kyler-murray-but-more-draft-info-needed

He said some of Rosen’s best football in college came in a spread offense that is similar to what the Cardinals will run. He once again lauded Rosen’s toughness and said played his best football late in the season.

As for the rumors, he said, “as a quarterback in this league, you’ve got to have thick skin and you understand the circus that comes along with this position.”

He believes Rosen has that and knows his confidence isn’t being shaken with the chatter.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27/josh-rosen-fit-az-arizona-cardinals-kliff-kingsbury/

• Like 1

Make sure he is comfortable with what we are doing, if he doesn't like something that is going on with this offense or the way I'm coaching it, let's talk about it and come up with the best answer.

Cringe.  Imagine having to tiptoe around your whiny *** entitled QB like this.  

Feel even worse for the fans forced to root for a personality like his.

• Like 1