What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

34 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

vs. Murray and whatever they'd get back for Rosen (i.e. #15 from Washington). Would you rather have Murray and let's say Jonah Williams or Rosen and Bosa?

I would go Rosen + Bosa > Rosen + trade down > Murray + #15

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Do you not like Murray or still have faith in Rosen?

I have faith in Rosen but don’t love him.  The coaching and OL quality was so bad that he had a rookie play caller street OL starters for the majority of his season.  He definitely proved his toughness not missing a start and that was a question mark coming out.  

Rosen doesn’t look big but he measured 6.4” 226 with 10” hands and was younger coming out than Murray.  He survived the hits but it affected his accuracy.  It’s on the Cards to fix that.  

People talk about our bad OL and Murray’s quickness but Russell Wilson is top-5 in sacks every year and Kyler will be playing in the 190’s.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 1:58 PM, DirtyDez said:

People talk about our bad OL and Murray’s quickness but Russell Wilson is top-5 in sacks every year and Kyler will be playing in the 190’s.

Russ also holds the ball exceptionally long (by design, this isn't an indictment).

Murray and Rosen should be holding the ball for far less on average.

I see Rosen as worth a late second round pick based on this market. A draft pick loses value as soon as he is picked, unless he really lights it up as a rookie. Rosen had a bad rookie season, the rebuilding teams who need QBs are going to take college QBs, and the good teams who need QBs are going to take someone who can step in and produce. 

Edited by nextsuperstar1

48 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

I see Rosen as worth a late second round pick based on this market. A draft pick loses value as soon as he is picked, unless he really lights it up as a rookie. Rosen had a bad rookie season, the rebuilding teams who need QBs are going to take college QBs, and the good teams who need QBs are going to take someone who can step in and produce. 

If the Cards trade Rosen it will be for nothing less than what they paid for him.  Contrary to the rumors they aren’t in desperation mode and are not going to dump him.  

35 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

If the Cards trade Rosen it will be for nothing less than what they paid for him.  Contrary to the rumors they aren’t in desperation mode and are not going to dump him.  

If the Cards trade him it’s because they do not believe he is the franchise quarterback and they believe someone else is that franchise QB. If the GM who drafted Rosen does not believe Rosen is a franchise QB, why should someone else give up the most valuable asset in the game (a top ten pick) for him? That’s not how this league works. No GM in his right mind is trading a top ten pick for Rosen. 

That’s not to say the Cards WILL trade him. Just they will be unable to get back what they used to draft him. 

52 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The most valuable aspect of him is his contract, if you draft Murray, Rosen becomes a depreciating asset since he won't be playing.

17 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

If the Cards trade him it’s because they do not believe he is the franchise quarterback and they believe someone else is that franchise QB. If the GM who drafted Rosen does not believe Rosen is a franchise QB, why should someone else give up the most valuable asset in the game (a top ten pick) for him? That’s not how this league works. No GM in his right mind is trading a top ten pick for Rosen. 

That’s not to say the Cards WILL trade him. Just they will be unable to get back what they used to draft him. 

Keim loves Rosen and believes he’s the franchise QB but everyone has a price.  If a team wants to offer something significant then they will consider it.  

5 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Keim loves Rosen and believes he’s the franchise QB but everyone has a price.  If a team wants to offer something significant then they will consider it.  

If the believe they have a true franchise quarterback (and by that I mean a consistent pro bowl caliber player), then he will not trade Rosen regardless of the offer. Pro bowl caliber QBs do not get traded unless there is already a PROVEN pro bowl caliber player on the roster.

I know you could say Drew Brees, but Brees was traded because SD was convinced he was not the franchise QB and was convinced that Rivers was the franchise. 

3 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

If the believe they have a true franchise quarterback (and by that I mean a consistent pro bowl caliber player), then he will not trade Rosen regardless of the offer. Pro bowl caliber QBs do not get traded unless there is already a PROVEN pro bowl caliber player on the roster.

I know you could say Drew Brees, but Brees was traded because SD was convinced he was not the franchise QB and was convinced that Rivers was the franchise. 

As long as you’ve gone over it with him there’s no downside in listening.  And right now “listening” is being reported as “shopping”.

17 hours ago, famousj said:

I think Rosen is worth a mid-first round pick.   Lookout for Cincinnati to make a pitch for Rosen.  I don't believe the new coaching staff in Cincinnati is looking to Andy Dalton as their  franchise QB.  

I'd give up pick 42. Not 11.

Edited by SmittyBacall

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'd give up pick 42. Not 11.

The question is why would Rosen's value be low. He was a 1st rounder last year and had no weapons and OL. The teams that were high on him last year should still be high on him.