What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

4 minutes ago, patman said:

Well there is the rub. You see him as something more than I think the rest of the league does.  

And I think it's a logical conclusion - you can't look at any player in a vacuum, save for Brady. Supporting casts make or break a QB.

Josh Rosen had arguably the worst supporting cast in Arizona, a supporting cast that elite, veteran QBs couldn't win on. Expecting him to look better with that surrounding him isn't a fair look. 

But, if I'm on an island...so be it.

If I were a general manager I wouldn't pay more than a third-round pick and I would say his value is between a third and fourth round pick. The issue with Josh Rosen is in my opinion that he is a guy that should not have been a starter out of the gate but was catapulted into one because of lack of options on the team. Sitting behind someone like Tom Brady would absolutely help his career. Having said that his rookie season did nothing but hurt his value

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I do, actually. Calling the Steve Wilks led Cardinals a dumpster fire is an insult to dumpster fires all over the world. The OL was a disaster, your #1 WR is a 36 year old who was slow by WR standards when he was 28, your expensive RB was always hurt, and you had absolutely nothing at TE or on the WR depth chart past your slow 36 year old WR. The defense was good, but that offense was historically bad.

There is not a QB - living or dead - that could win more than five games on that team. Brady would probably get the closest, might get 5-11 out of that. 

Brady wouldn’t have made it thru the season.  The entire projected starting OL ended up on IR. 

Even when they were healthy Bradford was absolute crap.  Just a piss poor job by Keim relying on injury prone OL.

32 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Brady wouldn’t have made it thru the season.  The entire projected starting OL ended up on IR. 

Even when they were healthy Bradford was absolute crap.  Just a piss poor job by Keim relying on injury prone OL.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time the Arizona Cardinals had a really good offense of line in my opinion was when they went to the Super Bowl with Kurt Warner. Ever since then hasn't this seemingly been the case where they were trying to kick the tires with injury-prone offense of lineman and forcing people into starting positions that might not belong there. Josh Rosen has the ability in my opinion to potentially be a good NFL quarterback but he wasn't ready to be I starter out of the gate in my opinion like I said above and when you throw that on top of the fact that the offensive line even if it were healthy wasn't very good I mean you put the guy in a lose-lose situation

As a Steeler fan, I would love for us to take a chance to him for the right price.    However, I think they will want more than anyone is willing to trade.    

IMO, they are better off giving him another year unless someone offers a first rounder....which wont happen.  

This might be the biggest smoke screen I've seen in a long time. Rosen isnt going anywhere, nor should  he. Least of all for Murray unless blown away with a stupid type deal.

What they are doing is marketing  the #1 pick, making teams believe Murray "might" be their choice. How else do you increase the value for a trade up/back?

If in one offseason  They fire their HC and Trade their 1st rd Pick that was sold to the masses as the FQBOTF. Klein too should  be fired!!!! Period, point blank without hesitation!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

This might be the biggest smoke screen I've seen in a long time. Rosen isnt going anywhere, nor should  he. Least of all for Murray unless blown away with a stupid type deal.

What they are doing is marketing  the #1 pick, making teams believe Murray "might" be their choice. How else do you increase the value for a trade up/back?

If in one offseason  They fire their HC and Trade their 1st rd Pick that was sold to the masses as the FQBOTF. Klein too should  be fired!!!! Period, point blank without hesitation!

This is a good take. I had considered it a smokescreen but given that it almost seemed like Washington had a deal in place, I allowed myself to believe it wasn't and that they really did want Murray.

But yeah, this is a good take.

14 hours ago, Danger said:

No higher than a 2nd round pick. He was by far the most disappointing of the Rookie QBs due to supposedly being the most pro ready. David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald don't make for a lack of weapons.

If DJ went out on routes other than a flat route that would have been nice. Worse oline + terrible coaching es no bueno for a rookie. Even Baker played significantly better with a better coach.

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

5.- Giants - Apparently going to roll with Manning one more year.

lol I hope so.

Rosen is worth a 1st round pick. Outside of the top 10. If a team like the Giants were to acquire him, I think it would look like this:

for

Rosen & Arizona's 2019 2nd round pick.

14 hours ago, Danger said:

No higher than a 2nd round pick. He was by far the most disappointing of the Rookie QBs due to supposedly being the most pro ready. David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald don't make for a lack of weapons.

Mike McCoy was not doing the team any favors. The way he was using David Johnson was atrocious. 

40 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The hate for Rosen is almost Goff like after his Rookie year, It's borderline absurd.

Yup. He's not nearly as bad as some are making him out to be. He was in a horrid situation and is a young dude. He has plenty of time to turn it around and I'd expect that he will. He was, and still is, a very talented QB prospect.