What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Is that a sign of a bad player, or an inept FO? You tell me.

I can agree to this, which tells me that it's not Rosen.

1.  Both.  Not necessarily a bad player, but not a good one.  I think Rosen's main problem isn't talent, it's that most people that get to know him don't like him.  

2.  Also, Adam Schefter is basically staking his reputation that Murray is the pick.  That guys is pretty plugged in of late so I believe him.  

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

1.  Both.  Not necessarily a bad player, but not a good one.  I think Rosen's main problem isn't talent, it's that most people that get to know him don't like him.  

Can we really validate this? I mean, yeah - there are people who are rubbed the wrong way by him. But there's another side to this coin, the players on UCLA who completely vouched for Rosen as a player and a leader. Heck, even now - with all the rumors around a trade - Kliff Kingsbury has went out of his way to praise Rosen this off-season:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/04/23/cardinals-kliff-kingsbury-continues-heap-praise-josh-rosen/3555752002/

This could be to boost his trade value, it could be to repair a fractured relationship, or it could be genuine. We don't really know.

So I'm not sure if this talk of people not liking him is holdover from his UCLA days, magnified by this trade talk; I'm always the type to say "where there's smoke, there's fire," but I don't know if we're talking about a controlled burn or a forest fire in this case.

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

2.  Also, Adam Schefter is basically staking his reputation that Murray is the pick.  That guys is pretty plugged in of late so I believe him.

I'll put it like this - the Cardinals could very well select Murray and trade Rosen this Thursday. If they do, they are in line for an 0-16 season (because it's not like Murray is going to do any better with that Arizona offense) and somebody just got a top 10 QB for peanuts and will look incredibly smart in 2-3 years.

I just hope it's not the Patriots.

Just now, ET80 said:

Can we really validate this?

I don't know.  I will use the scientific method.

Image result for josh rosen

Yup.  

Just now, ET80 said:

I just hope it's not the Patriots.

Ugh.  Somehow he would rewrite the record books with UDFA WRs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don't know.  I will use the scientific method.

Image result for josh rosen

Yup.  

If I judged people by how their face looked, I'd hate a lot more people than I do now, and I already hate a lot of people...

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If I judged people by how their face looked, I'd hate a lot more people than I do now, and I already hate a lot of people...

Although in his defense, sometimes this law works:

giphy.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, let me show you exhibit A, the "Gabe from the Office" rule. When taking irritating body language AND face into consideration, this is possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Although in his defense, sometimes this law works:

giphy.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, let me show you exhibit A, the "Gabe from the Office" rule. When taking irritating body language AND face into consideration, this is possible.

Image result for brie larson thank you very much

Thank you VERY much.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

- He was a rookie QB who only started seven games.

- He was playing behind the worst OL in the league, one that lost all five starters to season ending injuries. (Yes, all five starters).

- A 36 year old WR as his #1 target. His #2 target was a rookie 2nd round pick. His #3 target is a RB who can't stay heathly. His #4 target was an undrafted WR who was moved to TE.

- His OC was fired mid season because he was stuck in the 90s, and was replaced by a QB coach who has zero experience as a coordinator. 

- His HC was a defensive minded guy who was fired after 16 games. 

If you think ANY QB can overcome that mess of a situation, you're kidding yourself. There might be one guy (Brady) who could perform well under this situation and that's about it. People trying to judge him off of that season either have a personal gripe against him or seriously don't understand how dysfunctional the Cardinals were last season.

My post isn't a knock on Rosen its on the organization that drafted him and now think they should get the same vaule for him. Once again his contract and numbers have nothing to do with what I'd give up for him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

My post isn't a knock on Rosen its on the organization that drafted him and now think they should get the same vaule for him. Once again his contract and numbers have nothing to do with what I'd give up for him. 

That's fair.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

- He was a rookie QB who only started seven games

Not disputing your overall point but this sounded weird to me so I checked. Unless I messed up, he played in 14 games and started 13 of those. He played 83% of the total QB snaps for the season.

22 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Not disputing your overall point but this sounded weird to me so I checked. Unless I messed up, he played in 14 games and started 13 of those. He played 83% of the total QB snaps for the season.

Sorry, got my figures off. I guess my point was that the game plan was to sit him this season and go with Sam Bradford, but that plan was nixed because Sam Bradford...well, is Sam Bradford.

• Like 1

Everyone who suggest the Cardinals should wait until camp and trade him once a team's QB gets injured, "Look it works for the Eagles sending Bradford to the Vikings".

Bradford had years of experience at this point as a starter who was a former #1 pick. 
Rosen on the other hand has started 7 games, looked bad for the most part even if it wasn't all on him, and was the 4th QB taken in his draft class. There's no way that if Rosen is going to be good enough to carry your team to the playoffs, yet. That's why the Vikings were so desperate. Bradford did have that ability and experience to back that up. Rosen has shown neither. It's in the Cardinals best interest to trade Rosen straight up for a 2 between now and the draft.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'll put it like this - the Cardinals could very well select Murray and trade Rosen this Thursday. If they do, they are in line for an 0-16 season (because it's not like Murray is going to do any better with that Arizona offense) and somebody just got a top 10 QB for peanuts and will look incredibly smart in 2-3 years.

Image result for darth belichick

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Yes, all that is true, but you can't get around fact that they changed all that and are still willing to spend no. 1 overall pick on a QB that isn't him.

This has been poorly played by AZ no matter their intentions.

AZ will look like lunatics if they use a 1st rd pick on a QB in 2018, then use a 1st rd pick on a QB in 2019. You just don't do that...totally reduces Rosen's trade value. 

• Like 1

Just now, FinSting said:

AZ will look like lunatics if they use a 1st rd pick on a QB in 2018, then use a 1st rd pick on a QB in 2019. You just don't do that...totally reduces Rosen's trade value. 

Nailing your colors to 'won't select Murray'? I agree with the above but I can't get it certain in my mind that they pass on KM