What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s gotta be moved in the next couple days or I could see a huge hit in his value.

Perhaps a team that missed out on their guy this year may be willing to toss a high pick in 2020 at the Cards next week, but ideally they need to get a deal done sooner rather than later.

Starting to get the feeling they’re not taking Murray tbh (which means the announcements that Murray is the pick should start flooding in any second).

I'd give them a 2020 2nd round pick immediately. As the last posters have said his vaule is only gonna decrease. Keeping Rosen and Murray doesn't help them get more value at all. They are really playing themselves if they truly are taking Murray. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd give them a 2020 2nd round pick immediately. As the last posters have said his vaule is only gonna decrease. Keeping Rosen and Murray doesn't help them get more value at all. They are really playing themselves if they truly are taking Murray. 

I disagree. If they keep Rosen and he does great in the preseason his value will be where good qbs always are. When Murray goes down from injury and he takes over and looks good, teams will give up what they need to to get him. Teams crave good qbs. I think people in here just plain don’t like him and are posting with prejudice. 

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I disagree. If they keep Rosen and he does great in the preseason his value will be where good qbs always are. When Murray goes down from injury and he takes over and looks good, teams will give up what they need to to get him. Teams crave good qbs. I think people in here just plain don’t like him and are posting with prejudice. 

Preseason can do very little to improve his stock. Keep in mind, he'd be playing against the backups. He'd have to absolutely dominate. I doubt he's going to be able to put up big enough numbers to do so. 

Any team trading for Rosen in the preseason is going to be one looking for a young QB and by then most teams will have filled their QB voids. Fewer buyers, less value. Unless he's traded in the next 27 hours. Arizona is screwing themselves.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I disagree. They will not get a 1st round pick for this guy. Wish I could really Bet on this!!! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I disagree. They will not get a 1st round pick for this guy. Wish I could really Bet on this!!! 

Same. I will sig bet anyone that Josh Rosen (If traded) will earn no more than a 2nd round pick tops. His value will decrease as time goes on.

On 3/9/2019 at 10:31 PM, nextsuperstar1 said:

I see Rosen as worth a late second round pick based on this market. A draft pick loses value as soon as he is picked, unless he really lights it up as a rookie. Rosen had a bad rookie season, the rebuilding teams who need QBs are going to take college QBs, and the good teams who need QBs are going to take someone who can step in and produce. 

I am sticking with this take. Draft picks lose value as soon as they are drafted. His value might reach third round level even. 

Edited by nextsuperstar1

I don't think Rosen is worth anything more than a late round pick. People want to think he's like Steve Young in TB, but he's moreso Jimmy Clausen: arrogant, spoiled brat that lacks leadership skills and a desire for continuous improvement. Arizona wouldn't have drafted Murray if Rosen had any promise.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

I am sticking with this take. Draft picks lose value as soon as they are drafted. His value might reach third round level even. 

I would say they lose value once they play an NFL game and only if they do not do well.  I say that because most of the players drafted are projected from their college careers.  Once he does not "appear" to improve, anyone who doubted him will feel vindicated.   The Cards are over a barrel on this one and it sounded like their FO dropped the ball by not working the phones for a trade.

Edited by jebrick

Well we know Murray wasn’t a smoke screen and we know they couldn’t get a 2019 first round pick for Rosen.

Washington who was their best bet took a rookie QB so they are out.  

Value is rapidly dropping.  Maybe a team with an aging QB. 

I realize Rosen isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but wouldn’t pretty much everyone have rather had Rosen than Jones if you’re the Giants??

I mean, send the package of picks you used on Baker and they could have added Allen and Lawrence to that front 7 AND got a better QB imo.

Just now, CP3MVP said:

All 3 are garbage. What’s your point. 

I guess they could have paid far less for a garbage QB?  

16 hours ago, Danger said:

Preseason can do very little to improve his stock. Keep in mind, he'd be playing against the backups. He'd have to absolutely dominate. I doubt he's going to be able to put up big enough numbers to do so. 

Any team trading for Rosen in the preseason is going to be one looking for a young QB and by then most teams will have filled their QB voids. Fewer buyers, less value. Unless he's traded in the next 27 hours. Arizona is screwing themselves.

Yep, f spot on.

Every moment that passes - his value goes down. Teams know they need to trade him, so ALL 31 other teams actually hold the cards (no pun...heyyy) now. It may still work out - they could play two needy teams off eachother, but who now actually needs Rosen? ARZ should wait for an injury now to maximise value. What are they doing?!

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yep, f spot on.

Every moment that passes - his value goes down. Teams know they need to trade him, so ALL 31 other teams actually hold the cards (no pun...heyyy) now. It may still work out - they could play two needy teams off eachother, but who now actually needs Rosen? ARZ should wait for an injury now to maximise value. What are they doing?!

At this point they may be better holding on to him and seeing if a QB goes down in the preseason and look for a pick in ‘20 a la the Eagles with Bradford.

Granted he’s not an established starter like Bradford was, but he’s likely a better option than what will be available then.

This is always the low point value wise for veterans as teams overvalue picks right now.  That dynamic shifts as the season approaches, needs arise, jobs are on the line and options are limited.