Get me Justin & we ain't got no problem

NudeTayne

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s possible we double dip.

We currently have 1 decent DT, so another 2 would be great.

We need to double dip period. The second best DT on the roster is Trevon Conley who IMO is a JV level talent who wouldn't crack the rotation for most NFL teams let alone start. We will add a veteran of some sort and a high round draft pick of some sort.

18 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

We need to double dip period. The second best DT on the roster is Trevon Conley who IMO is a JV level talent who wouldn't crack the rotation for most NFL teams let alone start. We will add a veteran of some sort and a high round draft pick of some sort.

Conley is certainly not a starting DT in the league, but I don't have a problem with him being our #4 rotational guy.

I agree we need to bring in 2.  I would like to bring in a FA (like Rodney Gunter) and then draft a guy (Oliver is best case)

I'd love to see us go with a DT in round 1 and one in round 4 (assuming some extreme value dosent fall to round 2) Something INSANE would be for instance is Ed Oliver slipped to us at 17 and then Dexter Lawerence is there in round 2....now BOOM our Dline is complete for the next 8 Championship runs ;)

10 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Conley is certainly not a starting DT in the league, but I don't have a problem with him being our #4 rotational guy.

I agree we need to bring in 2.  I would like to bring in a FA (like Rodney Gunter) and then draft a guy (Oliver is best case)

I don't have a problem with him being a #4 guy either but most teams don't use their 4th guy in a rotation. The 4th guy is typically a purely deep depth emergency player or someone with and extremely specialize role which Conley is not good enough at anything to be used in role specific ways.

I guess I should be more specific. Most 43 teams don't use 4 DTs in a rotation. Obviously 34 teams have 5 or even 6 guys in a rotation considering the three down lineman are all typically DT types. We are clearly a 43 team though and Conley is at best a 4th man who should be playing 5-10% of the snaps not 52%

47 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

But double dip at 17 if we get a nice starter in FA? Could it be that they take a DT with some upside round 3? That would be my bet.

6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

But double dip at 17 if we get a nice starter in FA? Could it be that they take a DT with some upside round 3? That would be my bet.

I have a feeling about getting a DT in Free agency....

if-youre-afraid-5b6cd6.jpg

We have more draft picks then holes for the first time in our lives. Lets go get our DT's (2nd starter and elite developmental depth) in the draft...

9 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Yeah I didn't mean it has to be in the 1st round. We have already had this talk and we are going to just have to agree to disagree but I do not think it can wait until round 3 though. As good as the DT class is early I think it absolutely sucks after the first 10 players and I have serious concerns about #9 and #10. I think at the very least 8 DTs are gone by the time pick #80 roles around.

5 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I have a feeling about getting a DT in Free agency....

if-youre-afraid-5b6cd6.jpg

We have more draft picks then holes for the first time in our lives. Lets go get our DT's (2nd starter and elite developmental depth) in the draft...

Gunter was great in Wilks scheme (2nd starter). Renell Wren (developmental depth).

13 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Sure, if they’re BPA. 

I personally wouldn’t spend big on any DL with this draft class tbh, unless it’s a shorter term deal for a vet like Houston.

I think you fill the hole in free agency with a solid player so you’re not dependent on drafting any position at any point.  That said, if a guy like Oliver is obtainable, I’m not passing that up.  If that means we have an elite DL rotation, so be it.

There’s lots of ways to skin this cat, the only one that is a failure to me is to draft for positional need rather than BPA because you failed to sign a decent player in FA.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sure, if they’re BPA. 

I personally wouldn’t spend big on any DL with this draft class tbh, unless it’s a shorter term deal for a vet like Houston.

I think you fill the hole in free agency with a solid player so you’re not dependent on drafting any position at any point.  That said, if a guy like Oliver is obtainable, I’m not passing that up.  If that means we have an elite DL rotation, so be it.

There’s lots of ways to skin this cat, the only one that is a failure to me is to draft for positional need rather than BPA because you failed to sign a decent player in FA.

It’s not about need in my scenario, it’s about having similarly rated players available while having filled a hole in FA. If Hockenson and Wilkins are available and you’ve already signed a starting DT you take Hockenson (or whoever the other player is that’s available.

Just now, pnies20 said:

It’s not about need in my scenario, it’s about having similarly rated players available while having filled a hole in FA. If Hockenson and Wilkins are available and you’ve already signed a starting DT you take Hockenson (or whoever the other player is that’s available.

That’s one of those good kinda problems with no wrong answer imo.

Archived