What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just can’t see why any team would look at the available options and think “yeah I’d rather burn this first rounder on Drew Lock or Daniel Jones than Josh Rosen”.

Murray and Haskins I guess I get, or can at least understand why someone would prefer them, but the other two?  Not so much.

There’s nothing special about josh Rosen as a prospect.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just can’t see why any team would look at the available options and think “yeah I’d rather burn this first rounder on Drew Lock or Daniel Jones than Josh Rosen”.

Murray and Haskins I guess I get, or can at least understand why someone would prefer them, but the other two?  Not so much.

Because teams over value draft picks.  If Rosen had shown anything it would be a different story.  The knocks on him in 2018 were arm strength and decision making ( add poor mobility and inaccurate on the move).  Did he do anything to change those assessments?  I am honestly asking as I did not watch Rosen at all.

"He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL Executive

Edited by jebrick

7 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Because teams over value draft picks.  If Rosen had shown anything it would be a different story.  The knocks on him in 2018 were arm strength and decision making ( add poor mobility and inaccurate on the move).  Did he do anything to change those assessments?  I am honestly asking as I did not watch Rosen at all.

I don't think anyone could look at th surrounding cast/coaching he was stuck with and make an assessment either way. 

I'd challenge anyone to find a QB who would look even remotely decent with that Cardinals offense. It was expansion level bad.

• Like 1

Just now, jebrick said:

I’m not going to pretend I saw him play much, but it’s hard to hold his rookie season, especially with that supporting cast around him, against him.

If you trade for him, you’re doing so based on your predraft eval as much as anything imo.

Also, even though he didn’t light the world on fire, he’s far from the first rookie to struggle at times and plenty have made massive leaps year 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Josh Rosen Daniel Jones and Drew Lock are at this moment in time all equally as likely to succeed in the NFL but Josh Rosen can likely be had for less.

That’s a fair way of looking at it tbh.

If it were my job on the line I’d much rather hitch my wagon to Rosen than the other two tho, even if the cost were the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s a fair way of looking at it tbh.

If it were my job on the line I’d much rather hitch my wagon to Rosen than the other two tho, even if the cost were the same.

Which is why they should lowball the Cards for Rosen and the Cards should keep him even if they draft Murray.  But at some point they need to cut and run.  His stock only goes down after this draft ( if they draft Murray).

17 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Which is why they should lowball the Cards for Rosen and the Cards should keep him even if they draft Murray.  But at some point they need to cut and run.  His stock only goes down after this draft ( if they draft Murray).

Absolutely they should not. 

As soon as they started putting Rosen on the trade block, they made it apparent that Rosen wasn't their guy. It's a failed marriage.

Just now, Danger said:

Absolutely they should not. 

As soon as they started putting Rosen on the trade block, they made it apparent that Rosen wasn't their guy. It's a failed marriage.

Then they should accept the 3rd or 4th rounder if offered.  I really am in agreement with you.  If the Cards feel that it is a high 2nd rounder or higher then it is their gamble that the best offer is lower.  They can keep him ( as they have said) but that is a lot of money tied up for nothing.

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Then they should accept the 3rd or 4th rounder if offered.  I really am in agreement with you.  If the Cards feel that it is a high 2nd rounder or higher then it is their gamble that the best offer is lower.  They can keep him ( as they have said) but that is a lot of money tied up for nothing.

Fact is, if they can't move him for immediate draft capital, then his value sinks tremendously. He's not going to command more assets my not playing. And waiting a year for the return also diminishes value. It's now or never.

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Yeah he’s gotta be moved in the next couple days or I could see a huge hit in his value.

Perhaps a team that missed out on their guy this year may be willing to toss a high pick in 2020 at the Cards next week, but ideally they need to get a deal done sooner rather than later.

Starting to get the feeling they’re not taking Murray tbh (which means the announcements that Murray is the pick should start flooding in any second).