Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Signing Flowers to a 4 mil deal will offset one of the players we lost, so we won’t get that comp pick next year.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Signing Flowers to a 4 mil deal will offset one of the players we lost, so we won’t get that comp pick next year.  

It's the price of the deal that effects this? 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It's the price of the deal that effects this? 

Ya, the higher the contract the higher the comp pick you get (for someone who leaves).  However, it’s based on net losses, so singing free agents offsets the loss and can keep you from getting one.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya, the higher the contract the higher the comp pick you get (for someone who leaves).  However, it’s based on net losses, so singing free agents offsets the loss and can keep you from getting one.  

Ok, thanks for breaking it down for me. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

One thing about this signing is its going to help our screen game. Nobody is better in the NFL than Flowers blocking for the screen. He does it on every play 

Glad he’s good on screens. I watch a bunch of Giant games. He pretty much got Eli killed all of 2016/2017. Last year they tried to salvage him on the right side and he was even worse. They actually signed guys off the street to replace him. 

Just now, bigdog44 said:

Glad he’s good on screens. I watch a bunch of Giant games. He pretty much got Eli killed all of 2016/2017. Last year they tried to salvage him on the right side and he was even worse. They actually signed guys off the street to replace him. 

I think that’s what he’s saying. Flowers would act like he’s blocking on screens every play by not blocking his opponent and giving them a free run at Eli.

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm fine with this.

The way I see it is that I’m fine with losing a 6th round comp pick bc we signed an OL. The issue is that OL was Erek Flowers who so far in his career has been a dumpster fire. It seems to me that we overpaid Flowers by $3 million!

Personally, I would have much rather given Haha Clinton-Dix a one-year $4 million deal and not lost a compensatory pick and then signed Jonathan Cooper to a one-year $2 million deal and not lost a comp pick for that signing either.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Media guys on Twitter are saying he was signed to play G and backup at T with Nsekhe being gone and Christian coming off injury. 

$4M for that bum is a real head scratcher.

My guess is that Callahan sees something in Flowers that he can be a guard but it makes no sense to me.

Of course, this is the same Callahan who wanted Shawn Lauvao as his starting LG the previous 4 seasons.

It would make much more sense and I think be cheaper to re-sign Jonathan Cooper who get this, is an actual guard... 

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The way I see it is that I’m fine with losing a 6th round comp pick bc we signed an OL. The issue is that OL was Erek Flowers who so far in his career has been a dumpster fire. It seems to me that we overpaid Flowers by $4 million!

Personally, I would have much rather given Haha Clinton-Dix a one-year $4 million deal and not lost a compensatory pick and then signed Jonathan Cooper to a one-year $2 million deal and not lost a comp pick for that signing.

I'm not upset we lost a 6th round pick. I thought they had possibly lost the 4th or 5th I already knew about. 

I'd sign up for your Idea over signing Flowers as well. 

• Like 1