Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

My guess is that Callahan sees something in Flowers as a guard but it makes no sense to me.

It would make much more sense and I think be cheaper to re-sign Jonathan Cooper who get this, is an actual guard... 

We have to wonder did they even run this by Bill or not? I would definitely hope so though. 

26 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

We have to wonder did they even run this by Bill or not? I would definitely hope so though. 

I would hope they consult the O line coach before they bring in the worst Tackle in the NFL, especially since they’re spending 4 mil on the guy, but it’s Bruce so probably not 😖

I get to take one of my players to Redskins Park to compete in a high school combine on Wednesday which is pretty cool. Get a chance to hear from Manusky and others. Should be a cool experience.

On a side note though I recieved a notice that Ereck Flowers was hired on for the day as security.

So I guess they're letting everyone in 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

My guess is that Callahan sees something in Flowers that he can be a guard but it makes no sense to me.

Of course, this is the same Callahan who wanted Shawn Lauvao as his starting LG the previous 4 seasons.

It would make much more sense and I think be cheaper to re-sign Jonathan Cooper who get this, is an actual guard... 

Do you  really think Callahan was consulted when they don’t even consult the head coach?

but on the positive we now have two number picks on the  ol from the Sherriff draft and 3 former first round picks on the OL. Too bad one is this guy

12 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Do you  really think Callahan was consulted when they don’t even consult the head coach?

but on the positive we now have two number picks on the  ol from the Sherriff draft and 3 former first round picks on the OL. Too bad one is this guy

I have no clue. It's just a guess as I said...

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

I get to take one of my players to Redskins Park to compete in a high school combine on Wednesday which is pretty cool. Get a chance to hear from Manusky and others. Should be a cool experience.

On a side note though I recieved a notice that Ereck Flowers was hired on for the day as security.

So I guess they're letting everyone in 

He's gonna have fun. A few years ago my wife bought me the one where average joes could go and do the combine drills (3 cone, 10 yard shuttle, 40 yard, broad jump, etc...) . I did okay for a 40-something man

We got to have lunch in the cafeteria at Redskins Park and talk to Cooley and Darrell Young

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok, thanks for breaking it down for me. 

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Go here. You'll see the breakdown.

Until we signed DRC out of retirement and Flowers (who should be retired), we had a 4th, 5th and 6th rounder coming to us.

Now it's just a 4th.

And I guaranteed that neither of those two we just signed will positively contribute that much to the season.

We just literally lost those 2020 picks for basically nothing.

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Prestons 3rd canceled by collins

Hahas 6th cancelled by Flowers(not updated but according to money looks right)

we stand to get

4th for Crowder 

5th for Ty

According to OTC, for some reason DRC crosses out our 5th. Not sure why though, but they've usually been spot on with the comp picks

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Go here. You'll see the breakdown.

Until we signed DRC out of retirement and Flowers (who should be retired), we had a 4th, 5th and 6th rounder coming to us.

Now it's just a 4th.

And I guaranteed that neither of those two we just signed will positively contribute that much to the season.

We just literally lost those 2020 picks for basically nothing.

Brice can’t wait around for comp picks.  His job is on the line.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I hope this contract isn’t guaranteed bc I would hope that Gruden & Callahan decide to cut him if he doesn’t prove he’s worth a roster spot in late August or the first week of September

I wonder if they’re thinking of having him compete for the starting LG position bc $4 million for a back up awful OT seems like an awful overpay.

Damage is already done.

10 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Prestons 3rd canceled by collins

Hahas 6th cancelled by Flowers(not updated but according to money looks right)

we stand to get

4th for Crowder 

5th for Ty

OTC has Rodgers-Cromartie canceling out Nsekhe (even though the contract AAV's are significantly different in value).

Short version: don't expect much in compensatory picks next year.

The sad part: it was completely avoidable. There's absolutely zero reason to have signed DRC and Flowers in the first week of free agency; they would have been available well into April (and likely after the draft). Had Washington waited until after the draft, they would have "gotten their men" and still kept the compensatory picks.

EDIT: I see Thai already referenced OTC. :)

Archived