Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

They did crazy alright.

Just not smart crazy.

Did we expect smart!!!! Like I’m so torn because I love the player so I love the move!!!! But I’m a football guy and I can’t even defend the move because now it’s not a move where it’s likely to work out now it’s a if he misses one tackle people knock him when the game was great. Like we already have cap issues so this is hard for me. They got my guy they probably messed up going against the colts in a bid. But in the pot of names of players this year he was the name to get. Young leader and tough

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Nethier did the 84 million dollar Cousins. Collins on the other will make others around him better on defense. Keenum also is getting paid peenies compared to Cousins yet who has taken thier teams closest to the goal of a SuperBowl. I think that guy is on this team and they only owe him 3.5 million. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Did we expect smart!!!!

No, but I didn't expect voluntarily putting themselves in cap hell one year after putting themselves in cap purgatory either.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

But I’m a football guy and I can’t even defend the move because now it’s not a move where it’s likely to work out

^---- This.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

AB just showed the NFL what a scale means, so did KC last year being the first to get a fully guaranteed contract. 

Both of those positions also are valued more (1st and 3rd in tag amounts) than safety (9th).

Change for Brown's contract relative to the franchise tag: ~18% more
Change for Collins' contract relative to the franchise tag: ~25% more

One of those guys is considered the best at his position, a position the NFL values. The other is a player who took advantage of a stupid team to jack up the price in a market where contracts were falling.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Both of those positions also are valued more (1st and 3rd in tag amounts) than safety (9th).

Change for Brown's contract relative to the franchise tag: ~18% more
Change for Collins' contract relative to the franchise tag: ~25% more

One of those guys is considered the best at his position, a position the NFL values. The other is a player who took advantage of a stupid team to jack up the price in a market where contracts were falling.

I thought we agreed to disagree.

13 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Did we expect smart!!!! Like I’m so torn because I love the player so I love the move!!!! But I’m a football guy and I can’t even defend the move because now it’s not a move where it’s likely to work out now it’s a if he misses one tackle people knock him when the game was great. Like we already have cap issues so this is hard for me. They got my guy they probably messed up going against the colts in a bid. But in the pot of names of players this year he was the name to get. Young leader and tough

I think most of our fans know that one missed tackle isn't the be all/end all.  But you should be paying Collins to have a complete game, not just be one dimensional.  Eagles fans are loving this move considering how badly Ertz and their other TE abuse Collins in coverage.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

DJ Swearinger.  His AAV is 4.5 million.  PFF has Swearinger rated their 13th overall safety, Landon Collins comes in at 39.  

So we paid $9.5 million more to, at best, come out even, because I'll be the first to admit PFF has it's faults.  But you can also argue we paid that much money to downgrade as well. 

animat-bullseye-color.gif

The Dan Snyder/Brice Allen way. You have to factor in the “loser premium” to get anybody to sign here, and it’s looks like that premium is going up and up 

Its pricey for sure, but two years from now it will look like a bargain. Its just the way the NFL works. I do think it's better to spend more on one player than the same amount on a bunch of bums. McGee, Brown, Mason Foster, Pernell McPhee, Shawn Luvao are all bums. It's a different approach for a change.

What would be funny as hell though is find ways to cut the payroll some more and then go get Earl Thomas on a 3 year deal. I think our safety problem would be solved. I know it would be completely wrong to do that but I get giddy thinking about it 

Or spend our 2nd rounder on Juan Thornhill 

Archived