Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

Just now, lavar703 said:

You can cut the deadweight for one. 

Agreed, but they aren't doing that, so they effectively cannot be involved in the start of free agency even if they wanted to.

Just saw a report Skins are big players for CJ Mosley. They are shopping Brown and Mason Foster. Kind of exciting on two fronts. Hopefully we can get Mosely but it looks like regardless they are finally looking to upgrade the inside lb position. If we miss on CJ maybe they would actually draft White or Bush at 15. Huge need, if our D is truly going to be great it's a must 

4 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Just saw a report Skins are big players for CJ Mosley. They are shopping Brown and Mason Foster. Kind of exciting on two fronts. Hopefully we can get Mosely but it looks like regardless they are finally looking to upgrade the inside lb position. If we miss on CJ maybe they would actually draft White or Bush at 15. Huge need, if our D is truly going to be great it's a must 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/11/report-washington-wants-to-clear-space-to-pursue-c-j-mosley/ 

Just to add a link. It is PFT though.

11 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Mosley would be nice, but the market may get really ugly when it comes down to the contract:

Just now, turtle28 said:

Here is the tweet

Thank you for the reference. The front office is insane if they think there's any market for either of these guys since teams know they'll be available in 48 hours time. Maybe you could score a conditional 2020 6th or 7th, but that's about it.

Just now, Woz said:

Mosley would be nice, but the market may get really ugly when it comes down to the contract:

Mosley would be more than nice, he’d be the best ILB we would’ve had on our roster since I can remember. Honestly, if we got him I’m not even sure if we’ve had a better one in our history. Mosley does everything well, he’s not only a run stuffer but he’s excellent in pass coverage and he makes game changing plays.

1 minute ago, Doc Draper said:

Roll Red Tide. We could end up with half the defense from bama 

Hope so, it’s been working well. Ever since we started doing that when we drafted Allen two years ago, our defense has been getting better.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Mosley would be more than nice, he’d be the best ILB we would’ve had on our roster since I can remember. Honestly, if we got him I’m not even sure if we’ve had a better one in our history. Mosley does everything well, he’s not only a run stuffer but he’s excellent in pass coverage and he makes game changing plays.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a nice signing. I'm saying one of the first guideposts in the ILB market is quite high for a so-so player.

26 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

I completely agree!! A top notch ILb is IMO our biggest need on this defense. We need a all pro talent at one of those spots who can call a defense and line guys up. I’d still prefer to draft that guy and spend the money on Collins. But realistically I can see them trying to make splashes this year so I could see them try for both. Who knows they will find some way to make their money work

Archived