Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

As Thai said and one said, they were cutting those vets anyways. So I don't see what the big fuss is over, but I guess you gotta cry about something.

They just made an in-the-box, throwback safety the fourth highest AAV player on the roster. Depending on the numbers, he's now 7-8% of the 2019 salary cap by himself.

If you wanted to re-sign someone like Brandon Scherff next year, that 7-8% of cap space in 2020 would have been nice to have, right?

Oh but I'm just "crying" about a player who plays a position no sensible team pays half of what they just offered Collins.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hopefully he signs a $90m contract and erases this one for us in the comp pick lottery.

Daddy needs some 2020 comp picks

That would work, lol. I’d say it’s impossible but Ryan Grant got 31 mil last year before he, ummm, didn’t. Jets have a ton of money to spend and the receiver market isn’t very deep. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s not why he was not re-signed by the Giants. The Giants wanted to see what his market was, and Gettleman is known as a cheap GM.

Wow, I can’t believe you’d even type that. 

You know how he's going to improve the team.

1. Better coverage in short to medium w/ TEs & others in short zones. 

2. Better run defense and tackling from the S position 

3. Great Leadership for a young secondary.

All things the team needed, so Im not sure why some are so mad. AB just showed the league what a Good to Great player can do if they really want to. Who else were they suppose to go after? White or Wilson could be potential draft prospects thier looking at. Mosley is a guy rumored to be a target as well. Collins is young and a guy who I think will fit in well with the BaMa guys already on the team. None of Us are paying this money but alot of people have something to say about this mans money. This isnt Us giving someone 84 million guaranteed and the team can't even get to the playoffs!

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Leave McGee out of this. I told you he was worthless when he signed. That's a canard that you're hiding behind.

Brown and Foster's replacements will likely have to be on the roster right now, because they cannot afford to replace them with anyone. Whether they are better than them is an open question (and one I think you are looking at through burgundy & gold lenses). Also, if you need to draft an ILB, you've possibly put yourself back into a position where you have to reach for talent because the ILB draft class looks to be thin.

Waste cap space on a lower value position forcing you to cut veterans to make cap space in order to reach on draft picks ... BRILLIANT strategy, that.

Of course this is correct

1. How come you know this not the guys getting paid millions a year?

2. I bet no small part of this decision was Lil Danny thinking he was screwing the Mara’s 

The Collins can not cover statement is just giants fans trying to make themselves feel good about not resigning him. I have a good amount of giants fans who watch every game and from the games I saw him play that say otherwise. Sure he is not an elite cover safety but definitely a better cover safety than D.J. He is an in the box safety but I think people are undervaluing what a great in the box safety can do. Landon Collins is a young safety who is going to be a real asset for our defense. The money is hard to look at but it will be worth it and we can make cap room by cutting the guys who do not play worth their pay.

Just now, Woz said:

They just made an in-the-box, throwback safety the fourth highest AAV player on the roster. Depending on the numbers, he's now 7-8% of the 2019 salary cap by himself.

If you wanted to re-sign someone like Brandon Scherff next year, that 7-8% of cap space in 2020 would have been nice to have, right?

Oh but I'm just "crying" about a player who plays a position no sensible team pays half of what they just offered Collins.

I meant to add this before hitting a reply in one of my other posts.

The bolded is the problem now. Which is more important? We need to decide.

Just now, bigdog44 said:
3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hopefully he signs a $90m contract and erases this one for us in the comp pick lottery.

Daddy needs some 2020 comp picks

That would work, lol. I’d say it’s impossible but Ryan Grant got 31 mil last year before he, ummm, didn’t. Jets have a ton of money to spend and the receiver market isn’t very deep. 

You would be better to hope on Preston Smith due to his position. That's more likely to offset, thus leaving Crowder to give you a compensatory pick.

Just now, Woz said:

You would be better to hope on Preston Smith due to his position. That's more likely to offset, thus leaving Crowder to give you a compensatory pick.

Either works for me. Since I'm confident in the mastery which is Brice Allen, I KNOW that both will get $100m contracts.

Just now, Woz said:

Nowhere close to offsetting Collins:

Archived