Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

10 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Ioannidis leaving is gonna be so annoying. Because you know he is gonna be good elsewhere. 

Agreed. I LOVE the guy. But we can only devote so much $$ at one position. But if he signs a good contract, I'm okay with pocketing a 3rd rounder. Didn't we get him in the 5th or 6th?

12 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Why haven't we trimmed the dead wood for more cap space . When is that shoe dropping ?

Dunno. While technically we don't have to have it done until Wednesday, it really should be done by Noon today. Because Noon today is when we can start negotiating deals for other FAs

10 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

honestly Ill take a 3rd round comp for ioannidis, we will have a lot of money tied into the dline if we sign him, payne, and allen all to new contracts in the future. I want to see settle at Nose and kick payne out on the end if ioannidis is gone after next year

I'm not saying that isn't the play, but if we're going to do that, why not just trade Ioannidis now and get some value for him sooner rather later (when it could be variable or zeroed out)?

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Agreed. I LOVE the guy. But we can only devote so much $$ at one position. But if he signs a good contract, I'm okay with pocketing a 3rd rounder. Didn't we get him in the 5th or 6th?

2016 5th

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Probably a little of what Thai said. We technically don't have to yet. 

At the same time, other free agents are going to see that there isn't a spot open for them on the roster, so they might not take any contacts from Washington seriously.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

This does not please me one bit:

Like I said, we will sit on our hands while everyone else in the division improves and then we’ll applaud them for not going all out in free agency but we’ll somehow manage to win 7 games and miss out on all the top rated QBs in the draft while screaming “just wait til next year”. 

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

At the same time, other free agents are going to see that there isn't a spot open for them on the roster, so they might not take any contacts from Washington seriously.

I don't think that's the reason why they don't take us seriously :P

Just now, lavar703 said:

Like I said, we will sit on our hands while everyone else in the division improves and then we’ll applaud them for not going all out in free agency but we’ll somehow manage to win 7 games and miss out on all the top rated QBs in the draft while screaming “just wait til next year”. 

Well, when you only have $24M in cap space and you don't clear room, there's not a whole lot you can do at the start.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think that's the reason why they don't take us seriously :P

Fair point, but at least if you wave a lot of money in their face, they'll at least return your call. If you cannot even do that, why should they bother?

Archived