Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

23 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Woz tossing up dirty pictures.

While he asked me to remove my "Get it at Porkys" movie avatar.

Woz is Lori Laughlin'ing my A+ movie reference with his D- movie quote.

which movie quote?

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I hear yea, but it's literally not possible as you'll learn. Almost every move the organization makes most of this forum will.be negative on before even giving it a chance to succeed. It becomes exhausting.

Because the organization right now is being lead by morons. They have "Midas poop finger": everything they touch turns to ... you know ...

Its like they'd rather do nothing at all, then something to try and make the team better. As I said earlier in this thread, they'll complain if we sign a high priced FA and they'll complain if we sign a few mid-tier free agents that add up to the same amount as the one top tier free agent.

1. One thing that I would love to see them do is fire Bruce Allen. That would be a step in the right direction (my dream is for Snyder to sell the team, but I'm not holding my breath on that)
  2. They didn't have to spend an enormous amount on Collins. That was their choice. Other safeties have been cheaper. Had they spent the same money on CJ Mosley, I wouldn't necessarily been happy but I would have understood.
  3. You're also combining those who complain about signing mid-tier free agents (not me) with those who spend on high price free agents (me, especially for players in the secondary). While I haven't been a fan of  many of the targets under Allen (McClain and McGee?! Good grief), I haven't hated all of them (Swearinger, and I thought Pryor was a decent grab (oops)). You, on the other hand, generally love every move until it becomes completely untenable and then you act like it was obvious that player X had to go even though you argued with us the entire time that player X had value.

I've been on this board for 17 years - really active and sometimes not very active -  people will always find something to be angry about.

This board hasn't been online for 17 years.

14 hours ago, Woz said:

This board hasn't been online for 17 years.

You’re wrong. In 2001 or 2002 I was on this board in my college computer lab at Towson university. I know it for a fact, it was the first time I was commenting on this board about NFL mock drafts and who the Redskins should take. 

I can tell you the player I was most upset that the Redskins passed on in that draft because he played at Florida and we had just hired Spurier - Alex Brown who surprisingly fell to the 4th round was drafted in the 2002 NFL draft - I wanted us to take him bc our pass rushers we’re old. I kept saying that either in this forum or on the NFL draft forum on this website that we should’ve drafted him.

12 hours ago, Woz said:

Because the organization right now is being lead by morons. They have "Midas poop finger": everything they touch turns to ... you know ...

1. One thing that I would love to see them do is fire Bruce Allen. That would be a step in the right direction (my dream is for Snyder to sell the team, but I'm not holding my breath on that)
  2. They didn't have to spend an enormous amount on Collins. That was their choice. Other safeties have been cheaper. Had they spent the same money on CJ Mosley, I wouldn't necessarily been happy but I would have understood.
  3. You're also combining those who complain about signing mid-tier free agents (not me) with those who spend on high price free agents (me, especially for players in the secondary). While I haven't been a fan of  many of the targets under Allen (McClain and McGee?! Good grief), I haven't hated all of them (Swearinger, and I thought Pryor was a decent grab (oops)). You, on the other hand, generally love every move until it becomes completely untenable and then you act like it was obvious that player X had to go even though you argued with us the entire time that player X had value.

That’s not entirely true, you mischaracterize my reactions to our offseason moves. There a lot of things I would’ve done different every offseason and you know that. I haven’t  loved a lot of their draft picks or FA signings, but when they’re here I’m going to give them a chance and most in this forum don’t even give the players we acquire a chance.

But I give up, I’m not going to win with you bc you’re always right and I’m always wrong, right? You know my thoughts and what I’ve thought on moves this team has made for decades better than I do myself, correct?

riduculous! I’m tired of being told by people who aren’t me how I felt about how I feel for decades  about any moves this team made.

It’s beyond annoying. I shouldn’t have to defend my own thoughts so much against people who obviously aren’t me but are trying to tell me how I felt or who I was for, against or was willing to wait see develop from years past. 

You're last line isn’t true either. I can want to wait to see if a signing works before totally killing it. That’s all I was doing in years past, I’m just saying give the player a chance. The reason I was upset with other posters about those signings was because they weren’t willing to give those signings a chance to succeed. And of course I’m going to say it’s obviously time to move on from a player isn’t who working out a few years later.  

I don’t see any problem with wanting to wait and see if a player can work out for a few years after we draft or sign him before deciding that we need to cut him. In fact, that’s what all GMs do.

It’s still amazing to me that Flowers went 10th overall. I just don’t understand how it happened.

If we sign him, I hope that Callahan can develop him into something respectable as a reserve. Callahan did a masterful job developing Moses, Long and Roullier as young OL into the players they’ve become.

I certainly wouldn’t love signing Flowers, but I’d have hope that Callahan can get something out of him.

Also, they could be looking to sign him bc as I’ve heard the Redskins are worried about having enough healthy OL to be able to participate in OTAs in a few months bc of all the injuries last year.

Archived