Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Nethier did the 84 million dollar Cousins. Collins on the other will make others around him better on defense. Keenum also is getting paid peenies compared to Cousins yet who has taken thier teams closest to the goal of a SuperBowl. I think that guy is on this team and they only owe him 3.5 million. 

Is this thread about Collins or Cousins? Because frankly its a bit ridiculous to compare 2017 Vikings (who had an OL, a running game and a better defense, an OC ) with 2018 Vikings (who had none of those and had the OC fired midseason and an OL coach who died right before training camp). Yes, Cousins underperformed relative to his contract. But the team around him didn't play up to the 2017 team's capabilities. That's not all on the QB.

But...and I'll stress this. If you want to rail on Cousins, have at it. Make a separate post in the TART thread and go to town.

We're talking about Collins. So let's get back to him.

How does he make this team better when he's making almost twice the AAV that the rest of the league pays at that position?

49 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Is this thread about Collins or Cousins? Because frankly its a bit ridiculous to compare 2017 Vikings (who had an OL, a running game and a better defense, an OC ) with 2018 Vikings (who had none of those and had the OC fired midseason and an OL coach who died right before training camp). Yes, Cousins underperformed relative to his contract. But the team around him didn't play up to the 2017 team's capabilities. That's not all on the QB.

But...and I'll stress this. If you want to rail on Cousins, have at it. Make a separate thread and go to town. We're talking about Collins. How does he make this team better when he's making almost twice the AAV that the rest of the league pays at that position?

The point was Collins will make us better on defense, thats all I care about. While it was ok to give 84 million guaranteed to a guy who was suppose to be the missing piece to a playoff team, yet he didn't even get them back to the playoffs. It's a issue giving a guy 45 milllion guranteed who will for sure fill a missing piece on a already good defense. Collins will help this Defense become top 15 IMO. I don't care about the position, I care about the impact. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

The point was Collins will make us better on defense, thats all I care about. While it was ok to give 84 million guaranteed to a guy who was suppose to be the mixing piece to a playoff team, yet he didn't even get them back to the playoffs. It's a issue giving a guy 45 milllion guranteed who will for sure fill a missing piece on a already good defense. Collins will help this Defense become top 15 IMO. I don't care about the position, I care about the impact. 

Okay. Got it. So now I see where you were going with this. 

Okay, so why not sign another player, then? Yes, we needed a safety. Plenty of others out there to choose from. You can get very similar production at a fraction of the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I said originally that we should target him. I just don't like the price tag. And I definitely don't like it if he turns out not to be able to cover like some Jints fans say. 

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay. Got it. So now I see where you were going with this. 

Okay, so why not sign another player, then? Yes, we needed a safety. Plenty of others out there to choose from. You can get very similar production at a fraction of the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I said originally that we should target him. I just don't like the price tag. And I definitely don't like it if he turns out not to be able to cover like some Jints fans say. 

Collins is who they wanted and possibly the best SS on the market. While you have your doubts, some here actaully like this move. Me being one of those.

It's no need to keep talking about Collins money. None of us have to pay it to him. He brings a great presence on and off the field. So I'm gonna focus on that, not what he's getting paid. Use him the correct way and you can't say he isn't gonna make the Defense better. 

Hearing their still in on CJ. Mosley. Starting to see the philosophy. Washington can’t pick em and can’t coach em. Why not just grab the best coached college players? They can coach themselves. Don’t be shocked if they wind up with Dionte Thompson to play center field (hopefully better than he did in the natty)

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Collins is who they wanted and possibly the best SS on the market. While you have your doubts, some here actaully like this move. Me being one of those.

It's no need to keep talking about Collins money. None of us have to pay it to him. He brings a great presence on and off the field. So I'm gonna focus on that, not what he's getting paid. Use him the correct way and you can't say he isn't gonna make the Defense better. 

I actually hate this line of thinking. Yes, we don't have to pay him. But we root for a team that has to pay him. And since there is a cap, unlike baseball, every dollar they spend on one player cannot be spent elsewhere where it might do a better job.

Yes, if we use him in the correct way, we might get a return on that investment. At this point, I can only hope we do.

2 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Hearing their still in on CJ. Mosley. Starting to see the philosophy. Washington can’t pick em and can’t coach em. Why not just grab the best coached college players? They can coach themselves. Don’t be shocked if they wind up with Dionte Thompson to play center field (hopefully better than he did in the natty)

I dont want Thompson and if they do get Mosley they are definitely tryna get better on the defensive side of the ball. The hate that is coming from some supposed fans for them actaully doing something right is beyond me. SS and IMB are holes that would be filled for years to come and with Top 5 young talented guy at thier positions. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

I dont want Thompson and if they do get Mosley they are definitely tryna get better on the defensive side of the ball. The hate that is coming from some supposed fans for them actaully doing something right is beyond me. SS and IMB are holes that would be filled for years to come and with Top 5 young talented guy at thier positions. 

You honestly have no reservations about the Redskins making free agents the top paid players at their position in history?  We’ve been down this road before, what could go wrong?

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I actually hate this line of thinking. Yes, we don't have to pay him. But we root for a team that has to pay him. And since there is a cap, unlike baseball, every dollar they spend on one player cannot be spent elsewhere where it might do a better job.

Yes, if we use him in the correct way, we might get a return on that investment. At this point, I can only hope we do.

You work thier cap situation? You work the contracts? You work for the organization? 

Archived