What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm already on record that Klien should be fired on the spot if in one offseason  he fired his HC and traded away his 1st rd pick FQB he sold to the masses just 12 months ago. 

However If THIS IDIOT sells said FQB that they traded up to get mind you using 2 extra picks last year "For Anything  Less" then a 1st let alone the absurd notion a 3rd, He should  never ever be allowed in a NFL Facility again. Period!

You say that now but if Kyler becomes a star and Rosen becomes a bust then this trade will look genius in hindsight. Look at the Browns trading Trent Richardson one year later. I think most would agree that the Browns made a good move there.

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

You say that now but if Kyler becomes a star and Rosen becomes a bust then this trade will look genius in hindsight. Look at the Browns trading Trent Richardson one year later. I think most would agree that the Browns made a good move there.

they did get their first round pick back though

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

The Browns got a 1st out of Richardson, so that should be the baseline for a top 10 pick. 

The Cardinals gave up assets to get Rosen - so the actual cost to recoup is the 1st from the pick + the picks used to trade up. 

Rosen has the value, so this should be the asking price (from a competent GM, which I'm starting to think is lacking in Arizona).

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The Browns got a 1st out of Richardson, so that should be the baseline for a top 10 pick. 

The Cardinals gave up assets to get Rosen - so the actual cost to recoup is the 1st from the pick + the picks used to trade up. 

Rosen has the value, so this should be the asking price (from a competent GM, which I'm starting to think is lacking in Arizona).

Not arguing that the Cardinals shouldn't (or at least try to) get a first round pick, I think they have leverage and if they get #15 from Washington lets say, that's a good trade if the new regime wants Kyler as their guy. But back to the Richardson thing, would it still have been deemed a bad trade if they only got a 2nd? Richardson wasn't good after they moved him. It was a hit on their initial investment, but that's a sunk cost. 

I would give Keim credit for being able to cut his losses early if it turns out that Rosen busts and Kyler hits.

Edited by jetjuice
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

But back to the Richardson thing, would it still have been deemed a bad trade if they only got a 2nd? Richardson wasn't good after they moved him. It was a hit on their initial investment, but that's a sunk cost. 

I would give Keim credit for being able to cut his losses early if it turns out that Rosen busts and Kyler hits.

That's actually a fair way to look at it. I guess my view is with the belief that Rosen is actually a very good QB. But this is a valid viewpoint.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's actually a fair way to look at it. I guess my view is with the belief that Rosen is actually a very good QB. But this is a valid viewpoint.

And mine is with the belief that Rosen isn't good lol, I didn't like him last year other.

Cards are in a tough spot. It's hard to evaluate Rosen off last year, he was in a bad situation. But Kyler truly is a perfect fit for Kliff. If I were the Cardinals I'd try to sell high now.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yup. I think Rosen is better than Murray as a prospect but if the Cardinals saw enough signs that Rosen wasn't the guy and moved on, I would applaud them for that. I defended the Richardson trade for the exact same reason (which about 80% of fans thought was stupid by the Browns and basically got their FO fired).

Edited by Teen Girl Squad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I can't imagine they would give him up for anything less than an early second or late first. This third round pick price point is nonsense.

Yeah Keim loves Rosen and has no reason to move on unless they get blown away.  We’re not taking Rosen vs Murray.  We’re talking Rosen and an elite defensive prospect vs Murray.

19 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Yeah Keim loves Rosen and has no reason to move on unless they get blown away.  We’re not taking Rosen vs Murray.  We’re talking Rosen and an elite defensive prospect vs Murray.

vs. Murray and whatever they'd get back for Rosen (i.e. #15 from Washington). Would you rather have Murray and let's say Jonah Williams or Rosen and Bosa?

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

How many years ago now though? Times have changed on the front of the trade market.

That market correction would devalue RBs, but probably overvalue QBs. I'd honestly call it a wash, all things considered.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That market correction would devalue RBs, but probably overvalue QBs. I'd honestly call it a wash, all things considered.

Honestly a gut feeling, but I no way shape or form see Rosen fetching a 1st round pick.