Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

1 hour ago, rizzy said:

6-10-10-6 depending on how you do at the end of close games similar to our team during our 6-3 run. We wouldn't be able to come back if we had a big deficit but we would be in every game. Works against the teams who aren't able to consistently break down our defense and we wait for them to make a mistake. With the moves they have made it doesn't seem like they have any intention of breaking it down and doing a proper rebuild to be a contender.

This team has no chance at 10-6. Not enough depth to survive injuries and we always have major injuries. 7-9 is this teams likely record. 

Injuries we're the major reason why we didn't win the Division last yr, or simply make the Playoffs.

We we're 6-3, before everything fell apart. 

I think we we're on pace of reaching 11-5 or 10-6. 9-7 would have got us in...

I think we will be even better this season, if we can upgrade at WR or get more explosive in that area, Guice can stay healthy & we address LG.

Defense was already playing very good & now we've added L. Collins on the back end.

If we have a good draft, we will compete for the NFC.

I want Drew Lock, but if we roll with Keenum & have a decent passing game?

Maintain our strong running game?

We'll be better than most expect here.

Agree AITH, no reason to believe that with a healthy combination of Case Keenum and Colt McCoy that we can't win 12 or 13 games. Adrian Peterson and Fred Davis are aging like a fine wine, Mo Harris is only going to have another year of experience under his belt, and having Ereck Flowers at LG gives us more athleticism than we've ever had there. Top 5 offense next year.

Keenum proved he can win 11+ games.

So did Alex Smith & was still on pace for it.

Unlike the guy we let go.

I'm starting to believe that Cousins & Bradford are the same guy.

Need 4000 yards=ok

Need 25 TD's=ok

Need 10 wins=not so much

I'd rather put my faith in Keenum, rookie Drew Lock or broken fibula Alex, before regretting letting Mr. Choke walk.

But that's just me.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Injuries we're the major reason why we didn't win the Division last yr, or simply make the Playoffs.

I think we will be even better this season, if we can upgrade at WR or get more explosive in that area, Guice can stay healthy & we address LG.

Defense was already playing very good & now we've added L. Collins on the back end.

Ace we had a winning record but we were a losing team.I have seen it so many times in the last 30 years.Start out good playing weak teams.Then when the contenders on the schedule are up we look like the pretenders they have been for a long time.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't see how we are better. We will have worse QB play - at least as far as turnovers go - we will be missing our 2nd best edge rusher, a good slot WR - of course, he got hurt last year for 1/2 the year - and while I like the potential of our young ILBs, I can't be sure that any of them are as good of a run stuffer and blitzer as Zach Brown with sideline to sideline speed even if it's not always in the right direction.

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Need 4000 yards=ok

Need 25 TD's=ok

Need 10 wins=not so much

I'd rather put my faith in Keenum, rookie Drew Lock or broken fibula Alex, before regretting letting Mr. Choke walk.

But that's just me.

He had an elite D and two to bowl Wrs to throw to in 2017 in Minny,, the Redskins dont have those things. Classic example of teams win games & not just Qbs

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Need 4000 yards=ok

Need 25 TD's=ok

Need 10 wins=not so much

But that's just me.

Know who else who proved they could win 11+ games?  

Kyle Rudolph

Why knock Keenum? He may not be a savior, but he's no slouch either. 3 million dollars for a qb? That ain't bad. Me, I'd rather give Colt a shot and see where it takes us and then go to Keenum if it starts going awry. But I just like Colt though, so that sways my judgment some.

Keenum did what he could last year with what he had. Denver's injuries were pretty bad last season and the system didn't fit him. Not saying he's going to light it on fire, but let's not kid ourselves Alex wasn't really lighting it up either. Keenum gives us a chance. Not sure any QBs coming out this year are ready to start right away 

19 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Why knock Keenum? He may not be a savior, but he's no slouch either. 3 million dollars for a qb? That ain't bad. Me, I'd rather give Colt a shot and see where it takes us and then go to Keenum if it starts going awry. But I just like Colt though, so that sways my judgment some.

Keenum did what he could last year with what he had. Denver's injuries were pretty bad last season and the system didn't fit him. Not saying he's going to light it on fire, but let's not kid ourselves Alex wasn't really lighting it up either. Keenum gives us a chance. Not sure any QBs coming out this year are ready to start right away 

I'm not knocking anyone other than to say that we do not have our QBOTF on our roster right now. I just take issue with the use of wins and losses as a QB-only stat. When QB's have nothing to do with the defense or ST's. W/L is a coach and front office stat. As they are responsible for the whole team, not just the offense.

So when someone tells me that a QB went 10-6, I can point out that another player on the team also has a 10-6 record.

Archived