What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

Honestly, if I'm the Chargers then I'd be giving up 28 for him. At worst he will be a premier backup in the short term on a very team friendly salary. Plus he has the 5th year option. Will Rivers be around for at least another 3-4 years, injury free?? Who knows. But I don't expect LAC to be picking high enough in the next 3-4 years to get an adequate replacement for Rivers. A no-brainer to me.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:16 PM, BucShot said:

The most valuable aspect of him is his contract, if you draft Murray, Rosen becomes a depreciating asset since he won't be playing.

Exactly.  Last year he was worth pick 10 to at least one team.  Since then one of his cheap contract years is gone and he ya played poorly.  I think a late first to mid second is reasonable compensation.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A third?  Hell for that price I hope Cleveland lands him.  

Let him back up Baker and eventually move him in a few years for picks.

A third rounder is absurdly low imo.

I agree.  If they're looking for a third, there's no way some team doesn't pounce on that.  You can't judge a QB accurately by their rookie season, and some teams will definitely still think he has potential.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Even with the Keenum trade, I can still see the Skins giving up their 2nd. 

Somebody will give up a 2nd for him. Too much potential still in a terrible QB class.

Any team that gives up anything more than a 3rd round pick especially if this deal happens after Murray is selected are foolish IMO. The Cardinals are the team picking QBs in the 1st round of the draft back to back, not the team trading for Rosen. Rosen potential may say 1st or 2nd round pick, but being the Cardinals are the one selling him, I'm looking to get him a sellers value. So here I'll take Rosen and you take this 3rd round pick and Murray. 

Edited by Skins212689

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Any team that gives up anything more than a 3rd round pick especially if this deal happens after Murray is selected are foolish IMO. The Cardinals are the team picking QBs in the 1st round of the draft back to back, not the team trading for Rosen. Rosen potential may say 1st or 2nd round pick, but being the Cardinals are the one selling him, I'm looking to get him a sellers value. So here I'll take Rosen and you take this 3rd round pick and Murray. 

You're  smoking the good stuff if you think Rosen will be traded for a 3rd. If he is as mentioned before, Klien should be fired on the spot for his complete and utter ineptitude on display the past 12 months! Fired on the spot!

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're  smoking the good stuff if you think Rosen will be traded for a 3rd. If he is as mentioned before, Klien should be fired on the spot for his complete and utter ineptitude on display the past 12 months! Fired on the spot!

Why would a team give more if the Cardinals take Murray or another QB at 1? 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Why would they be trading him after the draft?  Kurt Warner said he’d probably get a 3rd...  I love Kurt but he’s clueless here.  Goff would’ve got a 1st from someone after his rookie year.

38 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Why would they be trading him after the draft?  Kurt Warner said he’d probably get a 3rd...  I love Kurt but he’s clueless here.  Goff would’ve got a 1st from someone after his rookie year.

We shall 👀. If he's traded before the draft  its clear their taking a QB and they themselves have decreased Rosen value by not shutting down all the Murray rumors. Show me proof someone was offering a 1st for Goff during his time with Fisher. Before McVay, Goff was looking like a huge bust. If i said Rosen would traded after the draft, that was a mistake. He's ethier getting traded before or during the draft if he's traded.

Edited by Skins212689

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

They’re not just negotiating with the Cardinals, there negotiating against the rest of the league.

Gun to my head I take Rosen over every QB in this draft (but I realize others wouldn’t).  3/4 of the teams picking between 10-20 need a QB and won’t get anyone close to as talented as Rosen where they’re at.

I realize you’re not getting the full benefit of the rookie deal, but you’re getting a guy with a year of experience who should be ready to roll.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gun to my head I take Rosen over every QB in this draft

Agreed. And I like Haskins and am intrigued by Murray and Jones. I just think Rosen is slightly better and more refined than those prospects. I don't get the Rosen hate. He was a rookie playing on a team filled with abominations. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Agreed. And I like Haskins and am intrigued by Murray and Jones. I just think Rosen is slightly better and more refined than those prospects. I don't get the Rosen hate. He was a rookie playing on a team filled with abominations. 

I goofed,  but I’m not getting paged so see my next post.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES