Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

It's why we should trade him while we can still get something from him.  

At best, you get a conditional 2020 7th pick at that point. If he balls out (I know, unlikely), you can get a 2021 3rd or 4th in compensation when he leaves.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Gruden might not even have the opportunity to be a pet type coach with his job on the line. IDK. All I know is no one at the WR position should just be penciled in.

That's true, its debatable whether Gruden has final say over the roster anyways, just look at his hand being forced to start RG3 in 2014 and its need debated for years amongst beat reporters that Allen has final say.

15 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

It shouldn't feel that way, nobody said he is better than Crowder. Crowder is always hurt. Grant started 10 games and did nothing noteworthy in 10 games. 

Agreed. He was so mediocre that the team that JUST signed him last year, now does not want him back. And suddenly he is a MUST GET?? LOL

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So your fine if I get a rookie to take reps away from the ONLY slot guy on the team? 

Is said rookie a slot receiver? Then let them compete for the position. I am not wedded to Quinn as a player. I just don't want to bother giving reps to Grant.

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So your fine if I get a rookie to take reps away from the ONLY slot guy on the team? 

I'm fine with a rookie (who plays the slot) who I think has potential? Yeah. Because for those slots, I need to keep them for guys who have upside. Not slow, aging WRs who never were.

Grant has no potential. Ever see the movie the "The Hobbit"? His ceiling is a bit lower than the ceiling in Bilbo Baggins' house.

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

At best, you get a conditional 2020 7th pick at that point. If he balls out (I know, unlikely), you can get a 2021 3rd or 4th in compensation when he leaves.

This is kinda what I said elsewhere (or maybe further back in this discussion). We let Dox have his fourth year her and don't pick up his option. And even if he DOES ball out, we STILL don't pick up his option. Because it's an aberration. And that 4th rounder will be nice for 2021.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We should trade Quinn and Sims for three firsts while we still can. Once they play a game, it'll be like driving a car off the lot, their value will go down.

Sure. I mean, you're pretty good with draft valuation. You're okay with paying a first for Rosen. So, of course I trust your judgement on trades ;) Hehe

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is kinda what I said elsewhere (or maybe further back in this discussion). We let Dox have his fourth year her and don't pick up his option. And even if he DOES ball out, we STILL don't pick up his option. Because the 4th rounder will be nice for 2021.

Well, they would have to pick his option in May. They won't know if he balls out or not before they have to execute the option.

We need an X reciever. You know the guy that people actually fear and have to roll coverage to? Ain't got one on the roster, so yeah let's go in the draft looking for another slot wr. Make it priority #1. That's just stuiped. Paul Richardson is a #2 reciever, dont think anyone would argue that one. Doctson is the problem, hes out of position. He is also a #2 receiver, would probably thrive in that role.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Well, they would have to pick his option in May. They won't know if he balls out or not before they have to execute the option.

Even better. We just don't pick it up. He hasn't shown anything yet. He's most likely not gonna show anything. And if he does, it's better for us that someone else pays for the 2019 fools gold

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We should trade Quinn and Sims for three firsts while we still can. Once they play a game, it'll be like driving a car off the lot, their value will go down.

strawman.png

1 minute ago, Bo Duke said:

We need an X reciever. You know the guy that people actually fear and have to roll coverage to? Ain't got one on the roster, so yeah let's go in the draft looking for another slot wr. Make it priority #1. That's just stuiped. Paul Richardson is a #2 reciever, dont think anyone would argue that one. Doctson is the problem, hes out of position. He is also a #2 receiver, would probably thrive in that role.

Shhh...we're looking for ways we can get Grant on the roster. Making sense of roster compilation is not what the Redskins do. If they did, we'd have more than 2 playoff wins in the last 20 years.

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm fine with a rookie (who plays the slot) who I think has potential? Yeah. Because for those slots, I need to keep them for guys who have upside. Not slow, aging WRs who never were.

Grant has no potential. Ever see the movie the "The Hobbit"? His ceiling is a bit lower than the ceiling in Bilbo Baggins' house.

Agree to Disagree. Basically if they dont draft or sign another slot WR the job is being given to Quinn. I wouldn't go that route.

Archived