Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

So far it’s looking like Preston Smith and Jamison Crowder are goners. Smith is going to get paid big because apparently nobody watches Redskins games. 

Landon Collins and CJ Mosley are expected to hit the market. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The only thing I could see hampering Preston Smith’s market is the fact that this is an amazing draft for pass rushers.  

If you're in the top ten or twelve, yes. From what I've seen, there's a pretty severe drop off after that (and Polite did himself no favors at the Combine).

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So far it’s looking like Preston Smith and Jamison Crowder are goners. Smith is going to get paid big because apparently nobody watches Redskins games. 

Landon Collins and CJ Mosley are expected to hit the market. 

MLTU.gif

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh and Collins should be a priority signing.

A box safety who struggles in coverage and who’s been known to run his mouth? We just cut one of those. I’d rather them go after Mosley 

11 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

A box safety who struggles in coverage and who’s been known to run his mouth? We just cut one of those. I’d rather them go after Mosley 

Didn't see the coverage struggles. I'll have to delve into him more. I thought he was decent in coverage and excellent in run defense? I'll research a bit more. 

37 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

This.  I have no interest in Collins.  We should just use a mid round pick on a safety.

58 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Didn't see the coverage struggles. I'll have to delve into him more. I thought he was decent in coverage and excellent in run defense? I'll research a bit more. 

I watch them a bunch up here. He was decent at best in coverage but the Giants defense as a whole was awful. Nice player? Sure. Should we pay him top safety money? No way. I would have much rather keep Swearinger

According to sportrac we could add 25-26 mil in cap space this season by cutting

Norman, McGee, Davis, Foster, and Brown and can possibly save another 4 mil this year based on a Scherref extension

thats about 29-30 mil extra cap we could add to this team this year on top of the 16 mil we project to have now under sportrac,

we could potentially be at 45-46 mil if we do all that but of course will have holes to fill

If we were to do this I could see us going a few ways in FA

Sign Mosely at ILB

Sign Collins at SS

resign HAHA short term if good deal 

Sign Dante Fowler at OLB short term

resign Jonathen Cooper at G cheap

Draft #1 

1Greedy Williams CB

2Deebo Samuel WR

3(Rosen trade) packaged with 2020 late conditional late pick of cards take Murray 

3Michael Jordan G

5Foster Moreau TE

BPA rest of the way

Draft#2

1Daniel Jones QB

2Martez Ivey OG

3Hakeem Butler/Paris Campbell/Miles Boykin. 1 of the 3 at WR

3Michael Jackson CB

5Foster Moreau TE

Im  firm believer in building the D up, we will be rather inexperienced at corner but with that front 7 and back 2 at safety there shouldn’t be an excuse! Will are gonna be a ground and pound team regardless of the qb

Archived