What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

The time last year, everybody thought he was going top 5 (regardless whether you liked him) in a stacked QB class. Rosen is a pocket passer, who played behind the worst offensive line assembled in modern NFL history (taking injuries into consideration), on a talent strapped team that was so badly coached they canned the head guy after one season. One year later and you think he’s only worth a 3rd round pick? With the most expensive year of a rookie deal already paid out? A QB on a rookie deal is the greatest luxury any team could have. He would literally cost 13m over the next three years and you can pick up the 5th year of his contract for no biggie. The Bengals are lined up to pay Andy Dalton 34m over the next two season, for comparison. Plenty of rookie QBs have had bad first seasons and gone onto become great quarterbacks.

It’s smart for teams like Dolphins and Redskins to say they’re not interested at this stage, but they would be insane not to be considering they’ve already shot their lot at that position. What are their other options exactly? If the Pats spent their 1st on him, I would be beyond happy.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

This might be the biggest smoke screen I've seen in a long time. Rosen isnt going anywhere, nor should  he. Least of all for Murray unless blown away with a stupid type deal.

What they are doing is marketing  the #1 pick, making teams believe Murray "might" be their choice. How else do you increase the value for a trade up/back?

If in one offseason  They fire their HC and Trade their 1st rd Pick that was sold to the masses as the FQBOTF. Klein too should  be fired!!!! Period, point blank without hesitation!

This could very well be true.  Also might be true that new coach wants his guy to groom.  

38 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Rosen is a pocket passer, who played behind the worst offensive line assembled in modern NFL history (taking injuries into consideration), on a talent strapped team that was so badly coached they canned the head guy after one season

Indeed.
And veteran QB Sam Bradford did no better with that same OL and coaching. The poor showing is not all on Rosen
OverTheCap has an article out talking about why the Cards should draft Murray and goes on to suggest that if the Cards don't see good trade value now, they can develop him a bit more and try to increase his value - since its dirt cheap to keep him as noted above

https://overthecap.com/why-the-cardinals-should-draft-a-quarterback/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Where does this come from? I think he handled everything fine last year. The only thing annoying about him is he cares a lot about the environment and stuff like that. 

That's his biggest issue? JFC, send the 2nd round pick Skins.

21 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Some info from Warren Sharp. It's not to say that Rosen will definitely succeed with another team, but it's pretty clear that he was put in a horrible situation for his rookie season.

Still had a higher rating than Bradford. #smallvictories 

Despite the hate (alot from people who probably never watched him), he has plenty of upside left.     Not saying he will become anything special or even good at all, but I dont see the point in giving up on him so quickly.   

• Like 4

On 3/5/2019 at 10:28 AM, goldfishwars said:

The time last year, everybody thought he was going top 5 (regardless whether you liked him) in a stacked QB class. Rosen is a pocket passer, who played behind the worst offensive line assembled in modern NFL history (taking injuries into consideration), on a talent strapped team that was so badly coached they canned the head guy after one season. One year later and you think he’s only worth a 3rd round pick? With the most expensive year of a rookie deal already paid out? A QB on a rookie deal is the greatest luxury any team could have. He would literally cost 13m over the next three years and you can pick up the 5th year of his contract for no biggie. The Bengals are lined up to pay Andy Dalton 34m over the next two season, for comparison. Plenty of rookie QBs have had bad first seasons and gone onto become great quarterbacks.

It’s smart for teams like Dolphins and Redskins to say they’re not interested at this stage, but they would be insane not to be considering they’ve already shot their lot at that position. What are their other options exactly? If the Pats spent their 1st on him, I would be beyond happy.

How many QB needy teams have functional Olines ready to go? He'll be David Carr'd before you can get one together

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

For every Jared goff there are 15 other rookie QBs who sucked and continued to suck for the rest of their careers. And let’s be honest we still have no idea how good Jared actually is

Dont think many people would dispute that, but you also shouldnt give up on a 22 year old QB you drafted in the top 10 less than a year ago.

Even if Rosen was a guy I felt was a complete bust, I would still think its stupid to give up on him so quickly....especially in a weak QB draft and FA class.    The rumor is they are considering Kyler Murray at 1.   Disregarding my feelings about Murray, at the very least, why not keep both for at least a year and have them compete?    Then you have two young QBs with potential trying to outdo each other.   

50 minutes ago, tab said:

How many QB needy teams have functional Olines ready to go? He'll be David Carr'd before you can get one together

There are a handful of teams with ageing QBs who have decent to good Olines and could use a replacement within a few years.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tab said:

Steelers could have him sit behind Ben a couple years.   

We wont trade for him, but I wouldnt mind us giving him a chance.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Steelers could have him sit behind Ben a couple years.   

We wont trade for him, but I wouldnt mind us giving him a chance.    

I would easily give up our 2nd for him, but our first might be better spent on a LB or DB if there's one that can come in and help us push for a SB within the next two years.

• Like 1